Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Kuszczak has confirmed that he's leaving in the summer so now its almost certain that ManUtd are going to buy a new keeper in the summer. Its rumored that they are close to signing De Gea from Atletico Madrid.
Quality keeper though bit inexperienced in big games like Champions League .Still very young and IIRC he is still playing for Spanish U-21 side

Accorind to Radio station Onda Cero Athletico have agreed to sell De Gea to united for 20 mil Euros and sounding out Valencia's Vincete Guaita as his replacement . They give 11 mil a year contract to Aguero and then decide to sell De Gea. Their management is truely pathetic.

They havent decided to sell De Gea. He has a release clause in his current contract which might be triggered if reports are to be believed. They have offered him a new contract too. Its up the the player to decide. 20m for a 20 year old keeper is a bit excessive

Real Madrid make their first major acquisition- exciting midfielder Nuri Sahin from German Champs Dortmund. Essentially an attacking central midfielder, likely to slot along side Alonso and/or Diarra/Khadeira... Dortmund have a fine team that won the league this year, huge shame that theyre going to lose a key asset. Wish Sahin had stayed a season longer and played CL football with them. Another thing about him is he is a Turkish International despite having grown up in Germany. Shame really wish he had opted to play for Germany, they certainly were keen on wanting him to. Meanwhile AC Milan confirm theyve signed central def Mexes from Roma and left back Taiwo from Marseille. Both on frees, good signings!

Real Madrid make their first major acquisition- exciting midfielder Nuri Sahin from German Champs Dortmund. Essentially an attacking central midfielder, likely to slot along side Alonso and/or Diarra/Khadeira... Dortmund have a fine team that won the league this year, huge shame that theyre going to lose a key asset. Wish Sahin had stayed a season longer and played CL football with them. Another thing about him is he is a Turkish International despite having grown up in Germany. Shame really wish he had opted to play for Germany, they certainly were keen on wanting him to. Meanwhile AC Milan confirm theyve signed central def Mexes from Roma and left back Taiwo from Marseille. Both on frees, good signings!
99% of Turks who grow up in Germany would play for the Turkish national team rather than Germany. It is a real shame that Dortmund may not be able to keep their team together. Apparently they have one of the best, if not the best scouting systems in Europe and they have recruited young talents from all over the world. Apparently this Goetze kid is the biggest German talent for many years. Taiwo is a good signing for Milan, wish Arsenal had taken a gamble on him.

99% of Turks who grow up in Germany would play for the Turkish national team rather than Germany. It is a real shame that Dortmund may not be able to keep their team together. Apparently they have one of the best, if not the best scouting systems in Europe and they have recruited young talents from all over the world. Apparently this Goetze kid is the biggest German talent for many years. Taiwo is a good signing for Milan, wish Arsenal had taken a gamble on him.
Indeed Altintop brothers included. Ozil is an exception. Its an interesting one, I was reading a very good interview with Bassong and Asou Ekotto (sp) of Spurs, both of whom grew up in and trained in France but play for Cameroon. Of course you could argue that they are not good enough hence they turn out for Cameroon, but apparently Bassong turned down the chance to play for France Under 14's even. As you say far as 99% of the 2nd gen immigrants from Frence ex colonies are concerned they are Malian/Moroccan/Algerian etc etc and not French. All this of course in light of the racism and quota rows in French football... Yes Dortmund have a cracking young team, apparentely great to watch. Theyve got a Japanese attacking midfielder who is supposed to be excellent.

Indeed Altintop brothers included. Ozil is an exception. Its an interesting one, I was reading a very good interview with Bassong and Asou Ekotto (sp) of Spurs, both of whom grew up in and trained in France but play for Cameroon. Of course you could argue that they are not good enough hence they turn out for Cameroon, but apparently Bassong turned down the chance to play for France Under 14's even. As you say far as 99% of the 2nd gen immigrants from Frence ex colonies are concerned they are Malian/Moroccan/Algerian etc etc and not French. All this of course in light of the racism and quota rows in French football... Yes Dortmund have a cracking young team, apparentely great to watch. Theyve got a Japanese attacking midfielder who is supposed to be excellent.
The Japanese guy is called Shinji Kagawa. I have not seen a great deal of him but i know a few people who have said he is the real deal. A German guy i work with said they signed him from a 2nd division Japanese side which is testament to how good their scouting network is. Ozil is a slightly different case. Apparently he is a Kurd which makes his decision to play for Germany more understandable. Kurds often suffer persecution whether they live in Iraq, Turkey or Iran so his decision is not too much of a shock. Tasci (another of Turkish origin who plays for Germany) is also a Kurd apparently. I always wonder what would happen if an English born Indian decided that he wanted to play cricket for India rather than England. The large majority of Indians in England support India over England but i am not sure whether they would be seriously considered if they were genuinely good enough to play for India.

I think Sneijder will sign for Utd' date=' I don't think Tottenham would let Modric go, he is too important to them.[/quote'] Why would Snieder leave Inter ? Unless United bid crazy money like 50 mil there is no way Inter will even think about selling him . And i dont think they have that sort of money . They have more chance of prising Modric from Spurs because he may demand to leave if United declare their interest unlike Snieder .

I think Chelsea would do well to create their team around Torres and Kaka - till now IMO Torres has'nt settled in well at Chelsea because he's not getting the kind of support that he needs.
Ya chelsea should build their team around 2 players who will always miss half the season with injuries . Great idea .