Why Delhi shouldn't have won IPL

amits

now that delhi have been knocked out unfairly, these were some reasons y delhi shouldnt have won ipl - 1. not played mcgrath at all - whats the use of including mcgrath when u dont play him in a single match. he can still be better than nannes. even last year when everyone was being thrashed around, mcgrath went for <6.5 rpo 2. exchanged dhawan for agent nehra - dhawan was doing so well in last years ipl, avged 69 in ranji trophy this season & was sensational for india a, but still dhawan was exchanged for ashish nehra when ideally ma-no-hope tiwary should have been the one to be exchanged if we wanted nehra. maybe to have an indian bowler, we could have found a youngster like bhuvneshwar kumar & signed him up 3. made sehwag captain - sehwag is the worst captain ever. he is a worse captain than even harbhajan. after cing sehwags pathetic captaincy in the 2nd test v nz, i cant understand y sehwag was still made captain & not gambhir. under gambhir, we were winning everything, but when sehwag came, he spoilt the winning combination by becoming captain himself 4. not made gambhir captain - when gambhir captains, the team wins & even gambhir is in sensational form himself as well. gambhir has led delhi just once in ranji trophy in 2007/08 season & delhi won with gambhirs own form being good as well. also gambhir has captained india a well in the past when given the chance, so he should have been the delhi daredevils captain instead of sehwag

Tentatively agree with point 1, don't know how much impact Glenn would have made even if he had won. Fully agree with point 2, Dhawan was one of the stars of the tournament last year and to trade for a not so brilliant bowler is stupid. Points 3&4 are crap.

i don't think delhi should be allowed to play in IPL3. i mean, anyone who leaves out McGrath and plays Sehwag as a captain shouldn't be playing in a major league. It's time they get banned for a year and learn their lesson. Their participation even in Ranji's should be in question.

All 4 points are just a big joke when they were winning, everything good now lost with the same team, suddenly all become rubbish
i was always saying that sehwag shouldnt have captained & gambhir should have captained

we had mcgrath, nannes, mishra & vettori. and sangwan is a better bowler than nehra for next year, i hope dhawan is brought back & some decent icl indian players get signed up. also sehwag should be kept as far away from captaincy as possible the xi should then look like sehwag gambhir© dhawan dilshan devilliers manhas/rajat bhatia dinesh kartik(w) mishra nannes/vettori sangwan mcgrath the bowling looks strong enough

How about a swap between Dhawan and Sehwag ? :--D
thats like being offered the ipl trophy for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i have no problems. u can take away sehwag & give us dhawan

we had mcgrath, nannes, mishra & vettori. and sangwan is a better bowler than nehra for next year, i hope dhawan is brought back & some decent icl indian players get signed up. also sehwag should be kept as far away from captaincy as possible the xi should then look like sehwag gambhir© dhawan dilshan devilliers manhas/rajat bhatia dinesh kartik(w) mishra nannes/vettori sangwan mcgrath the bowling looks strong enough
Haha how much pain for a 40 year old mcgrath to field and run for 4 overs and getting smacked Bowlers are different from batsman as they require more rhythm and practice to get themselves into the game and with mcgrath retired, i am sure it was the right decision not to play him.

Nehra is the 2nd highest wicket taker of the tournament. He took 19 wickets @ Ave: 18.21 and Eco.6.78 Dhawan in 4 innings scored a meagre 40 runs at an average of 10 and a SR of 89. Amits, only you could see that as a bad trade ... LOL.