It's very unfair to criticise Tendulkar: Richards

The beleaguered Sachin Tendulkar today found support from the legendary Sir Vivian Richards who said the Indian batsman has still a lot of cricket left in him and it was unfair to suggest that he should retire. Reacting to former Australian captain Ian Chappell's suggestion that Tendulkar should retire, Richards said "in my opinion as a batsman there is quite a lot for him to achieve and fulfill". "There is so much pressure put on Sachin and it's not just maybe on the field but off it as well. He is human, people must remember that and he can crack and break like everyone else. He bleeds like everyone else. But some of the criticism I believe is very, very unfair. I believe that Sachin would have done so much for Indian cricket," Richards said. The batting legend said Tendulkar was facing criticism because he was carrying out the job in a manner not familiar to others. "I just feel that he is not settled in his mind to do the job as you would like him to. If Sachin Tendulkar, and this is only my belief, if he is 35 years of age or if he is 33 or 34, still in my opinion as a batsman there is quite a lot for him to achieve and fulfill," he told 'CNN-IBN'.

Re: It's very unfair to criticise Tendulkar: Richards

Looks like Richard dada wants the coach job badly :doh:
hahaha.. yea.. even before he mentioned of how he is willing to "serve" indian cricket if given a chance... :shrug: