Warne > Dhoni

flamy

I have always maintained Dhoni will go on and become the best captain India ever had and maybe even the best in the world. However, Warne is a total class apart. :hail: If ever there was a perfect moniker for the word Legend - it is Shane Warne. :hatsoff:

I have always maintained Dhoni will go on and become the best captain India ever had and maybe even the best in the world. However, Warne is a total class apart. :hail: If ever there was a perfect moniker for the word Legend - it is Shane Warne. :hatsoff:
The way he stopped them from scoring after the break near the end was amazing. Despite everyone thinking that RR were going to lose. The man is a genius. :-)

Warne is a legend and a class apart from any other man I've seen on a cricket field. FWIW, I've had the chance to see guys like McGrath, Flintoff, Murali, Bond and co. bowling - but Warne was the only one who just had to start swinging his arms to warm up, and immediately sent a feeling through a cricket ground that *something* big would happen. A showman of the highest order and a true magician who could pull something out of nothing - and did it so many times. I wish he'd come back and play one more Ashes series. :((

Meanwhile, it breaks my heart that Australia gave the captaincy to the Annoying Tasmanian Midget after Waugh hung his boots up. Drug scandal or not, Warne could have been the greatest Australian skipper (and who knows, as captain he might have been inclined to hang around a bit longer) in a long time.

I wonder who'd bag him as a coach.
Nobody. Warne may be a guy who'll sleep around with 20 women in a week, but he is NOT a hypocrite and certainly wouldn't turn back on all his arguments against coaches by becoming one the moment a contract came his way.

Nobody. Warne may be a guy who'll sleep around with 20 women in a week, but he is NOT a hypocrite and certainly wouldn't turn back on all his arguments against coaches by becoming one the moment a contract came his way.
Wats wrong with that? Ah, yes I forgot abt that.

Wats wrong with that? Ah, yes I forgot abt that.
At most he'll do something like teaching kids cricket or as a youth coach (which is very different from the job he kept criticising), and it will be wonderful if he can pass on some of that knowledge. If not, he'll still be one hell of a commentator to listen to for C9.

Meanwhile, it breaks my heart that Australia gave the captaincy to the Annoying Tasmanian Midget after Waugh hung his boots up. Drug scandal or not, Warne could have been the greatest Australian skipper (and who knows, as captain he might have been inclined to hang around a bit longer) in a long time.
That was really bad luck for the Ozs. Warne has one of the best cricketing brains unlike that idiot cheat.

Warne is the only foreign player I truly and seamlessly admire. What irony that I only really got to "know" a true bonafide LEGEND of the game in a tournament such as IPL, which is derided by purists the world over :D

Rajasthan are really lucky that they luckily chose him to be skipper. Damn, he inspires confidence like no other on the field - despite kicking and spitting at the umpires (at the ground but aiming at the umpires, of course). He's very fit for someone who plays cricket for 4 weeks a year - he was diving around, stopping singles. Damn. :D :D

Warne is a Genius without any doubt .. RR is a pathetic team except maybe YKP, Warne, Smith (who is not looking his usual self nowadays) and a few else... but Warne's captaincy had made the underdogs shine in IPL 1 .. and he is again starting to give good competition in IPL 2 BTW the most impressive thing he did was to give the crucial overs to Kamran Khan.. I am sure that must have given a lot of confidence to the rookie .. and the confidence will also help him in future IPL matches

Thats not entirely true. He is against coaching in the international level, but he also realizes the importance of good coaching at domestic levels

Thats not entirely true. He is against coaching in the international level' date=' but he also realizes the importance of good coaching at domestic levels[/quote'] I dont think Warne will leave simply for money ... the amount of work he did including brilliant captaincy and brilliant coaching and mentoring of the young boys would have worth at least 2 million if not more .. he could have demanded that his contract should be increased to more than $1.55 million but he never complained about the money ... he is not for money but he likes IPL and mentoring the young guys .. I dont think he will leave IPL if he gets a coaching job and some money