Tendulkar and Gilly fined $20,000 for slow over rates

h4te

Gilchrist and Tendulkar fined for slow over-rate Cricinfo staff April 26, 2009 Adam Gilchrist and Sachin Tendulkar, respective captains of Deccan Chargers and Mumbai Indians, have been fined $20,000 each for maintaining a slow over-rate during the IPL game in Durban on Saturday. Devdas Govindjee, the match referee from South Africa, found the teams short of the target after taking the allowances into consideration. Before the tournament began Lalit Modi, the IPL chairman and commissioner, had announced unprecedented fines for teams who don't complete their overs within the stipulated time limit. Per the new ruling the captain will be fined $20,000 for a first offence, the entire team will be penalised $220,000 for the second, and the third offence will result in a team fine of $360,000 and a one-match ban for the captain. Delhi Daredevils were also penalised for a similar slow over-rate in their match against Chennai Super Kings on April 23 in Durban. Last season Mumbai and the Delhi were fined US$1000 and $500 respectively for a similar offence. © Cricinfo
:omg::omg::omg:

i think its fair enuff to charge match fees only then we can have players charged up not wasting much time otherwise we see field placements taking eternity to change for a lefty batsman and then back to the righty batsman this will play in the back of every captains mind whether to waste time or go quickly

20' date='000??? That may be a problem for Tendulkar. He may not have change.[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: In the match thread I was expressing my concern regarding this..fine isn't a problem but Tendulkar facing probable ban at some point in the tournament is a cause of worry for MI ! btw now we know why Ganguly isn't captaining KKR :giggle: