IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

Yes i started that market at 110-130. You have no exposure whatsoever having fully closed out your Bangalore and Deccan risk. Your p\l will drop slightly after your latest sale of Bangalore though because every trade is conservatively valued by referring to the current two-way market i.e. sales are valued using the higher number (offer) and buys are valued using the lower number (bid). However, this is only temporary, and is a reflection of the market spread (currently 1.5pts). Once the team has a final standing (e.g 50pts precisely) all is fixed and you get the money back. It's really a valuation glitch on my part.

Goose, BUY WIN MARGIN DD OVER MI -10 @ 50 K Does this mean, I am Buying a MI win by 1 wicket or 10 runs?
The market is 3-8 so you can buy at 8. Quite simply, you are betting that DD will beat MI by 8 points or more. Points Rules - 1 RUN = 1PT and 1WKT=10 PTS. Important - index can be negative. e.g DD beat MI by 5 wickets will lead to +50pts e.g DD lose by 25 runs will lead to -25pts.

I am still not clear about spread betting:((, some one pls explain I had bought Chennai at 56 and now I am selling it at 73.Say suppose they go all the way and win the IPL will I lose some $(i.e.100-73) or whatever I earned will be freezed?:nervous:

Buy RCB @63.5@70k sell Chennai@73@30K sell highest team score@212.5@100k Gosh! i'm screwed.anyway out of this?
All added apart from the Highest Team Score - that was 212.00 bid not 212.50 - want to trade there?

I am still not clear about spread betting:((, some one pls explain I had bought Chennai at 56 and now I am selling it at 73.Say suppose they go all the way and win the IPL will I lose some $(i.e.100-73) or whatever I earned will be freezed?:nervous:
Don - if you bought 15,000 shares in a company at 56 and then sold those shares at 76, what would your profit and loss be ? How would that profit change if after selling, the share price then went up to 100? What if it collapsed to 25?

Don - if you bought 15' date='000 shares in a company at 56 and then sold those shares at 76, what would your profit and loss be ? How would that profit change if after selling, the share price then went up to 100? What if it collapsed to 25?[/quote'] I forgot about the end price, I thought you will void the bets and settle the money. Thx for explaining.:two_thumbs_up: