Pak players want a pay rise in IPL

Hassan, Till recently, amongst the Asian countries at least, there was a sense of brotherhood. A sense that we four nations - i.e. India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh - despite our differences, have more in common with each other than we have against, say, the Western bloc of Australia and England. Till to this day, we share the same culture, the same language, the same interests etc. So, when one of us is in trouble, we expect our neighbours to help out. Going by this rationale, when the western bloc started boycotting tours of Pakistan, there was an expectation that the BCCI, with its power and influence would step in to lend Pakistan a helping hand, to set an example and show that Pakistan was safe to tour. Instead, India stayed mum on this issue. The resulting action or lack of it was seen as a kind of betrayal by Pakistan. 1. Why do Pakistan keep running to India every time they need help ? Why do they accuse India on the one hand of isolating Pakistan, yet ask India to support them in their bid to hold W.C. matches ? 2. Why do they downplay the IPL as a "circus" but are upset when Pakistani players are not allowed to participate in it ?
1) I have no idea in all honesty. If they believe India is responsible then they shouldn't ask them for help re: 2011 World Cup 2) I am not overly bothered about the IPL or whoever plays in it- honestly. I barely ever take part in IPL forum because I don't watch or really care. Gotta go sree_india- need loo and then go out- post and I'll reply later
2) I am not overly bothered about the IPL or whoever plays in it- honestly. I barely ever take part in IPL forum because I don't watch or really care.
Theres a breakdown of logic there. You care enough to want to see Pakistani players play in next years IPL otherwise replying to me, KT and others would've been no interest to you
Can you stop poking fun at Pakistan and the majority religion there please? Not to mention that in India, there are more Muslims than in Pakistan (due to breakaway of Bangladesh)...your flag is orange, white and green- not just orange and white. I thought you weren't allowed to poke fun at religion and religion-related things on this foru,- or is this all just 'lip service?' England are a decent side but by no means the best. Brazil are the most naturally talented team in the world that won the 2002 World Cup (one before last) and has won many World Cups. Who gives too hoots about board etc? I don't. As regards IPL- Some of the IPL glamour is cool- but even last year when it started, I barely watched any of it because I was not bothered. Mediocre Indian players amongst a few quality Indian acts and great overseas players- is not my thing personally. I like it for non-cricketing reasons and just support Bangalore for loyalty, no other reason! Plus to 'Freedom'- we expect India to treat Pakistani players like Pakistan treats India's...but judging by that- the fans at Feroz Shah Kotla threw bottles on the pitch in 2005 decider whereas in 2004 decider, Pak crowd was great.
That is exactly my point -- They are not good but the MOST SOUGHT AFTER teams ! Brazil is ranked 5 and England 6, yet people will fall head over heels to have them, watch them and play them over others. And that is a fact you cannot ignore it because of the brand value they carry. BTW I was not poking fun at any religion, I was poking fun at your education system and YES I do have a HUGE problem with your education system -- because I do believe that huge part part of the problem that Pakistan is currently is because of the education system and there is nothing wrong in doing so -- especially if it is going to change it!

pay rise??????who told them our government will allow them in.all those padosis who think they are the flavour of the season in ipl forget it.IPL caters mainly to indians....and later to other countries...pakistan has very miniscule part in IPL fan base and revenues....while we indians dont have problem pakis playing....but we surely wont be going to the grounds just to see them.....world champions or universe champions.....if a certain player has signed a 3yr contract for 100000$ then he has to play for that amount he likes it or not.....and IPL just said that pak players are welcomed to play IPL if governments allow...they were told the same but the government didnt allow it...so all those who are making this out as IPl begging the pakis to play IPL because they won T20 world cup is just crap.......:haha:

