Sooo.... Badri got moved up the order...

Sachinism

and this came from the MOD... wonder how he became a mod..when he cant put his brain in a stable condition.. and he had the galls to send me a warning for calling Dhoni as Dhobi n saying he whines likea hore.. :cantstop: lol.. ps.now morris will come n lock this thread.. :--D
If you have a problem with my posts, report them, its under my avatar/username. Then, if you have a problem with my moderation, complain to the admins. If they feel I am not doing my job or if I don't deserve it, then they'll go ahead and remove me as a mod.

Man we are going in a loop. When you send a non-opener to open and the guy fails, it is fair to criticize the captain who sends him in rather than the player who was asked to play out of position. What you said makes sense if someone *****ed at the captain for sending him in at #3 or #4 or #5 and he fails. Some of you need to understand that most people who come to these forums do have some brains. Yes we all have different POVs, but no need to assume that anyone who doesn't share your POV is stupid or a dick-head or a loser or whatever. And this is not directed at the OP.
I never assumed that you were one either (I know this was directed at me). But if you're going to criticize Dhoni for the hell of it and because you think he has something against a player who's flattered to deceive in any position he's been given, I don't think its the captain's fault. And I don't think its a failed experiment - its the inability of the player to adapt properly. When you're given 20 overs to play and make a much more meaningful contribution that you're able to at #7 (because he cannot hit without "spending time in the middle"), you don't slash the first ball when you've got an opening legend at the other end - particularly when hitting out isn't your strength. Dhoni came early (which was again criticized) a game or so ago, and he "spent time in the middle", and as soon as he got in today, he was able to play his shots. That worked because he was relatively circumspect in the beginning, and wanted to stay there, and get his eye in. But Badri chose not to. Whose fault is that?

I never assumed that you were one either (I know this was directed at me). But if you're going to criticize Dhoni for the hell of it and because you think he has something against a player who's flattered to deceive in any position he's been given, I don't think its the captain's fault. And I don't think its a failed experiment - its the inability of the player to adapt properly. When you're given 20 overs to play and make a much more meaningful contribution that you're able to at #7 (because he cannot hit without "spending time in the middle"), you don't slash the first ball when you've got an opening legend at the other end - particularly when hitting out isn't your strength. Dhoni came early (which was again criticized) a game or so ago, and he "spent time in the middle", and as soon as he got in today, he was able to play his shots. That worked because he was relatively circumspect in the beginning, and wanted to stay there, and get his eye in. But Badri chose not to. Whose fault is that?
He is not an opener. So, if he fails, for me, it can be attributed to him not "feeling comfortable" there which includes playing out of character. Dhoni, pls send the poor guy back to #4 from where he scored a 30 ball 40 just a few days back. Plus he averaged more than 30 per last season. And for the record, I personally don't care where dhoni bats as he seems to adjust fine. I am ok as long as CSK wins. And even in this thread, I didn't care about Badri opening or scoring a duck since CSK won. I only responded cause I thought it was unfair to criticize the guy who has been shuffled all over the batting line up and especially since he did very well when he was sent in the middle order

and this came from the MOD... wonder how he became a mod..when he cant put his brain in a stable condition.. and he had the galls to send me a warning for calling Dhoni as Dhobi n saying he whines likea hore.. :cantstop: lol.. ps.now morris will come n lock this thread.. :--D
Dont take that abuse from the Mod very seriously. This is just a Mod who cannot see anything M$D does as wrong, and all that worshipping sometimes leads to high BP, and he abooses those who criticize the great, great dhoni for any poor choices he makes
it was just 1 game.....Patel got 10~15 innings. Even vidyut played quiet a few at the top. So give this guy a break. Last year' date=' he averaged 32 @ 150 for chennai. That is very very good in T20.[/quote'] Dont forget how many opportunities M$D and 'team mgmt' have given to Rohit Sharma also (and not in measly IPL, but in mainstream India matches), and yes ppl like Rohit were not 'asked to open' or do such magic in the rope they had.

He is not an opener. So, if he fails, for me, it can be attributed to him not "feeling comfortable" there which includes playing out of character. Dhoni, pls send the poor guy back to #4 from where he scored a 30 ball 40 just a few days back. Plus he averaged more than 30 per last season. And for the record, I personally don't care where dhoni bats as he seems to adjust fine. I am ok as long as CSK wins. And even in this thread, I didn't care about Badri opening or scoring a duck since CSK won. I only responded cause I thought it was unfair to criticize the guy who has been shuffled all over the batting line up and especially since he did very well when he was sent in the middle order
I don't know how well you've followed cricket during the Chappell Era -and I'd mentioned this earlier too (in this thread I believe). When Sachin was "demoted" to #4, when his slower-run scoring and less # of run-making was criticized for selfishness and inability to adapt and "Endulkar". No one cared whether he was the most successful batsman of all time as an opener. You know Sachin's response? a 76-ball 100* vs the WI and several such innings. So using this analogy is wrong because Badri hasn't been given enough chances as an opener for him to get used to it - but I'm suggesting that "he's not an opener" should not be an excuse if he's a good enough player. You had a young guy about 21 years of age who was promoted from #6 to #1 and he scored a 44-ball 89 as an opener. And the legend began. Given how respected Badrinath is- perhaps Dhoni thought similarly. When you're willing to give Badri the space to develop as a player at a particular position, it is unfair to criticize Dhoni without giving him the same space. Tendulkar once remarked, "I sent Robin Singh up the order once and he failed and got a zero - I was heavily criticized. Azharuddin did the same a while later, and Robin hit a fast 50, and Azhar was praised." Such is cricket. And while you have been trying to argue fairly rationally, the guys on your side are criticizing Dhoni for the hell of it - and if they think otherwise, they're blind because what they're using is not called logic - its called bias.

I think Badri will succeed while opening. He has the technique to excel in any format. His placement is just brilliant. Some of the shots he has played have been just class. Give me time to adjust to the opening slot...I expect him to come good soon. From my point of view, it's a good move by MSD to promote badri to open. The middle order is packed and he will have more overs to bat. Just been 1 game so you guys need to take it easy.

I think Badri will succeed while opening. He has the technique to excel in any format. His placement is just brilliant. Some of the shots he has played have been just class. Give me time to adjust to the opening slot...I expect him to come good soon. From my point of view, it's a good move by MSD to promote badri to open. The middle order is packed and he will have more overs to bat. Just been 1 game so you guys need to take it easy.
Are you Badrinath? BTW, why are Badrinath fans so anxious? Where do they want Badri to end up---in IPL, Indian T20 squad, Indian ODI squad or Indian test squad? Badri fans need to answer this question so that they get a clear response from Badri doubters.

^ chandan, Obviously he made a typo - I'm surprised you asked Ramzz that question :) ---- Regarding your second question - IMO, he is most suited to be in the Test squad. He is the type of batsman to settle down and play an innings. Having said that he seems to show ability to score quickly when sent at #4 in IPL. However, Test (or maybe ODIs at #4 or 3/5) will be a better match for him than the slam-bam-20-a-side

Why are people arguing he is not an opener, this is T20 cricket, pretty much all positions are the sames, you have to be able to move around. IMO Badri has been given an awesome opportunity, he has been given 20 overs to bat with Hayden at the other end, he could have spent about 5-6 overs getting in, because Hayden would have been hitting anyway and Hayden got out Raina would have come in to hit. Badri wasted a very good opportunity to show his talent I agree Dhoni makes a lot of strange moves, but a lot of the times the strange moves seem to work for the team and well maybe sometimes they don't but more often than not they do work. So you can't criticise him for making them moves

Dhoni should not be blamed for sending Badri up the order. He just didnt grab the opportunity. He shud hav played well, considering the amount of time he had. Having said that, Parthiv Patel was given an extended run(considering his total runs hasnt crossed 50(combining all 5 matches),if I am right). Badri has played a match winning knock against Delhi. Lets see if he is treated likewise.

