Atul Sharma Bowling (Video)

Gambit

fast bowler or not, i must give credit to ian pont for the workout regime. he is targeting the strengthening of the muscles needed for the explosive activity that is bowling. no meaningless emphasis on high reps, no mundane exercises that every run of the mill cricketer would do etc etc. heck the truck tire exercise is something we did in high school while training for football with a slight variation: we would leap into the middle of the tire, then leap out ahead, run back to the initial position and flip the tire forward.. and repeat. trust me, you do that exercise 5 times, and you suddenly are reconsidering all the decisions you made in your life.

even i was 1 of those who believed atul 170 kph existed :D he did bowl at 173 kph in the warm-up match but :mad:ly he got injured. hope he gets fit in time to play 1-2 ipl matches and :finger: @ atul sharma haters. atul sharma is going to win us the 2011 wc. u heard it here 1st :D

fast bowler or not' date=' i must give credit to ian pont for the workout regime. he is targeting the strengthening of the muscles needed for the explosive activity that is bowling. no meaningless emphasis on high reps, no mundane exercises that every run of the mill cricketer would do etc etc. heck the truck tire exercise is something we did in high school while training for football with a slight variation: we would leap into the middle of the tire, then leap out ahead, run back to the initial position and flip the tire forward.. and repeat. trust me, you do that exercise 5 times, and you suddenly are reconsidering all the decisions you made in your life.[/quote'] Definitely. Stuff like the lift of the bag really emphasises power exchange through the hips. The regime certainly is cricket specific.

hmm..now there is some reason to watch IPL if he plays we should not get blinded by all this hype though...remember that other countries have produced plenty of out and out fast bowlers before but few have been successful...it takes much more than speed just because this is our first potential find, we should not get carried away...eventually it's about taking wickets and I dont believe in "fast bowler can be made, not only born" hogwash. you have to have that natural zing in you...otherwise no aamount of hard work will make you better at outfoxing/destroying a batsman well only time will tell whether hes the one we've been waiting for or not

hmm..now there is some reason to watch IPL if he plays we should not get blinded by all this hype though...remember that other countries have produced plenty of out and out fast bowlers before but few have been successful...it takes much more than speed
What are the percentages like for genuine fast bowlers that failed in the international level?

What are the percentages like for genuine fast bowlers that failed in the international level?
If we look recently. There has been... - Brett Lee (success) - Shoaib Akthar (success but injury) - Dale Steyn (success) - Shane Bond (success but injury) - Mohammad Zahid (injury) - Allan Donald (success) - Nantie Hayward (failure) - Mohammad Sami (failure) But that is just off the top of my head.

i know you're trying to be cheeky but I obviously dont have percentages... some of the failures have been fidel edwards, tino best, powell, zahid, sami, harmison, flintoff(failure at test level), sajid mahmood, lee (tests), malinga(tests), fernando and many more australian bowlers that produce >145kph bowlers aplenty compare this to successful ones like steyn, bond recently, and waqar, shoaib, donald in recent past...that's it..im out of names it's also difficult because fast bowlers have short careers...someone might consider bond to be successful but then how many games has he played? fast bowlers also cut down their speed wayyy more and soon become medium fast. in my memory, ive only seen lee, donald and shoaib MAINTAIN their uber-fastness. that gets the success count to 2 since lee is not a great bowler at all. hope you got your answer now....

WOW a great video..thanks Ian Pont and ICF for letting us know about Atul Sharma..hope he recovers soon from his injury and plays this IPL itself
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger: