Majid Haq's new bowling style

From Scotland. He dismissed both Kallis and Smith in his first over. He does something very interesting....something I have never seen before. He ran up and stopped for a full two seconds before releasing it. That must have been so confusing for the batsman. He had done that a few times and now the batsman is never sure when the ball will come. Smart, isn't he?

I dont think there is any law defining how a bowler's run up should be. He may have been smart, but I got the feeling that he lost control of his own delivery by stopping like that. Spinners usually depend a lot on the rhythm of their run up. He ended up bowling too many full tosses because of that stop. One should not try anything smart unless one is in control.

I dont think there is any law defining how a bowler's run up should be. He may have been smart, but I got the feeling that he lost control of his own delivery by stopping like that. Spinners usually depend a lot on the rhythm of their run up. He ended up bowling too many full tosses because of that stop. One should not try anything smart unless one is in control.
Yup, on a few occasions he overpitched, Raina did it well in the IPL, it was more of a pause, where as Haq was stop - start.
From Scotland. He dismissed both Kallis and Smith in his first over. He does something very interesting....something I have never seen before. He ran up and stopped for a full two seconds before releasing it. That must have been so confusing for the batsman. He had done that a few times and now the batsman is never sure when the ball will come. Smart, isn't he?
Haha.. reminds me of the bowler in Lagaan :hysterical: