T20 WC Spreadbet League - Shane Wins !

Apologies but the site needs some updating including the Win Index which is currently suspended. Pls check back after the Aus/SL game for further updates. I promise you a better user experience going forward.
My point is, why havent you updated the win index for quite sometime? If you haven't updated, then the last update still holds good and I can buy / sell at those prices. You cannot keep suspending the market without any reason.. and if there is a reason for suspending the market.. I want to know what it is
My point is' date=' why havent you updated the win index for quite sometime? If you haven't updated, then the last update still holds good and I can buy / sell at those prices. You cannot keep suspending the market without any reason.. and if there is a reason for suspending the market.. I want to know what it is[/quote'] Wow! goose has probably spent hours setting up the league, posting bets, getting reasonable odds in to offer on so many things, updating the bets etc. etc. making it an enjoyable experience for all involved and you are whining because he could not update the markets and bets for a couple of games!! All of us have full time jobs/students, families, and a life and try to do the best we can. It's not that we are getting a single penny out of all this. The reason is simple - he would have been caught up in more important things and so could not update the market and obviously could not keep offering old spreads, so the only option is to suspend it.
Wow! goose has probably spent hours setting up the league, posting bets, getting reasonable odds in to offer on so many things, updating the bets etc. etc. making it an enjoyable experience for all involved and you are whining because he could not update the markets and bets for a couple of games!! All of us have full time jobs/students, families, and a life and try to do the best we can. It's not that we are getting a single penny out of all this. The reason is simple - he would have been caught up in more important things and so could not update the market and obviously could not keep offering old spreads, so the only option is to suspend it.
Ok. got it. Thank ya... :)
My point is' date=' why havent you updated the win index for quite sometime? If you haven't updated, then the last update still holds good and I can buy / sell at those prices. You cannot keep suspending the market without any reason.. and if there is a reason for suspending the market.. I want to know what it is[/quote'] Sorry Goosey.. I was getting over enthusiastic and made an inappropriate comment. Just ignore it. Tnx

Don't you worry. What Outsider said is spot on. I'm trying to get things working as best as possible but have been short on time recently and I've simply had to abandon it. The site is still very much a work in progress and will no doubt be a victim of it's own progress until we develop some automation and contingencies. We're a long way off from what i hope will be a great end product. Still, it's heartening to see you take it so seriously - that afterall is the aim. I'm not going to promise a time for betting markets to re-open but tomorrow is looking hopeful.

Hey Goose: The current Win index market says TEAM MARKET INDIA 30-33 SOUTH AFRICA 29-32 NEW ZEALAND 19-22 PAKISTAN 17-20 AUSTRALIA 17-20 ENGLAND 4-7 SRI LANKA 20-23 WEST INDIES 11-14 BANGLADESH 8-11 IRELAND 1-3 HOLLAND 7-10 SCOTLAND 0.25-1 If this indeed is the current market, then please accept my following bets. Buy England at Ask price (7) for 150K (this is to close my earlier short position taken on England) again.. Buy England at Ask price (7) for 150K (here I want to go long on England) One more.. Sell Pakistan at bid price (17) at 150K (since my bets are not invoving teams that are playing current ie. Bng and Ire, I expect them to go through. In either case, PM me your decision. Thnx)
Even though markets were suspended I'm all for allowing bets to stand if I feel you're not an unfair advantage. However, in this this case I believe Eng had already qualified for the Super 8. As for Pakistan that is better bid now so not an issue.
Dude Goose, My last 3 bets have been counted twice over. Thats a error. I bet on scotland,holland and windies only once. Could you correct that please!!!
Good spot - now amended. The bets were not, however, duplicated in the league $ calculation - that should be correct.

SR LANKA v. WEST INDIES BET EXTRAVAGANZA - OPEN ! INDIA v. IRELAND BET EXTRAVAGANZA - OPEN ! WIN INDEX - OPEN TOURNAMENT TOTALS BETS - OPEN ! TOURNAMENT INDIA SPECIALS - OPEN ! SPECIAL OFFERS Newcomers - claim your free $25,000 bet now ! Losing bets will be simply voided. Existing - place 4 bets, and claim your 5th bet in $100,000 free ! Note the 4 bets must be in $100,000 or more and placed on different market types e.g. one on the India v. Ireland Bet Extravaganza, a second on the India Specials, a third on Win Index, and a fourth on Tournament Totals.

Spreadbet Leage Special Offers ! Newcomers Claim your free $25,000 bet now ! Losing bets will be simply voided. Existing Place 4 bets, and claim your 5th bet in $100,000 free ! Note the 4 bets must be in $100,000 each and placed on different market types e.g. one on the India v. Ireland Bet Extravaganza, a second on the India Specials, a third on Win Index, and a fourth on Tournament Totals.

free how?
Do you understand how to spreadbet? Pick a betting market and as a newcomer you can bet $100,000 per point. You retain all profits and any losses get voided. Actually, $100,000, is excessive. See edit in above post..

Goose: quick question: I am not sure since when the market was suspended. But, whenever I tried to sell Oz after their first loss, the markets remained suspended. As a result, a loss of say a million to million and half ended up being close to 4 millions. And I can see that there are a few people who are on the same boat. Is there a way the loss could be reduced? Actually, I see that there was no commentary on 7th, 8th and 9th June. So I am assuming the market remained suspended during that time.

Good question. It's one thing to not offer new markets, it's quite another to withdraw liquidity in long-term markets such as the Win Index leaving players stranded. It's a fair point and I'll revert with a fair solution.