Indian fans are the most immature: Atherton

Oh blimey, now its passsion?? So we threaten our cricketers win or face dire consequences, wow.
wat dire consequences ,are they being beaten up?,do they get jailed?even their ads don't go down.its just stupid effigies some vellah people are burning ,how does it affect the cricketers
By that logic, as a Brit Atherton should be concerned about British fans' misbehaviour. All of us know that Indian fans misbehave and there have been several posts of condemnation of such behaviour on this very forum. We don't need Atherton to arrogantly point it out to us while he happily ignores the faults of his countrymen.
What is arrogant about pointing it out?

Talking about fans' involvement with the sport, you can hardly expect the British public to give a damn about their team's performance when the situation is like this: http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/current/story/409833.html I think what got Atherton's goat was the fact that the English side got booed in England, and to that extent I can sympathise with him [even though I don't fully agree with his point].

Guest Gunner
Of course Indian fans are immature. At The Oval there was one with his (or her) mother (or aunt) who couldn't have been more than two years old.
I really don't think you should get me started up on the facets of English maturity. I imagine it would be quite painful for you and require a lot of therapy to heal.

I would say that the so called Indian fans burning effigies back home are actually not regular fans. These are fan club/political morons who go over the top when the team does well and start splurging on celebrations just for publicity. When the team loses these idiots look to cash in on the publicity they can get by burning effigies. No one shud generalize Indian fans based on some retards behaviour. I will give one example, Pakistan beating India at chennai in a test match and they did a victory lap to the crowd's standing ovation. Now is that immature. Yes we have had odd moments of idiocracy like bottle throwing etc. Well when someone comapares that to the kind of football hooliganism that british fans exhibit especially incidents like brawls and stabbings, well we are actually immature Mr. Atherton if thats what u mean. Regarding Indian fans in the UK well its not surprising the kind of influences they have. But I must admit, some of them were retards, booing the home team is :whack:

Ponting the aussie captain boooooooooooooooooood horribly by the english crowd as he walks out to bat. This is a legend of cricket and they booooood him horribly!!! Digusting behaviour by the english crowd:--D. What say now Atherton?
Ok. now lets see if yo can answer this.!!! Ponting booed by the opponent crowd is acceptable.... opposition crowds are of course a lil bit hostile to the visiting teams!! But what yo reckon of this!?????? Sachin Tendlya booed in his very home ground at the wankede !!!! I hope u havent forgotten that,,.,,, Coz even if yo forget that the world wont!!!
Ok. now lets see if yo can answer this.!!! Ponting booed by the opponent crowd is acceptable.... opposition crowds are of course a lil bit hostile to the visiting teams!! But what yo reckon of this!?????? Sachin Tendlya booed in his very home ground at the wankede !!!! I hope u havent forgotten that,,.,,, Coz even if yo forget that the world wont!!!
As i said Indian fans are terrible. In this situation, we have a bunch of 'passionate' fans who've come to expect soo soo much from the little master and if he doesn't deliver they turn against him
Lets see lol Were they booing the whole Aussie team or only Ponting?
They were booing ONLY Ponting -- because of the dick he is. I am sure if Clarke walked up to receive the check -- nobody would have said a thing. It is Pontings character that attracts booing all over the world.