GREG CHAPPEL RESIGNS

Parth

Re: GREG CHAPPEL RESIGNS Chappell's contract is over: Pawar PTI PrintCommentMail MUMBAI, April 4: Cricket Board President Sharad Pawar on Wednesday confirmed receiving Greg Chappell's resignation as coach of the Indian team and said the Australian's contract with the BCCI was over. "Mr Chappell's contract is over because it was upto the World Cup," Pawar said. Pawar said Chappell had called him and then sent an e-mail to convey his decision to quit, citing "family and personal reasons" for not seeking an extension of his contract. "I got a telephone call today afternoon from him. Because of his family and personal problems he is not able to continue his contract and he also thanked BCCI for giving him opportunity to coach the Indian team," Pawar said. "I enquired my office at Bombay, they have received letter from Mr Chappell exactly on the same line," he added. Chappell, who was with the Indian team for close to 22 months, resigned barely two days before the BCCI's Working Committee meeting to review India's World Cup debacle and decide the future course of action.

Re: GREG CHAPPEL RESIGNS

Chappell's contract is over: Pawar PTI PrintCommentMail MUMBAI, April 4: Cricket Board President Sharad Pawar on Wednesday confirmed receiving Greg Chappell's resignation as coach of the Indian team and said the Australian's contract with the BCCI was over. "Mr Chappell's contract is over because it was upto the World Cup," Pawar said. Pawar said Chappell had called him and then sent an e-mail to convey his decision to quit, citing "family and personal reasons" for not seeking an extension of his contract. "I got a telephone call today afternoon from him. Because of his family and personal problems he is not able to continue his contract and he also thanked BCCI for giving him opportunity to coach the Indian team," Pawar said. "I enquired my office at Bombay, they have received letter from Mr Chappell exactly on the same line," he added. Chappell, who was with the Indian team for close to 22 months, resigned barely two days before the BCCI's Working Committee meeting to review India's World Cup debacle and decide the future course of action.
You are very well informed :wtg: You enlighten me on daily basis and your sources are vast. I only rely on this website for all the info :hic:

Re: GREG CHAPPEL RESIGNS Chandan.....Gaurang used to be a smart, intelligent moderator of a good forum till he started smoking beedis.......the forum went up the smoke. I would give you the add of the forum but now it is the meeting ground for 3 moderators who meet up there to light a "beedi". sad . He posts as birbal here.

Re: GREG CHAPPEL RESIGNS

The contract was to expire on 30th April. Today is only 5th April. If you quit a post prior date it will be called a "resignation" right?
Ravi, His contract was till WC 2007. If India exited early, his contract expired early too. So he has merely stated that that he did not wish his contract to be renewed. This once again has left media red in face because it said that it came to know from "sources close to Chappall" that he'd like to continue!