I do think that Badri wasted a golden opportunity with that rash shot.But this can be happed to any player. Asking Badri to open innings is a stupid move by Dhoni. You don't need to be a great expert to realize that. If you see the badri's innings in the past, he defends some balls, rotate strike and then accelerate the scoring rate. Asking him to rotate strike and/or take advantage of powerplay (6 over fielding restriction) is certainly not going to help CSK. In IPL Season 1, Badri scored at an avg. of 32 with S/R of 147.xx, 2 half centuries in 11 innings @ #7 position. If you take some India A innings into account to judge him, you've to consider his domestic stats too. While giving other players like rohit sharma an extended run, Badri deserves one. கூரை ஏறி கோழி பிடிக்காதவங்க எல்லாம் வானம் ஏறி வைகுண்டம் போகும் போது பத்ரி போகமாட்டானா ? If CSK can afford parthiv as opener for 5 games and afford oram (who did nothing with ball and bat), I expect atleast 2 more chances to Badri @ the same opening position. If M$D is not against Badri and he only shuffles the batting order because middle order is already full and can't accommodate badri and his playing style (who can bat through anywhere between 5-15 overs, not exact position), i expect more chances.

oh man' date=' you people have a deep-set hatred for MSD[/quote'] People who criticize M$D sees the reality, on the other hand who worship him live in perception that is winners can't do anything wrong. If you have 200 ships then you are the great Napoleon Bonaparte, if you only have 20 odd ships then you are a pirate. This is how the world look at guys.
You can't be a one-dimensional player who can only bat in one position. How can he expect to play for India (in Tests)
In Test matches, you don't need to accelerate scoring rate in almost any situation. If you see Badri's 2 half centuries in last season, it comes when the team is in worst situation. He suits to Test squad better than any other (new) players who is not already in squad.
i do believe that Dhoni does have confidence in Badris abilities more than Vijays
If so, more chances please. If he fails, because we can't accommodate in middle order, just drop him from playing XI.
Why are people arguing he is not an opener' date=' this is T20 cricket, pretty much all positions are the sames, you have to be able to move around.[/quote'] So why don't M$D go and ask shewag to play defensively in 2nd Test of NZ tour? If he did and shewag can't do that then shewag is a failure in Test matches. :--D

I do think that Badri wasted a golden opportunity with that rash shot.But this can be happed to any player. Asking Badri to open innings is a stupid move by Dhoni. You don't need to be a great expert to realize that. If you see the badri's innings in the past, he defends some balls, rotate strike and then accelerate the scoring rate. Asking him to rotate strike and/or take advantage of powerplay (6 over fielding restriction) is certainly not going to help CSK. In IPL Season 1, Badri scored at an avg. of 32 with S/R of 147.xx, 2 half centuries in 11 innings @ #7 position. If you take some India A innings into account to judge him, you've to consider his domestic stats too. While giving other players like rohit sharma an extended run, Badri deserves one. கூரை ஏறி கோழி பிடிக்காதவங்க எல்லாம் வானம் ஏறி வைகுண்டம் போகும் போது பத்ரி போகமாட்டானா ? If CSK can afford parthiv as opener for 5 games and afford oram (who did nothing with ball and bat), I expect atleast 2 more chances to Badri @ the same opening position. If M is not against Badri and he only shuffles the batting order because middle order is already full and can't accommodate badri and his playing style (who can bat through anywhere between 5-15 overs, not exact position), i expect more chances. People who criticize M sees the reality, on the other hand who worship him live in perception that is winners can't do anything wrong. If you have 200 ships then you are the great Napoleon Bonaparte, if you only have 20 odd ships then you are a pirate. This is how the world look at guys. In Test matches, you don't need to accelerate scoring rate in almost any situation. If you see Badri's 2 half centuries in last season, it comes when the team is in worst situation. He suits to Test squad better than any other (new) players who is not already in squad. If so, more chances please. If he fails, because we can't accommodate in middle order, just drop him from playing XI. So why don't M go and ask shewag to play defensively in 2nd Test of NZ tour? If he did and shewag can't do that then shewag is a failure in Test matches. :--D
end arguement.

