Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar

King

Re: Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar

And btw, SRT took 3-4 years before the world recognized the player in him.
Not true. In his very first season he had scored half centuries against Pak, a near century against NZ, and a century against Eng all abroad. He then followed it up with a stupendous performance in Aus. Though I agree he should go and play county cricket instead of waste his time touring BD.
But SRT wasnt a designated greatness material until that Sydney 100 vs Aussies in 92. Thats when Benaud, Lawry, Chappell & go, went gaga over him. Its after the Aussies called him a potential great, the world followed. My point is that we wont see a Sachin II, written on somebody's shirt. We need find one or if not atleast a decent replacement.

And btw, SRT took 3-4 years before the world recognized the player in him.
Not true. In his very first season he had scored half centuries against Pak, a near century against NZ, and a century against Eng all abroad. He then followed it up with a stupendous performance in Aus. Though I agree he should go and play county cricket instead of waste his time touring BD.
no yaar, he will show master classes to bangladesh. Just take a seat and watch him play. Peeps in Banglacricket forums, will come here and cry sachin is a minnow basher :hail::hail::hail:
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar Chappal ne galat player ko chher diya hai.. use pata nahin tendulkar kis prani ka nama hai.. he will be barbecued now.. he is not ganguly pal where u got awaya with murder..

My point is that we wont see a Sachin II' date=' written on somebody's shirt. We need find one or if not atleast a decent replacement.[/quote'] The Only player to score centuries in his Ranji, Irani, Duleep debuts. Thrown into the lion's den at 16. ...the next Sachin will be a long time coming. :hail:

Re: Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar I can tell ya this, I won't be surprised if there is one from NZ similar to Sachin Tendulkar in about 8 years time. I really don't want to publicize the lad but his batting is way too good for a 6 year old. This lad can hit all the shots in the book and plays against the bowling machine at ease. So far I've seen anyone that has a look at this lad seems to be surprised how a 6 year old can bat like this. I'm not kidding but this lad can bat like a 17 year old already. I was shocked to see him go on to the back foot without a fuss against the bowling machine and play late between point and gully. His defence reminds me in fact of young Tendulkar. One assured movement, either back or front. If you hear of a great batsman coming from this part of the world remember I broke this news first. More than anything, guess who's been coaching him since he was 3 year old? Yup you guessed it, it's yours truly. I will see if his parents are willing to let me post the video of the lad. You guys will be shocked to see the way this lad bats. One more thing, he is a Kiwi born Indian and is a leftie. From what I know he used to cover drive perfectly when he was a 3 year old. I'm not meaning just throwing the bat but this lad could move the feet, play late and time the ball when he was a 3 year old.

Well done R eager to see the kid bat :wtg:
I know his parents shy away from giving him any such attention but he is a gem. I don't want him to get carried away so I don't quite say much to him about his ability but each time I see him bat I just shake my head in disbelief. I will tape him during one of the bowling machine sessions and post here surely.
wow excellent R....Any chance of getting him to play for India
:hic:

I can tell ya this, I won't be surprised if there is one from NZ similar to Sachin Tendulkar in about 8 years time. I really don't want to publicize the lad but his batting is way too good for a 6 year old. This lad can hit all the shots in the book and plays against the bowling machine at ease. So far I've seen anyone that has a look at this lad seems to be surprised how a 6 year old can bat like this. I'm not kidding but this lad can bat like a 17 year old already. I was shocked to see him go on to the back foot without a fuss against the bowling machine and play late between point and gully. His defence reminds me in fact of young Tendulkar. One assured movement, either back or front. If you hear of a great batsman coming from this part of the world remember I broke this news first. More than anything, guess who's been coaching him since he was 3 year old? Yup you guessed it, it's yours truly. I will see if his parents are willing to let me post the video of the lad. You guys will be shocked to see the way this lad bats. One more thing, he is a Kiwi born Indian and is a leftie. From what I know he used to cover drive perfectly when he was a 3 year old. I'm not meaning just throwing the bat but this lad could move the feet, play late and time the ball when he was a 3 year old.
R, put him in a box & send him over to India. We'll teach him politics & make him a coach :hic: Curious is he a caucasian kid ?

R' date=' put him in a box & send him over to India. We'll teach him politics & make him a coach :hic: Curious is he a caucasian kid ?[/quote'] Nope he's an Indian, Bumps.

sachin 2 will come along only if the srt mafia allows him to....
be careful, we have one on this board as well. :lmao:
Dont be afraid to name them Yods ... :hic:
let's see. there is a balwan, a jedi in the process of being taken over by the dark side, a mania from mars i believe, a guy whose name rhymes with a scooter, a godfather - tough group that. :chin:
Keep talking about mafia and SRT and have you will soon a leg broken :hic:

Re: Former cricketers rally around Tendulkar I think Tendulkar should play both forms of the game till early 2008, when we finish touring Australia and playing the VB series. After that, Tendulkar should take a couple of years break from ODIs and concentrate just on Tests. The guy may be 34 but the roadwear on him is intense- been around in international cricket longer than anybody else ! He needs to prove again that he is the best batsman in Tests and he can always retire from Tests by 2010 and come back in the ODIs a year/18 months before the world cup for one last fling if he still has the enthu to play at the top level. But if Tendulkar plays both forms of the game, he wont be around for more than 2 years max i think.