Guest gaurav_indian
Can you stop poking fun at Pakistan and the majority religion there please? Not to mention that in India, there are more Muslims than in Pakistan (due to breakaway of Bangladesh)...your flag is orange, white and green- not just orange and white. I thought you weren't allowed to poke fun at religion and religion-related things on this foru,- or is this all just 'lip service?' England are a decent side but by no means the best. Brazil are the most naturally talented team in the world that won the 2002 World Cup (one before last) and has won many World Cups. Who gives too hoots about board etc? I don't. As regards IPL- Some of the IPL glamour is cool- but even last year when it started, I barely watched any of it because I was not bothered. Mediocre Indian players amongst a few quality Indian acts and great overseas players- is not my thing personally. I like it for non-cricketing reasons and just support Bangalore for loyalty, no other reason! Plus to 'Freedom'- we expect India to treat Pakistani players like Pakistan treats India's...but judging by that- the fans at Feroz Shah Kotla threw bottles on the pitch in 2005 decider whereas in 2004 decider, Pak crowd was great.
Objects thrown in Peshawar ODI.
Cricket is very tense game and when India Pakistan is concerned, it becomes madness. Some spectators make it personal and do unkind things. Something that that sort happened in this first ODI at Peshawar. It was Irfan Pathan fielding at deep mid-wicket boundary when someone thew a nut-bolt on him. Pathan looked very sacred as the object might have really surprised him. It hit him at the side of left eye and felt like blood has come out.. which didn't. The game stopped for some time, drinks were called on the field and things moved along.. Then it was around 47th over of the match when young Sreesanth bowled a beamer at Abdul Razzaq. The lights were very bad and that full toss hit razzaq on the handle of the bat. After that over Sreesanth went to field at fine leg when another stone was thrown at him. Few more police men came on that part of the ground and again things moved along!! I know only a few people do these kind of things but they hurt the feeling of whole nation. I just hope people understand and control their emotions.
http://www.itsonlycricket.com/entry/109/
Two incidents stand out particularly, among a history of generally unruly crowds with only a few notable exceptions. Pakistan's first innings in Karachi in 1997 remains one of the few occasions in one day cricket where an innings was ended prematurely, despite no weather intervention and wickets still remaining. The Karachi crowd constantly pelted the Indian fielders with stones, and after Sourav Ganguly was hit on the boundary - the fifth Indian fielder to take a blow - Sachin Tendulkar insisted on taking his team off as Pakistan's innings closed after 47.2 overs just as Inzamam had started to free his arms. Ganguly's response to the boorish behaviour was sublime - with the exception of Akram, he took Pakistan's bowlers apart for a fine 89 off 96 balls as India coasted to victory. Things were even worse in Kolkata in 1999, when the Indian chase lost momentum with Sachin Tendulkar controversially run out. While trying to make his ground, Tendulkar had been obstructed - either unintentionally or deliberately - by Shoaib Akhtar, and the collision meant he didn't reach the crease by the time the stumps were broken. The third umpire took no sympathy, and the crowd's judgment was swift as they hurled bottles and rubbish at the Pakistanis. Play eventually resumed after an hour, and India closed the day needing 65 to win with four wickets, including hometown hero Ganguly, remaining. Three wickets tumbled swiftly the following morning, and a greater riot burst out when it was clear India would lose - the crowd again began hurling debris onto the field, while setting fires off in the stands. Police intervened, clearing the stadium forcibly and the game sadly ended in front of an almost-empty stadium.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=59961
Plus to 'Freedom'- we expect India to treat Pakistani players like Pakistan treats India's...but judging by that- the fans at Feroz Shah Kotla threw bottles on the pitch in 2005 decider whereas in 2004 decider, Pak crowd was great.
I was meaning more about the PCB and your players. Whenever, there is a problem, PCB makes all efforts to point fingers at BCCI (seriously Ijaz Butt has no brains). Heck they even complained that BCCI was behind Srilankan bus attack. Your PCB is so inept and unable to stand by its words of providing presidential level security to Srilankan team. Second they went down a level below and started stooping at the Lankan team for giving out statements against PCB and pakistan. C'mon what the heck do you expect any team that got attacked to say? Now coming back to the point..... All your current players like Afridi (his recent statement that India didn't want to play pakistan) and statements from ex-players like Miandad,Alam and officials like Eshan mani, Ejaz Butt that directly throws allegations against BCCI sounds too stupid to me(Heck even if a girl poops in a public toilet, they want to blame BCCI) All in all Its your board that had made a mess in pakistan. Second I dont need to say how strained relationship between India and Pakistan is. Well you are talking about crowd behavior in a cricket match. You should probably think about state sponsored terrorism that Pakistan enjoys a prime membership in this world that had made them alienate from not just India but all test playing nations. There is always a reason why countries like Australia and England Shun from touring your nation.
That is a bunch of Baloney! More than 95% of Muslims in India support India outside of Kahsmir and in Kashmir it is probably 60 - 40 in favor of India.!
F&^%k they even fired crackers in Triplicane area in chennai (Muslim dominated area). How much more ridiculous can it get?

There are some who do it, I am not denying it. But to say most do -- is ridiculous. They fired crackers when Pak won against SL or Eng (1992). They can do so, obviously at that point of time -- they support their religion mates.

If there contracts are up for renegotiation then its a justified demand, Pak players won t20 WC , IPL is t20 format so why shouldnt they ask for more. Now its upto team owners what they want to do. As someone pointed out, IPL is more about brand image/star power than cricket and there are some shrewd businessman who own these team. I cant see any Pak players making it to mumbai or delhi team. Other would be lucky just to hang on to what they have, they can demand whatever they want but if say Akmal thinks royal challengers or daredevils are going to fight to get him in their team then ask him to keep dreaming.

There are some who do it, I am not denying it. But to say most do -- is ridiculous. They fired crackers when Pak won against SL or Eng (1992). They can do so, obviously at that point of time -- they support their religion mates.
buddy is religion above the country.......what did they do during the kargil war or 26/11....whom did they support.......is religion more imp than country?????