Coach's job may be split into three

Re: Coach's job may be split into three

Bad times in Indian cricket seems to be harbinger of great fortune for countless average to mediocres like prasad, sabba karim, Arun Lal, chetean sharma, and Atul wasan etc..Any one remotely associated with cricket has guaranteed employment in either print or electronic media. Chalo , at least the ex-cricketers are the winners if not the playing ones!
Well said, EA. Those are exactly my sentiments. Arun Lal now is an "expert" on "round table meetings" broadcast on Cricinfo. I would rather listen to a buffalo f@rt 24/7 then tune in to him. Indian cricket is just a gravy train that more and more people are latching on to. And we lot are mindless idiots to subscribe to such mediocrity.

Re: Coach's job may be split into three So it has been confirmed now that V.Prasad is going to be the bowling coach of India and Robin Singh the fielding coach at least for BD tour. Shastri has also accepted the charge for Manager for the same tour.

Re: Coach's job may be split into three I don't know why people are fussing about the likes of Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh. These two are qualified coaches and both have done decent amount of coaching. If you can accept Dave Whatmore or Bob Woolmer that had far less limited cricketing credentials I don't understand why you guys can't respect fellas like Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh??? I think Robin Singh and Venkatesh Prasad have done Level 3 coaching. Why do you think there is NCA in India or the cricket academies in every country for? These academies run coaching courses that these x-players go through. It is not just playing credentials that matter these days. Unless you guys explore the coaching guidelines and courses you will not be able to appreciate the ones that have done these courses. :shrug:

Re: Coach's job may be split into three I'm quite happy by Prasad's and Robin Singh's appointment. I noticed that prasad had guided an unknown bunch of bowlers in KSCA to perform admirably in the Ranji trophy this year. So let us hope that he succeeds at the national level too.

Re: Coach's job may be split into three Robin Singh. Finally getting his due. But will the seniors actually listen to him ??? and i mean sachin, dravid ganguly, kumble, vvs etc. Really hard to respect guys you have played with telling you to hit the dirt.

Re: Coach's job may be split into three Excellent move by BCCI Shastri as manager is media savvy and no nonsense guy...is expected to double up as coach...(at least the newcomers can benifit if not the big egos) Robin singh ---fielding coach ...can't think of a better person....no nonsense ,not too high profile and proven coach . Prasad ....a good choice as bowling coach. Now the lazy bums will have to work tree times as hard. :hic:

Re: Coach's job may be split into three

Robin Singh. Finally getting his due. But will the seniors actually listen to him ??? and i mean sachin, dravid ganguly, kumble, vvs etc. Really hard to respect guys you have played with telling you to hit the dirt.
Can't understand whyther would be any problem!
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Coach's job may be split into three woolmer was not a batting bowligngenius and we all know how good a coach he was..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Coach's job may be split into three coaching dis totally diffeent thing than being himself able to cross the hurdle.. for instance u ill seldom find in iit coaching institutes any profs who ever crossed the hurdle of jee but they are damn good tutors.. just teach them the basic those who have got it will sail through.. i think same applies with any kind of coaching.... reason may be people learn more from failures than success.