Lalit Modi's blog

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.
The DLF Indian Premier League Season 2009 in South Africa is now well and truly under way. The game at the Newlands the other night between the Kolkata Knight Riders and the Rajasthan Royals was quite the treat we and millions of fans had been waiting for, not only back home but also here in South Africa as well. The Super Over seems to be the conversation piece. I speak mostly from my interactions here but I am certain the same is the case back home too. Yusuf Pathan and his heroics with the bat have helped him become a household name here. But it is little known Kamran Khan all of 18 years old, that to my mind is the story of this season (at least so far). Kamran is a case in point, one that I have made right from the beginning – of why and how IPL can nuture cricketing talent from across the country. His humble beginnings and determination are just highlights of what will hopefully be a great new chapter in the game, though it is early days yet. I have been reading through some of the blogs and a lot many of you have written in asking about the Super Over and why we did not go with the Bowl Out option to decide the winner of the tied match. At the risk of being repetitive – once again the answer to this question lies in being innovative! Just to reiterate we added the MCC Spirit of Cricket Charter, the Purple Cap for the Best Bowler and Orange Cap for the Best Batsman. Thus, everything we try to do with the DLF IPL is based around innovations to improve the quality of the cricket being played on-field to keep you the fans enthralled! To my mind, the Super Over was just that, thrilling, superb entertainment! While a lot of you have written in asking what the regulations were that govern the Super Over – I thought I would take this opportunity to explain the same to you and give you our insight into why we chose the Super Over†innovation over the Bowl Out option. Simply put, the Governing Council of the DLF Indian Premier League thought that this innovation would be a better method of gauging a winner based on all the three skill sets important to a game of cricket those being batting, bowling and fielding. Rather than leave it to a simple bowl out wherein only the accuracy of the bowlers is tested! As per the regulations of the Super Over prior to its commencement, each team would need to nominate three batsmen and one bowler each. Each team’s over is then played with the same fielding restrictions as those that are in place for the last over of the match. The team batting second in the match will bat first in the Super Over. As was the case with Brendon McCullum and Chris Gayle batting for the Kolkata Knight Riders. With the teams playing an over each – the one scoring the maximum runs in the Super Over will be declared the winner a la Yusuf Pathan and his heroics with the bat for the Rajasthan Royals. In the event that both the team’s have the same score after the Super Over has been completed, the team that hit the most sixes combined from its innings in the main match and in the Super Over shall be the winner. We have gone so far as to even plan in case the number of sixes hit by both teams is equal what then? Well, the team that hit the most number of boundaries (fours and sixes) from its innings in the main match and in the Super Over will then be declared the Winner. It’s funny what simple innovations like the Super Over do to a game like the Twenty20 – which is already a fast paced and adrenalin packed. They simply add to the entertainment value and take the game to another level! That is what I mean – each year, we will learn from the previous season, and do better. So please keep sending us your feedback and work with us to make this the premier event in the sporting calendar. Again, I thank you for all the feedback and keep that coming in always!
Comment by A Kumar 5 hours ago Would you be innovative enough to bring WOMEN from YOUR HOUSEHOLD and WOMEN IN THE HOUSEHOLD OF SHAHRUKH, Preity, Mallaya and those who are involved in the *****'s NANGA NAACH in the name of CHEERLEADERS. It could be Mr. Modi's mother, wife or daughter...Shahrukh's sister or khalajaan, Preity Zinta's neice, Shilpa's mother in law...It doesn't matter whether they are fat or UGLY, moti aur patli...All they have to do is wear thongs, panties and bra and show their private hairs whenever someone hits a boundry. That will keep the adernal going. You bastards don't care about descency to this game and only interested in making CHEAP money rather EARNING money...you are PIMPS...AND I AM SURE YOUR FAMILY KNOW IT.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

that was too much .. either he is too conservative or he is a part of organizations which falsely try to pretend as saviours of Indian culture .. such bustards should be fecked off .. IPL would never have been such a huge hit without cheerleaders .. lame comment