What target should India set at what time?

Dont forget that a captain in Dhoni's position has to think pessimistically when it comes to declaration. That was Ganguly's parting advice to MSD.
Does he really ? Sure we've been pretty good at saving/chasing big totals when opposition have declared, etc. - but given the possibility of rain and our bowling attack being in pretty good form, he can afford a little risk. But nothing short of 550 though :P
Does he really ? Sure we've been pretty good at saving/chasing big totals when opposition have declared' date=' etc. - but given the possibility of rain and our bowling attack being in pretty good form, [b']he can afford a little risk. But nothing short of 550 though :P
I dont think so. Given that we are already leading in the series, he will eliminate even the minutest chance of that result which can undo it. He will not take even a little risk of not winning the series to win this match. So he will declare where only two results are possible- an Indian win or a draw- both leading to a series win.
India wont declare today..i will be really surprised if they do..they wud declare some time before lunch tom
I agree.

India will not declare today and are looking at lead of over 550 runs at least. They will bat till lunch tomorrow and declare. That will mean they have sealed the series. 2-0 would be nice and preferable but India will seal the series before looking for a win as usual.

When should India declare ??? I think India should have declared just a few overs b4 the day was ended today and put the New Zelanders under the gun straight away after getting past 500 but yes I think India will declare overnight and use the early moisture next morning with zak and ishant and some bite and grip off the surface with bhajji.....so probably 550 will be a good score :--D