What target should India set at what time?

No point in India batting tomorrow. If we are not feeling secured with a lead of 531, nothing will do. Then there is the indifferent weather predicted for the next two days. Go have a crack at Kiwi openers from ball one. Early freshness in the pitch and gloomy conditions(hopefully) will ensure us picking up at least couple of wickets in the first hour of play.Where as I'm sure if India bats during that period,we'll see Dhoni and Yuvi huffing and puffing against new ball.

What's the hurry to declare? There's still SO MUCH time left in this Test' date=' and we're up 1-0 as it is. If we're able to keep wickets intact, then India should at least bat out the first session tomorrow.[/quote'] Hey rain is predicted so i dont think India will bat for 600....dhoni knows that 531 is good enuff on any kinda track and this is a bowler friendly track upto a certain extent and there is an advantage India as they have the lead of 1-0 up in the series.....anyways India will win as it wont take more than 4 sessions for India to wrap up the N Zelander batting line up... ONE GONE THE OTHERS WILL FOLLOW HIM like they did in the first innings :haha: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
What's the hurry to declare? There's still SO MUCH time left in this Test' date=' and we're up 1-0 as it is. If we're able to keep wickets intact, then India should at least bat out the first session tomorrow.[/quote'] I agree. There is a lot of time left and pitch is still ok, and we can bat one session. Get the lead to 600+ 5 sessions remain after that, and even curtailed due to weather we can get 4 sessions. So, just go ahead and bat out the morning session to get 600+
If we are not feeling secured with a lead of 531' date=' nothing will do. .[/quote'] This!!! if dont have the confidence to defend this 500 total against this shyte NZ batting on this pitch.... then we dont fit to b in the top team league.. if at the end it turns out that we dont have enough time to dismiss them cuz of weather, it wud be very disappointing since this game is ours...

if it rains on tueday for a fact.... then declare tomorrow otherwise if it doesnt rain, exceed that lead to 600-650 with a yuvi onslaught and dhoni kepping the pace going. I wouldnt suggest the bowlers having a bat as might affect their fatigueness unless they declare after lunch or so.

bat about 10 overs tomorrow, score 60-70 runs, push the lead to 600+ and give nz a 600+ target with 170 overs to get at most nz can make 450 & play out 4.5 sessions, most likely they will fold for 250 by the end of the day

I dont know why everyone wants a 600 lead?? wat diff does it make when its being chased by a team who cant even get to 300.. if the weather fecks up tomorrow... then we wont have enough time to force a result.. and kiwis will hapilly draw this one.. neways ppl here r happy with the 1-0 result.. so it shudnt matter much.. so much chest thumpin for the best team in the world..