I do think that Badri wasted a golden opportunity with that rash shot.But this can be happed to any player. Asking Badri to open innings is a stupid move by Dhoni. You don't need to be a great expert to realize that. If you see the badri's innings in the past, he defends some balls, rotate strike and then accelerate the scoring rate. Asking him to rotate strike and/or take advantage of powerplay (6 over fielding restriction) is certainly not going to help CSK. In IPL Season 1, Badri scored at an avg. of 32 with S/R of 147.xx, 2 half centuries in 11 innings @ #7 position. If you take some India A innings into account to judge him, you've to consider his domestic stats too. While giving other players like rohit sharma an extended run, Badri deserves one. கூரை ஏறி கோழி பிடிக்காதவங்க எல்லாம் வானம் ஏறி வைகுண்டம் போகும் போது பத்ரி போகமாட்டானா ? If CSK can afford parthiv as opener for 5 games and afford oram (who did nothing with ball and bat), I expect atleast 2 more chances to Badri @ the same opening position. If M is not against Badri and he only shuffles the batting order because middle order is already full and can't accommodate badri and his playing style (who can bat through anywhere between 5-15 overs, not exact position), i expect more chances. People who criticize M sees the reality, on the other hand who worship him live in perception that is winners can't do anything wrong. If you have 200 ships then you are the great Napoleon Bonaparte, if you only have 20 odd ships then you are a pirate. This is how the world look at guys. In Test matches, you don't need to accelerate scoring rate in almost any situation. If you see Badri's 2 half centuries in last season, it comes when the team is in worst situation. He suits to Test squad better than any other (new) players who is not already in squad. If so, more chances please. If he fails, because we can't accommodate in middle order, just drop him from playing XI. So why don't M go and ask shewag to play defensively in 2nd Test of NZ tour? If he did and shewag can't do that then shewag is a failure in Test matches. :--D
mate after typing so much..u ended ur post with the most lamest statement ever..i guess as Zubi keeps mentioning some perspective is needed before posting indeed

I can't believe you guys didn't even understand what he said with this:

So why don't M go and ask shewag to play defensively in 2nd Test of NZ tour? If he did and shewag can't do that then shewag is a failure in Test matches.
Let me try, may be I am wrong, but this is what I think the poster meant: If MSD asks Sehwag to do something he is not accustomed to and he fails, you need to declare Sehwag a failure the same way some of you are declaring Badri a failure after being asked to bat out of position. Ok, I am out of this thread as well as I see nothing but blind hate towards a player who has clearly been shafted by being denied any kind of international opportunity. End of Badri issue for me. Go CSK! :--D

I can't believe you guys didn't even understand what he said with this: Let me try, may be I am wrong, but this is what I think the poster meant: If MSD asks Sehwag to do something he is not accustomed to and he fails, you need to declare Sehwag a failure the same way some of you are declaring Badri a failure after being asked to bat out of position. Ok, I am out of this thread as well as I see nothing but blind hate towards a player who has clearly been shafted by being denied any kind of international opportunity. End of Badri issue for me. Go CSK! :--D
Absolutely correct, yoda. 340x.jpg :isalute:

Absolutely correct, yoda. :isalute:
:hysterical::hysterical: ...when are you going for an indefinite fast to protest of this brutality and shafting that you talk about. Lets all maintain 3 secs of silence for this horrendous act by selectors and Dhoni, head of anti-Badri camp.