Kamran Khan sent to 2-weeks rehabilitation by IPL Technical Committee

ViruRulez

The Technical Committee of the Indian Premier League recommended a two-week rehabilitation for Rajasthan Royals pacer Kamran Khan who has been reported for a suspect bowling action. The IPL Technical Committee met yesterday to review the left-arm pacer's action after which they decided to recommend a two-week rehabilitation for the exciting youngster. "Based on an examination of the match footage obtained, the Technical Committee have recommended a two-week rehabilitation for Kamran Khan," the IPL authorities said in a statement. The Technical Committee meeting was attended by former India captains Sunil Gavaskar and Ravi Shastri besides IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi who were joined via a conference call by Anurag Thakur and MAK Pataudi from India. Kamran was reported by on-field umpires Rudi Koertzen and Gary Baxter after the Royals' match against Chennai Super Kings at the Centurion in Pretoria on Thursday. After the match was over, footage was obtained and examined by all the three umpires including TV umpire Amish Saheba and it was decided that further action was necessary under the Laws of Cricket section 24/3 that governs the game. The matter was then referred by the Indian Premier League to the team management of the Rajasthan Royals and the IPL's Technical Committee.

I also saw the interview on TV and Modi said that only some of Kamran's bowling are under suspect ... he said they checked the Super Over against KKR and it was fine Anyways it is good step by IPL and BCCI and it will help the emerging guy to rectify his action so that he does not face any problem in the future ... maybe the RR management will contact Ian Pont as he has helped many bowlers to rectify their action :hmmm:

I also saw the interview on TV and Modi said that only some of Kamran's bowling are under suspect ... he said they checked the Super Over against KKR and it was fine Anyways it is good step by IPL and BCCI and it will help the emerging guy to rectify his action so that he does not face any problem in the future ... maybe the RR management will contact Ian Pont as he has helped many bowlers to rectify their action :hmmm:
just as i said in another thread-i think his faster effort balls are suspect.

Good that BBCI is taking note of such things at domestic level and is making efforts to help rising players sort things out. I know of teams who would just ignore and let them go into the international matches and then frown when they get reported.

I'm a bit surprised to see that it has simply gone to video analysis and thought he should have been sent for biomechanical analysis, but that might only be available at the University of Western Australia, where all the infamous tests have taken place. There cannot be conclusive proof by simply watching a video, although the rules are made at 15 degrees because that is the angle at which it is visible to the human eye, so perhaps it is sufficient, for now. I hope that the chucking problem is a mere problem with falling away in the action rather than it being integral to his pace and bowling action as I think he is a prospect for the future. Perhaps some strengthening to his side and core muscles are necessary to prevent this falling away though, as it does cause the problems, imo.

I am sure he will be back. He does fall away a lot, so this might actually be a blessing as he can sort out this body position and action...might be able to get even more pace. He does need to get physically better for the demands of modern day cricket.

KK will need to build a more powerful shoulder if he has to succeed .. it is advisable to take nutritious food from now onwards .. he surely has some potential .. he used to bowl at a rapid pace even with empty stomachs and I am sure if he works on his fitness and nutrition he will come out even speedier

Guest gaurav_indian

He is finished now.Bye bye Kamran.Now when he will come back he will be a line and length bowler with accuracy just like Munaf Patel and many other indian fast bowlers were made.And he will bowl at 125-130 kph.

He is finished now.Bye bye Kamran.Now when he will come back he will be a line and length bowler with accuracy just like Munaf Patel and many other indian fast bowlers were made.And he will bowl at 125-130 kph.
he is only 18. and he does not chuck everytime. its only for a few balls. i hope he is included in india u-19 team for sometime

Guest gaurav_indian
he is only 18. and he does not chuck everytime. its only for a few balls. i hope he is included in india u-19 team for sometime
And i hope you know how fast bowlers are coached in india.They will make him a 125-130 kind of bowler.I dont know why malinga wasnt reported for a suspect action.:omg:

And i hope you know how fast bowlers are coached in india.They will make him a 125-130 kind of bowler.I dont know why malinga wasnt reported for a suspect action.:omg:
He has already been reported and he came out cleanly

Guest gaurav_indian
He has already been reported and he came out cleanly
Toh kamran ne kya galti kar di.:--D

Guest gaurav_indian
Kamran is a newbie while Malinga has been in the international scene for long
Ek bowler aaya tha 140's mein consistnetly bowl karne wala woh bhi suspect action ke liye report kar diya.:mad: It means he wont play the rest of the IPL.:((

Guest gaurav_indian
lets wait for atul sharma & his 170 kph deliveries now
Yaar real world ki baatein karo yahan.:hysterical: