The Mendis Slayer

McGrath has also dismissed Sehwag 4 times in 5 Tests, Thal. Exactly how many times has Mendis got him? The only spinners who have got Sehwag out more than once are Warne & MacGill. Go to the back of the class, BAW. OK, let's take this one step further. If you were picking current bowlers purely on merit, ignoring team balance, who would you select? This is for all surfaces. Here's my order. 1. Steyn 2. Johnson 3. Murali 4. Zaheer 5. Ishant Mendis not in the top 5, and would be relegated further if Flintoff were fit.

Absolute rubbish. The moment he realised the batsmen were not scared of him' date=' he lost his nerve and started bowling short and wide. That's no great bowler, just a dibbly dobbly slow medium pacer.[/quote'] One thing I noticed during the ODIs against India was that Jayawardene was excessively protective about him. The moment he got hit, he withdrew Mendis because of which he bowled several short spells.

Laxman & Dravid will feel like perfect fools now. Lift the bat high and hit him hard. There! Is that so difficult? His bowling will degenerate right before your eyes and the cavorting man will be transformed into a quivering jelly like mass. Remember next time, come October. No respect for the undeserving.

I expect Sachin to be even more aggressive against Mendis this time around. He has seen veeru destroy him and he himself did that in that match against KKR in IPL..so Mendis would definitely be a different proposition in the coming series compared to the last one..He took on Brad Hogg every time the ball was thrown to him and if i am not wrong i think Sachin greeted him with a 4 whenever he faced Hogg..similar treatment would be reserved for Mr.Mendis by the master

Laxman & Dravid will feel like perfect fools now. Lift the bat high and hit him hard. There! Is that so difficult? His bowling will degenerate right before your eyes and the cavorting man will be transformed into a quivering jelly like mass. Remember next time, come October. No respect for the undeserving.
it's not that easy in a test match situation on slow turners in Sri Lanka. I expect Mendis to do well against PAK in July.