Deccan Chargers a team hijacked by the aussies

Rohan495

(and i as a delhi fan hope laxman doesnt play today:winky:)
Bangalore have won 5 out of 6 matches in which Balachandra Akhil has played in' date=' if he would have played in all the games we would have been at the top of the table. Daym.[/quote'] :cantstop: DR Smith should play instead of Harris.Maybe they can open the bowling with Venu, he has done that in the last IPL, so shouldn't be a problem for him. Especially if DD open with two lefties, it wud be perfect for Gilly to opt for Venu or for that matter even Rohit. Anyway Smith is a must, he gives them that X-factor.

There has to be some pretty deep cricketing logic here.
Thats some convoluted logic right there. #2' date=' #3 are pretty close together. He can play well - he hasn't found form in this tournament. He's a nice enough guy to let them go on. Let it go. There are plenty of very very special memories from his bat, and its not going to change whether he scores 30 or 40 runs quickly in a domestic tournament in this format. [/quote'] Actually he's not far from the truth...Tendulkar for example averages 10 at #3 and over 48 while opening the innings. It might not seem a big difference...the two and three spot, but it is. There's just a whole different feel to opening the innings...facing the opening bowlers. Something psychologically as well if you've done well at a particular spot you might feel more comfortable there. Having batted at the two spot and three spot, i always prefer the two spot (superstitiously i never like the one spot) because i've done well there and i'm comfortable.

Actually he's not far from the truth...Tendulkar for example averages 10 at #3 and over 48 while opening the innings. It might not seem a big difference...the two and three spot, but it is. There's just a whole different feel to opening the innings...facing the opening bowlers. Something psychologically as well if you've done well at a particular spot you might feel more comfortable there. Having batted at the two spot and three spot, i always prefer the two spot (superstitiously i never like the one spot) because i've done well there and i'm comfortable.
Agreed. But Tendulkar's record at #4 isn't too bad either (the only other spot where he's batted for a significant amount of time). Anyway, as big a fan of Laxman I am, it would be hard to see him replacing, say, Gibbs at the opening spot (assuming no one in their right minds drop Gilchrist from the opening slots).

Suman/ palikie or whatever guy would have never played in other franchises. They are giving chances to youngsters like Harmeet and these guys. Gilly has perfectly balanced it. Giving chances to youngsters and also maintaining a winning combination.