When will we have an express fast bowler?

Playing with a good bowler doesnt mean you will definitely improve . Brett Lee played his whole test career with Mcgrath but never became a good bowler. Zaheer failed to transfer his skills to Sreesanth & Ishant becasue they are not good enough. After seeing Varon first class record I am not worried any more.
If i was you i would worry about Afridi,s batting the bada dilwaala performs once in a blue moon :hysterical: . I dont want express fast bowlers i want bowlers who make us win the matches.
Playing with a good bowler doesnt mean you will definitely improve . Brett Lee played his whole test career with Mcgrath but never became a good bowler. Zaheer failed to transfer his skills to Sreesanth & Ishant becasue they are not good enough. After seeing Varon first class record I am not worried any more.
after seeing the International records of the entire Papistani team I'm not at all worried :bow:

GENUINE FAST BOWLING BY INDIANS IN THE LAST 20 YRS. ( Internationals and IPL ) :two_thumbs_up: 1) SRINATH 1991-1997 2) ZAHEER 2001, 2003 WC 3) MUNAF 2006 4) ISHANT 2007/08 AND 2011 5) UMESH 2009 TO 2011 5) AARON 2011 This season we have 3 Indian fast bowlers bowling express with lots of deliveries around 145k or more. Umesh has maintained his pace and ishant has got back his pace after 2 yrs. Aaron is still bowling quick after a stress frature of his back. This trend of regaining or continuing with their pace by these 3 is certainly encouraging for Indian cricket.

INDIAN GENUINE FAST BOWLING IN THE LAST 20 YRS. ( Internationals and IPL ) 1) SRINATH 1991-1997 2) ZAHEER 2001 3) MUNAF 2006 4) ISHANT 2007/08 AND 2011 5) UMESH 2009 TO 2011 5) AARON 2011 This season we have 3 Indian fast bowlers bowling express with lots of deliveries around 145k or more. Umesh has maintained his pace and ishant has got back his pace after 2 yrs. Aaron is still bowling quick after a stress frature of his back. This trend of regaining or continuing with their pace by these 3 is certainly encouraging for Indian cricket.
Dude Nehra clocked around 150 kph in 2003 world cup and India's pace attack in that tourney was one of the fastest with Zaheer, Nehra and Srinath. Plus you have left out RP Singh who bowled in early 140s early in his career and even Sreesanth who clocks in 140s when in rhythm. Earthing a fast bowler hasn't been a problem with India, it's managing the fast bowlers and ensure their fitness and problem which has been a major concern.
Dude Nehra clocked around 150 kph in 2003 world cup and India's pace attack in that tourney was one of the fastest with Zaheer, Nehra and Srinath. Plus you have left out RP Singh who bowled in early 140s early in his career and even Sreesanth who clocks in 140s when in rhythm. Earthing a fast bowler hasn't been a problem with India, it's managing the fast bowlers and ensure their fitness and problem which has been a major concern.
1) Just clocking 140k does not make some somebody a fast bowler beause that is the release pace of the ball and not all bowlers have the ability to generate pace off the deck. The bowlers I have mentioned have looked quick even without the pace check. Did Nehra or RP look express to you for an entire season ever. I have talked about the combination of ( visual effect + speed gun whereever available.) 2) I am talking about an entire season or long tournament and not just one spell or a couple of deliveries. 3) Srinath, Ishant, Umesh or Aaron have the ability to beat batsmen by pace and bounce even when they are not getting any movement. I don't think RP, Nehra or Sreesanth can do this consistently. I agree with you completely that managing fast bowlers is our biggest problem and that is why the last paragraph of my original post. This aspect should be given extra attention and is the biggest challenge in front of Indian cricket.
How? In Tests you need stamina' date=' wicket taking deliveries not just pace. Otherwise Shaun Tait would have been the greatest bowler ever to play Test.[/quote'] You need consistency which he has. Tait is flopped in test because of his injury problems. He has only played 2-3 tests after which you cannot say he was failed. He didn't play test because of fitness problems. Tests need consistency which except Zak no Indian has.
Many average players have good ODI records as well. Only in longer version' date=' the skills of a player get exposed. So far, his record is poor in Indian domestic first class scene.[/quote'] Sami's problem was consistency. He had inswing, outswing, reverse, but he lacked consistency. He used to bowl a lot of 4 balls. While Aaron is just starting. Though he has only played 11 tests and 25 wickets, but he plays for one of the weakest FC team in India. Had he played for Mumbai, he would have had a completely different record. Because of bad fielding standards in weaker teams. Every match, he will have 2-3 catches dropped of his bowling. So add 20-30 wickets to those 25 wicket and you will get 45-55 wickets in 11 FC matches and I am not talking crap. This is a fact with weaker teams.
Ohhoho...Brett Lee has taken 700 wickets in word cricket...He is not a good bowler. What are you talking about. How many fast bowlers have taken 700 wickets? not more than 5-10. This says he has been a good bowler.
though RP and Nehra and Sreeshanth have bowled some sharp spells, but they are not the genuine quick bowler. Nehra was most consistent in terms of pace. RP when first started against zimbabwe was 125-130 k bowler. I watched that series. He occasionally crossed 140, but i have never seen him bowling 140+ in India. Sreeshanth tries to bowl quick but he is not a quick bowler too. He is a swing bowler who now and then can cross 140 but cannot maintain it, even in a 4 over spells of T20, he cannot average 140.
RP Sing bowled really well yetsterday. Clocking good speed of 135 to 140. Got swing as well. To me he looks like he is pushing for recall. Looked slim and fit. Rate RP highly
You can change the name of the the thread to " How many express bowlers will we be able to maintain ? " as we are producing express bowlers now.
You hit the Bulls Eye Nikhil..... In India' date=' i used to play with that normal teniss ball in which you can never get good pace..never used to enjoy bowling back in India.... then came here in Canada and started playing Tape teniss ball with my Pakistani friends..... now i just love pace bowling... tapeball actually motivates u to you to bowl fast...[/quote']What we use here is the "burnt" ball, where you burn the outer furry layer of the tennis ball in a naked flame. The resulting ball will travel fast, bounce, swing in the air a bit and will spin too. Batsmen have to play very late as a result. This is the reason you see plenty of late cuts from SL batsmen, but not many big hitters who extend their arms and go through the line. Because of burnt ball, they have to play late.
RP Sing bowled really well yetsterday. Clocking good speed of 135 to 140. Got swing as well. To me he looks like he is pushing for recall. Looked slim and fit. Rate RP highly
Still some way off from the fitness needed for international cricket especially test matches. But he has been impressive. Had a fairly decent domestic season, bowled reasonably well. Now, if only he could lose some of the fat, work in the gym for the next 30 days to build the muscles and stamina, he would be a shoo in for the touring party for England.
@rkt.india Do you have details about a fast bowler named Chowdhury ? I watched him in the Deodhar trophy. He is quite tall and was bowling at good pace. He was most probably playing for the West Zone.
Thats Ishwar Chaudhary. Was very impressive in a Vijay hazare Trophy match earlier this season shown live on Neo. Very tall guy with a smooth action, hits around 134-135 kmph consistently. Needs bulkinh up though. With some muscle and fine tuning, can definitely hit 140+