NGO protests Shahrukh smoking in the stadium

SachDan

Ravi, in a general concept; all those things are absolutely correct and on the the other hand you have NGO's who need reasoning to raise a point which they personally don't give a damn about All they care about is, if SRK ( a celebrity can do it ) then its a bad example and its kind of puts a row on status that if a ordinary citizen did it then it would he/she would have been told otherwise Likewise, its high time people kick of this habit anyways I apologized to a person on the phone who I addressed as Mr. only to realize she was a 65 year old smoker

Haven't you heard of drunken mobsters, gangsters and the anti social elements. Majority of the crime is committed under the influence of alchohal and drugs. Drinking in moderation my foot. You need to look at the number of drunken drivers that kill innocent people on a daily basis. I haven't heard of a driver that has smoked few extra ciggarates and has lost his head while driving. Have you heard about a smoker getting a bit too high and going on a rampage? If it were banned in the stadium and Shah Rukh Khan smoked then freakin inform the law makers. The law makers will engage the authorities and will deal with this as per law. What's there a need to go to the press? In fact from what I know the stadium has not banned smoking so I don't understand what the noise is about. P.S : It's quite stupid of SRK to smoke with young kids around but that's something we can't help can we?
Just because smoking kills slowler than drunk people or driving doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I don't have numbers, but I'm pretty sure too many people die from lung cancer and other smoking related diseases. All the problems you mentioned with drunk people are more easily manageable than 2nd hand smoking. BTW, drinking wine in moderation is good for health, so that includes your foot too I guess.

Just because smoking kills slowler than drunk people or driving doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I don't have numbers, but I'm pretty sure too many people die from lung cancer and other smoking related diseases. All the problems you mentioned with drunk people are more easily manageable than 2nd hand smoking. BTW, drinking wine in moderation is good for health, so that includes your foot too I guess.
You deem it managable but not the alchoholics. Drinking in moderation... even dope in moderation is good some say why not try a couple every day? You are just making excuses for drinking. Drinking with kids around is fine but not smoking, brilliant. I don't have the numbers too but as I mentioned alchohal and drugs contributes to a lot of crimes every day but it's still fine selling alchohol right? Heck there is not even a limit on how much alchohal can one purchase. Simply put as long as something is available in the market you can't regulate so too smoking. If it is that bad why not ban it from selling? I think the stadiums shouldn't sell alchohal as well, there are so many idiots that drink too much and abuse players/public. I can't say that about smokers. P.S : I'm not a smoker.

If you think drinking a glass of wine and smoking a cigerrette every single day in front of your kids is the same thing, then I must admit, there is nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise. Yes, there is a legitimate use of dope/marijuana medically, wine has been proven good for health in moderation, last time I checked only the paid doctors in the 50s recommended cigerretes as good for health. Excess of everything is bad, so alcohol falls under that as well and excess smoking is even worse than that. PS. I'm neither a smoker, nor a drinker

Stupid NGOS Shahrukh smoking is actually discouraging smoking in general.>Mother can tell their kids see beta if you smoke you mgiht turnt into gay Zombie like Sharukh.. Stop complaining start hailing him
That may backfire. Besides most mothers of small children these days grew up loving SRK.