Flat pitch at BCCI's request, not a chance

King

I have heard Coney mentioning NZ has rolled out flat pitches to satisfy BCCI and it's just horse hsit that some of the past NZ cricketers are spreading. Richardson and Coney despite having played enough in Napier are sprouting lies in the media just to win a browny point or two. The following is the record at the McLean Park, Napier : There have been 8 test matches played so far with 2 yielding result and 6 of them a draw :finger: Matches : 8 Results win/loss : 2 Draw : 6 Runs scored : 7913 Wickets taken : 202 Balls bowled : 16084 Average per wicket : 39.17 RPO : 2.95 One look at the above stats will suggest an average team score on this ground is 391. RPO is as high as 2.95. The following is the match list : New Zealand v Pakistan 16 Feb 1979 Test # 847 RESULT : DRAW New Zealand v India 9 Feb 1990 Test # 1138 RESULT : DRAW New Zealand v Sri Lanka 11 Mar 1995 Test # 1292 RESULT : SL won by 241 runs New Zealand v Sri Lanka 4 Apr 2005 Test # 1746 RESULT : DRAW New Zealand v West Indies 25 Mar 2006Test # 1793 RESULT : DRAW New Zealand v England 22 Mar 2008 Test # 1868 RESULT : ENGLAND WON BY 121 RUNS New Zealand v West Indies 19 Dec 2008 Test # 1900 RESULT : DRAW New Zealand v India 26 Mar 2009 Test # 1917 RESULT : DRAW The chance of a result in the past on this ground has been under 25% Moreover Napier/Hastings are one of the driest places in NZ. The sun beats down on a consistent basis and the pitch bakes in sun. Unlike West Indies or India the pitches are by nature are not flat and hard. They are a lot soft and for the pitches to break it will take about couple of weeks or three of sun on the pitch. Unfortunately these test matches aren't timeless, they are only played for 5 days. Why do you reckon Vettori averages 35.02 at home? He has 5 5fers at home compared 18 5fers overseas. Hamilton was a decent cricket pitch that assisted both bowlers and batsmen. Obviously better team won there. One way NZ can help itself is to push for green top in Wellington but even Wellington pitch has slowed down over the years. Even if they do produce a green top it will pretty much mean Vettori will need to play as a batsman. Last time India toured NZ Vettori wore Tuffey's shirt as he was not picked to bowl by Fleming :--D He can't do that this time, will he? Only once has NZ scored over 400 during this century and that was against Sri Lanka that had the bowling line up of Vaas, Malinga, Maharoof, U Chandana, Jayasuriya, Dilshan and Jayawardene. That can hardly be called a decent test bowling line up. NZ has lost against SL and England in the last couple of years. Murali, Malinga, J Anderson and Sidebottom have been the wrecker in chief. I don't know why NZ is looking for sporting pitches??? They should go for a flat pitch and look to draw the last one. 1-0 looks better than 2-0. NZ has some decent batting but bowling as every possible cricket follower knows doesn't look capable of claiming 20 wickets in a test match.

I had mentioned this even before the series - the reason for the pitches being like they were on our last tour was because they were drop in wickets and were not typical of even New Zealand. Specially Napier - I had predicted a draw there even before the series. It's got to be one of the flattest wickets I have ever seen. There are a few sporting and result wickets in NZ, no doubt, Wellington where we play next being one of them but Napier certainly is not one of them.

Do any of the predominantly white cricketing nations take a loss to Asian teams in the right spirit? Aus lead the pack, and then Eng and then NZ - I forget if SA also complained.
SA is not white, you damn racist! And Ravi, excellent OP, PWNS them well good. Seems you made a typo after "horse" though :D How I wish, some of our Indian newspapers would have the sense to print this kind of rebuttal. *sigh*
Be that as it may' date=' how would you explain the road in Perth?[/quote'] Perth was a road? Compare the Perth wicket we played on to the one where South Africa chased down 414 for the loss of 4 wickets for instance or where South Africa batted for 4+ sessions to save a test the last time they were there.
Perth was a road? Compare the Perth wicket we played on to the one where South Africa chased down 414 for the loss of 4 wickets for instance or where South Africa batted for 4+ sessions to save a test the last time they were there.
Some may argue that BCCI was instrumental in making Perth a road, its after effects are inconsequential.