IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

Interesting idea...i'll have a think. My initial thoughts are most games will be won by between 3 and 7 wickets i.e. a 40 point range' date=' whereas most games will be won with between 3 and 18 balls remaining (just my read of things) - a far narrower range thus less exciting, however, the equivalence with a runs victory looks pretty good so i'll definitely look into that one.[/quote'] I think currently it's pretty risky to bet at win margin right now because a win while chasing can present a completely different spectrum of numbers (the average win as you said would be closing to 40-50 runs)...whereas an average win while defending would be close to 20-30 runs. So, basically the toss will play a decisive factor...If I am supporting a Chennai win tomorrow then they better bat 2nd so that they and not BLR will have the chance to win by wickets. If BLR bats 2nd, and there's an upset I will be screwed big time.

Thanks for the catch...I want to sell@214.
Added. If you were inclined to give your yourself some 'protection' you might want to pick those key games that might threaten this bet and buy Total Sixes. Or you could just leave the bet naked.

I think currently it's pretty risky to bet at win margin right now because a win while chasing can present a completely different spectrum of numbers (the average win as you said would be closing to 40-50 runs)...whereas an average win while defending would be close to 20-30 runs. So' date=' basically the toss will play a decisive factor...If I am supporting a Chennai win tomorrow then they better bat 2nd so that they and not BLR will have the chance to win by wickets. If BLR bats 2nd, and there's an upset I will be screwed big time.[/quote'] What you say is spot on. However, some might enjoy the the toss dimension of the bet and the dual nature of the bet. The market I make does reflect the risk you mention. Take an extreme example DD v. KKR. If i knew DD were batting first i'd make a 18-23 point market. If i knew DD were batting second i might make a 32-37 market. Hence the correct market prior to the toss is the average of these two i.e. 25-30. Yes i agree the toss will impact your p/l but the odds are pitched fairly. Ideally this particular market should be a live one constantly updated throughout the game, giving you the chance to play around with the bet. That, however, demands i spend 8 hours a day on this !

ok fixed now:orderorder:
Yes a little strange selling Punjab here given your bet history - lucky you edited your bet before the 11.30 UK cut-off time (strictly speaking cut-off occurs just prior to the toss but i'll let you off this time). all three bets added.