When will we have an express fast bowler?

You dont become recognised as a fast bowler if for a couple of months you bowl quite fast. I mean the fact you bring Nehra in as some example of how we have had great FAST pacers after all is' date= laughable. I mean if its based on a few games then Munaf can be considered a fast bowler after his england spells when he first got in team.
ok so who does this "recognizing" the fast bowlers as a fast bowlers to make sure no team cheats with their medium bowler as a fast bowler?? is there an agency or something or are u the the only certified person in the whole world?? few games !!? dude was bowling at 90 miles in the freaking world cup, with a bad ankle he took 6 for 23 against england(he was faster then anything england had at that time) and made the best figure for an Indian bowler in world cup. laugh all u want he bowled 90 miles in big games when it mattered and whole world saw he aint got nothing left to prove. sad, injures got better of him but he deserve nothing but respect.
:hmmm: After that series Kapil Dev was giving lectures about fast bowling on news channels. Nehra : 149 Srinath : 153 Yadav : 147 Zaheer : 145 Munaf : 144 Sree : ?
Zaheer took wicket against Newzeland with a 147 in world cup 2003. if i am not mistaking, was watching few old video on youtube today.
ok so who does this "recognizing" the fast bowlers as a fast bowlers to make sure no team cheats with their medium bowler as a fast bowler?? is there an agency or something or are u the the only certified person in the whole world?? few games !!? dude was bowling at 90 miles in the freaking world cup, with a bad ankle he took 6 for 23 against england(he was faster then anything england had at that time) and made the best figure for an Indian bowler in world cup. laugh all u want he bowled 90 miles in big games when it mattered and whole world saw he aint got nothing left to prove. sad, injures got better of him but he deserve nothing but respect.
That 6fer was on a ridculous flood lit juiced up condition. All credit to him for that performance but that was as good as it got. He was not express pace and after a few overs overs could not maintain speed and would be blowing out of back side and clock 80mph. The guy was pathetic in tests, which shows endurance to bowl high speeds. The fact posters are pimping people like Nehra as evidence of an express fast bowler is a disgrace to people like kapil and srinath, let alone speedsters like Marshall and Steyn! Fact are we are craving an express bowler and if posters think that Nehra was such a bowler over the years, then I rewally have nothing left to say
He was not express pace
agreed only if by express pace you mean 90 to 100 miles bowler, but then seriously other then shoaib who else from the subcontinent did that ? wasim waqar were certainly not bowling at that pace. i doubt if they bowled many effort balls above 95. and shoaib himself is not that great example to begin with, he chucked and he doped his way to that speed. and kapil srinath were never express . only thompson, tyson, lee, tait and akhtar were ever considered express. AFAIK anybody bowling 85-95 is considered fast and 80-90 is fast medium. wasim waqar,marshell and srinath at their prime were fast, zahir nehara were always fast medium. we dont need fast bowlers we only need ppl who can bowl 85-90 range without getting injured. this is where wasim waqar imran operated all of their life and so did pretty much all of the greats. reverse happens best at this range and bowler are under less risk of injury.

I haven't seen M Nissar or Amar Singh,India hasn't produced any express or fast bowler.We have a list of fast medium's who are very skillfull.Kapil , Zaheer, Sreesanth when he bowls well,Ishant.Out of Varun , Umesh , Rahul ,we might have someone who can be categorized fast, all can bowl between 140 k to 150 k.Dale Steyn bowl in tha range , he is categorized fast but is not as fast as Tait or Akhtar, but because he mixes it up and bowl's intelligently he is categorized as fast also because he is not an Indian. So if these bowlers stay fit and are effective , we will have a fast bowler also Ishant sometimes bowls in 145'k range.India probably now has the fastest stable of bowlers then it ever had , let us see , who progressses from here to be a world class bowler.Umesh Yadav if playing for England or Australia would've been classified as fast , also depends on tracks when bowlers look more lethal.

I haven't seen M Nissar or Amar Singh' date='India hasn't produced any express or fast bowler.We have a list of fast medium's who are very skillfull.Kapil , Zaheer, Sreesanth when he bowls well,Ishant.Out of Varun , Umesh , Rahul ,we might have someone who can be categorized fast, all can bowl between 140 k to 150 k.Dale Steyn bowl in tha range , he is categorized fast but is not as fast as Tait or Akhtar, but because he mixes it up and bowl's intelligently [b']he is categorized as fast also because he is not an Indian. So if these bowlers stay fit and are effective , we will have a fast bowler also Ishant sometimes bowls in 145'k range.India probably now has the fastest stable of bowlers then it ever had , let us see , who progressses from here to be a world class bowler.Umesh Yadav if playing for England or Australia would've been classified as fast , also depends on tracks when bowlers look more lethal.
:WTF:
Srenath for most of his career bowlerd in a similar range speed wise' date=' especially before injury, Steyn bowls 140's most times , very rarely for a few balls he amp's it up to 145 plus range.Morkel is faster then Steyn ,Steyn is the best bowler currently , but not express fast.[/quote'] He can easily bowl upto 150 Kph. He often bowls in 140-145 range, but it depends on the match. In some matches his spells are in the range of 90mph-95mph which is fast by any standard. How often can have you seen Indian bowlers bowling 2 spells in that range?
He can easily bowl upto 150 Kph. He often bowls in 140-145 range' date=' but it depends on the match. In some matches his spells are in the range 90mph-95mph which is fast by any standard.[/quote'] That is the reason I talked about Srinath is he listed fast, Lee, Tait, Akhtar were express, a step below Bond, Johnson , fast, Steyn mostly bowl's in the 140's,He is smart , bowls according to conditons , he has abilities to swing , seam, yes he is listed fast.Srinath bowled the same speeds before injury.Ishant bowled 140's touch 150's quite a few times.I t is also the perception of being a lethal bowler, wicket taking abilities along with speed.Mc Grath was Fast medium to Medium fast towards the end of his career, but he was calle d a fast bowler , spear head because of his wicket taking abilities and his effectiveness.On avaerage alone Bond, Morkel, Cummins, Johnson, lee, Akhtar, Tait bowl faster then Steyn.Gillespie bowled at similar speeds to what Steyn bowls during his career, he had more bounce but was'nt as skillfull , he is listed fast medium ,both bowl 140 k to 150 k
That is the reason I talked about Srinath is he listed fast' date=' Lee, Tait, Akhtar were express, a step below Bond, Johnson , fast, Steyn mostly bowl's in the 140's,He is smart , bowls according to conditons , he has abilities to swing , seam, yes he is listed fast.Srinath bowled the same speeds before injury.Ishant bowled 140's touch 150's quite a few times.I t is also the perception of being a lethal bowler, wicket taking abilities along with speed.Mc Grath was Fast medium to Medium fast towards the end of his career, but he was calle d a fast bowler , spear head because of his wicket taking abilities and his effectiveness.On avaerage alone Bond, Morkel, Cummins, Johnson, lee, Akhtar, Tait bowl faster then Steyn.[/quote'] You can divide Steyn's matches into 3 parts. 1. Matches in which he is slow. Averaging around 82-83 with peak speed over 140. He bowls at these speeds in swinging conditions. Srinath and Steyn are comparable here. 2. Matches when he bowls over 85mph and hits fastest as 90mph. This is what he bowls generally these days. Srinath is comparable here also. 3. Matches when he hits 90-95 range on consistent basis. Srinath is not comparable here and that's why Steyn is fast and not fast medium.