Its time we give credit where its due.

Ram

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. They played well today. I do see Bangladesh winning more consistently in the future. But it beats me HOW they are so good!? Most of them look the same, I still cannot tell Ashraful and Saquib apart. Even the wicktkeeper looks the same. And they're all petite and skinny. None of them look like powerful hitters, or savage bowlers. It must be their self belief, their hunger to WIN. Unlike India or Pakistan, they have nothing to lose (yet), so they play with complete abandon. :shrug:

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. Well in the case of India Vs Aussies. I guess if India Plays its Best and Aussies suck on that particular day we might beat them right? So India is also shyte ? Banglas outplayed the saffies in all departments of the game. They took apart the Saffie bowling. They were definitely the better team. They may not have matchwinners yet. But slowly i think they are pulling up to be a team of winners.

Re: Its time we give credit where its due.

They played well today. I do see Bangladesh winning more consistently in the future. But it beats me HOW they are so good!? Most of them look the same, I still cannot tell Ashraful and Saquib apart. Even the wicktkeeper looks the same. And they're all petite and skinny. None of them look like powerful hitters, or savage bowlers. It must be their self belief, their hunger to WIN. Unlike India or Pakistan, they have nothing to lose (yet), so they play with complete abandon. :shrug:
Mashrafe Mortaza makes our bowlers look skinny and petite. And yes, he is much faster than our medium pace trundlers.

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. i dont think bangladesh should be called minnows anymore. learn from football , they dont chant 'minnows' @ indian & pakistani fans : bad luck happens

They played well today. I do see Bangladesh winning more consistently in the future. But it beats me HOW they are so good!? Most of them look the same, I still cannot tell Ashraful and Saquib apart. Even the wicktkeeper looks the same. And they're all petite and skinny. None of them look like powerful hitters, or savage bowlers. It must be their self belief, their hunger to WIN. Unlike India or Pakistan, they have nothing to lose (yet), so they play with complete abandon. :shrug:
are you anyhow from the pluto and seeing humans for the first time , or the part in ur brain that recognizes a face doesnt work ? i think SA was well prepared , if u closely watch their field setup , u'd find that they set the field based on the weakness of each batsman

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. An odd win or two is not enuff to shed the minnow tag. Regardless of the no. of wins, Bangladesh must come out & compete consistently well against big teams. Thats when the rest of the world will recognize Bangla's graduation to the next level. Currently u guys pull off one decent win & then go back to your mediocre ways in the rest of the games (Hammering against Lanka, Australia, NZ etc). Let Bangladesh win another game in super-8 or have a couple of close games against top teams & then we'll acknowledge its prowess. Currently games against BD & Ireland are treated by all teams as a automatic wins, inspite of the upsets against SA & India.

Looks can be deceiving..plus it's not just their self belief that is carrying them foward their players also have some tremendous ability...the likes of Ashraful, Tamim and Aftab are some of the finest young talents in world cricket.

An odd win or two is not enuff to shed the minnow tag. Regardless of the no. of wins, Bangladesh must come out & compete consistently well against big teams. Thats when the rest of the world will recognize Bangla's graduation to the next level. Currently u guys pull off one decent win & then go back to your mediocre ways in the rest of the games (Hammering against Lanka, Australia, NZ etc). Let Bangladesh win another game in super-8 or have a couple of close games against top teams & then we'll acknowledge its prowess. Currently games against BD & Ireland are treated by all teams as a automatic wins, inspite of the upsets against SA & India.
i am sure u have missed the information that just because of ICC , bangladesh didnt have any match with any big team for 9 months, during which we had to play only against kenya and zimbabue . let us play, and we'll show our standard .

An odd win or two is not enuff to shed the minnow tag. Regardless of the no. of wins, Bangladesh must come out & compete consistently well against big teams. Thats when the rest of the world will recognize Bangla's graduation to the next level. Currently u guys pull off one decent win & then go back to your mediocre ways in the rest of the games (Hammering against Lanka, Australia, NZ etc). Let Bangladesh win another game in super-8 or have a couple of close games against top teams & then we'll acknowledge its prowess. Currently games against BD & Ireland are treated by all teams as a automatic wins, inspite of the upsets against SA & India.
i am sure u have missed the information that just because of ICC , bangladesh didnt have any match with any big team for 9 months, during which we had to play only against kenya and zimbabue . let us play, and we'll show our standard .
India will be touring BAN this summer so i guess we will soon find out.

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. Agree with marirs mania. They deserve to be respected for the cricket that they have played in the wc which is better than 2-3 test playing teams in the world. While for the rest of the world may take time to remove the minnows tag....we in the subcontinent have no business calling them minnows for the time being ..

yeah ' date=' bangladeshi tigers vs i(n)diotic honumaans[/quote'] DUDE -- U better watch what u say... :) and this thread is not a accpetance speech saying -- " Bangladesh is a better team than India".. Rather its more about saying - " Bangladesh is good team. lets respect them for what they have acheived. And if you are actually beginning to think Bangla team is better than the Indian team, well........ keep thinkin my son.. God Bless u .. :)

Regardless of the no. of wins, Bangladesh must come out & compete consistently well against big teams. Thats when the rest of the world will recognize Bangla's graduation to the next level. Currently u guys pull off one decent win & then go back to your mediocre ways in the rest of the games (Hammering against Lanka, Australia, NZ etc).
Really? funny how u can replace the word bangladesh with India in the post above and it will make sense all the same! Inconsistency is a problem with bangladesh.. but, so it is with India, pakistan, west-indies. Question here is skill, talent, ability. And regarding those points, u should know better by now.

Regardless of the no. of wins, Bangladesh must come out & compete consistently well against big teams. Thats when the rest of the world will recognize Bangla's graduation to the next level. Currently u guys pull off one decent win & then go back to your mediocre ways in the rest of the games (Hammering against Lanka, Australia, NZ etc).
Really? funny how u can replace the word bangladesh with India in the post above and it will make sense all the same! Inconsistency is a problem with bangladesh.. but, so it is with India, pakistan, west-indies. Question here is skill, talent, ability. And regarding those points, u should know better by now.
Couldnt agree with you more.. esp with the teams like pak and west indies being as inconsistent as they are...

i dont think bangladesh should be called minnows anymore. learn from football , they dont chant 'minnows' @ indian & pakistani fans : bad luck happens
are you anyhow from the pluto and seeing humans for the first time , or the part in ur brain that recognizes a face doesnt work ? i think SA was well prepared , if u closely watch their field setup , u'd find that they set the field based on the weakness of each batsman
My apologies if you felt insulted. I never meant to degrade your players, in fact I admired their enthusiasm. But I do feel that the performance was 20% talent, 80% self belief. Now, cut the crap and talk nicely if you want more respect. As for India and Pakistan, yeah, bad luck happens but both these teams have too much class to stay down for too long. :hmph:

Looks can be deceiving..plus it's not just their self belief that is carrying them foward their players also have some tremendous ability...the likes of Ashraful, Tamim and Aftab are some of the finest young talents in world cricket.
I agree with you about Ashraful, his chip shots (is that what you call them? :hic: ) were masterly, but Smith did give him room by not posting a fielder in that area until almost at the end! In time bowlers and captains will figure him out and cramp him, but even then he is a world class batsman. However Tamim is a pale version of Afridi and Sehwag. I don't see him lasting long unless he gets some brains and starts picking his shots. Also, he does not have the power of say, Afridi or Glichrist to just hit anything and ensure it goes all the way. Aftab....would you say he will find a place in the Pakistan team? Anyway, I might have to eat my words. Let's see how BD fares in the next few months or one year, we'll know soon enough.

Re: Its time we give credit where its due. first of all ...thanks for opening this thread to appreciate our recent performance in WC. And some of you are right. we still have to prove ourselves to the rest of the world that we are good enough to fight to anybody and the day when the spectators come to the ground to see a BD vs any big team game and feels that it can be anybodys game...then we will be automatically be removed from minnow tag. so i will request to the fellow BD fans... lets just wait..we have a talented team with a 23 yr avg age, which can only go better. karina... ya..most of the players are petit and skinny, specially the batsmen. only Mashrafee and Shadat (pacer, havent played in WC yet) are tall. But i am happier with the fat that the batsmen like Ash, Aftab, tamim, Saqib even babylook Mushfiq (WK) can hit sixes with ease which means they rely on techniq and skill rather than brutal force. I still can remember those days, may be 10 yeasrs back. when our batsmen hardly could hit a six against big teams. so I am happy with BD and looking forward to see them world cup contender someday in near future.

karina... ya..most of the players are petit and skinny, specially the batsmen. only Mashrafee and Shadat (pacer, havent played in WC yet) are tall. But i am happier with the fat that the batsmen like Ash, Aftab, tamim, Saqib even babylook Mushfiq (WK) can hit sixes with ease which means they rely on techniq and skill rather than brutal force. I still can remember those days, may be 10 yeasrs back. when our batsmen hardly could hit a six against big teams. so I am happy with BD and looking forward to see them world cup contender someday in near future.
Sure, why not? If you look at my first post in this thread I did say I see BD winning consistently, because if you can win in the WC you can win elsewhere too. However, other teams will start figuring your players out and the surprise factor will decrease. It will be then that the real test starts. Look what happened to Kenya, they reached the semis last time and this time they figure nowhere. In any case, I wish you guys all the best. I sincerely hope you can become another Pakistan, at least that way we can have a 3 way rivalry going. :hic: