Will you pick Sachin for World T20 cup?

Guest gaurav_indian

I can't understand the reason behind these kind of speculative threads - Tendulkar has clearly said he does not want to play international T20.
He should review his decision for the sake of the country and to defend the cup.

I can't understand the reason behind these kind of speculative threads - Tendulkar has clearly said he does not want to play international T20.
Its not speculative. Its not speculating whether he will be in the team or not. Its a debate on whether he should be in the team or not. Irrespective what Tendulkar has already said, BCCI and Dhoni can still request him. If I was dhoni, I would walk upto him and request him to reconsider. I would also ask BCCI to have a talk with him.

^ I think Tendulkar has more than earned the right to take decisions on his own rather than being coaxed into things half heartedly by the captain or the board. If he wants to play, he'll make himself available for selection and if he does not I don't think anyone should be putting any sort of pressure on him.

:haha::haha: They were finalists last time around' date=' saar, and there team will probably be stronger this time around.[/quote'] Who, Afretard and gang, meh, mere minnows, even Kenya made it one to the semis dude :cantstop:

^ I think Tendulkar has more than earned the right to take decisions on his own rather than being coaxed into things half heartedly by the captain or the board. If he wants to play' date=' he'll make himself available for selection and if he does not I don't think anyone should be putting any sort of pressure on him.[/quote'] x2

^ I think Tendulkar has more than earned the right to take decisions on his own rather than being coaxed into things half heartedly by the captain or the board. If he wants to play' date=' he'll make himself available for selection and if he does not I don't think anyone should be putting any sort of pressure on him.[/quote'] Well said :hatsoff: As much as I want to see Sachin take the field whenever Team India plays, don't wana see too much of workload on his shoulders. He's said it time and again that his ultimate aim is to win THE world cup and let's hope, he's successful in doing that!

No ... As much as we want to win the world T20 cup, picking Sachin would be taking a step back. Plus it puts more strain on Sachins body, which he needs to be careful with if he wants to make it to the 2011 world cup. I think it will be next to impossible for a 36 year old with a history of injuries to play Test, ODIs and T20s. He has made the smart move by opting out of T20s ... Lets keep it that way. Sehwag and Gambhir can open and theyll do a fine job im sure.

according to their form in ipl, i will pick both sachin and dravid for the world cup, and will drop utthappa, yuvraj, from the last t20 world cup squad.
Yuvraj I think needs to be led. He is not a natural captain. He would flourish without that burden. Plus a captain like Dhoni would bring the best out of him. I am sure the likes of Sehwag and Yuvi will again be good under Dhoni.

If SRT was open to the T20 World Cup (as I assume he would be)' date=' I'd definitely pick him and I would also pick RD and SG (especially SG since he has been in quite decent form as a bowler).[/quote'] Ya, and I would pick Kumble and Srinath too. And bring back Mongia as keeper since Dhoni is quite poor these days..