Pak players want a pay rise in IPL

Pakistani cricketers are planning to encash their ICC World T20 triumph and ask for a hike in the existing IPL contracts. After IPL organisers announced that Pakistani players would be welcome to play next season, subject to clearance from both the governments, sources in the sports management company representing players like Misbah-ul-Haq, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul or Kamran Akmal said they are unlikely to play on their old contractual terms of $100,000 each. "These players are now iconic figures after winning the T20 World Cup and it makes no sense that they should settle for old terms when other players are being paid in millions," a source said. The Pakistani players could not take part in the second season of IPL this year after the Pakistan foreign ministry advised the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) against sending players to India after the Mumbai terror attacks. The franchisees concerned then either terminated or suspended the contracts of the Pakistani players who had represented them in the first season. IPL commissioner Lalit Modi has said franchisees were free to play their Pakistani signings next season provided the governments of the two countries give the clearance. "Recently a senior official of the sports management company visited India and met with Modi and other franchise officials regarding the contractual issues of the Pakistani players who were not informed whether they would receive payments as per their contracts or these were terminated or suspended because they didn't play in the second season," one source said. He said the official had spoken to the IPL organisers about the possibility of Pakistani players taking part in the next IPL season. "But now with the Pakistan having won the World Cup obviously the scenario has changed and it is unlikely the players will go back on their old contractual terms as they feel their value is greater now," the source said. http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/indian-premier-league/news/detail/item286568/Pak-players-to-cash-on-T20-triumph/

Once again next year the same cricketers will line up to play in IPL and the ex-cricketers will line up or commentary. This is called hypocrisy. But just lets leave them alone for sometime. They are high on a world cup victory and are just delirious.
There you go!!
Nothing to do with jealousy or your crummy team winning the cup It sickens me how Pakis are allowed so soon after 26 / 11. Spend every moment criticizing India and than jump on the first opportunity to play in an Indian league ? What do you call that ?
Hypocrisy!!:giggle::giggle:

@ Afridi All right, I temporarily lost my temper and that comment was made in the heat of the moment. The point still stands. Whether you like to hear it or not, what you're hearing from the Indian officials is merely lip service and one excuse or another will be used to prevent Pakis from playing in the tournament. If making such frivolous and outrageous demands is not shameless begging of the highest order, than tell me what is ?

Poor Pakis they think World Champions = Cricket Super Power. Who will tell them it doesn't work that way? :((
You need Proper Eductaion to think in the right direction. You dont get to learn that in Madrassahs. Let me print it in BOLD LETTERS. If India was Ranked 8th -- It Still would be the richest Board By a HUGE Margin. Teams Would Still fall Head over Heels to have them come and play. yes they would still be called 'Rockstars of Cricket' -- which I personally dont like -- but who am I to dictate (BTW India was ranked 7th and 8th during 1996 - 2001 and it still was the richest board at that time). Pakistan could be ranked 1st and have a 50 point differential with the 2nd placed team -- YET NO TEAM will go and play there. This is dictated my Market Economics, Political Stability and Factors -- outside of Cricket. Something they will never understand -- anyways -- so it is pointless. For comparison sake -- Which is the most famous Foot Ball Team(s) in the World ---- England and Brazil -- How many World Cups have they won? in the recent past? What FIFA Ranks do they hold?
You need Proper Eductaion to think in the right direction. You dont get to learn that in Madrassahs. If India was Ranked 8th -- It Still would be the richest Board By a HUGE Margin. Pakistan could be ranked 1st and have a 50 point differential with the 2nd placed team -- YET NO TEAM will go and play there.
BINGO !!!!!!!!!!! Hear, hear !!! Absolutely spot on

There you go, you answered your own question You're jealous a player like Mortaza got ~ 1 Million Dollars whilst the Pakistani players who reached the W.C. final got close to pittens But thats not what angers me. Who the hell do they think they're to make demands when they're seeking employment ? 1. PAK players => Want to pay in the IPL 2. IPL => Doesn't care either way. No Paks, No problem as far as care

:finger:

There you go, you answered your own question You're jealous a player like Mortaza got ~ 1 Million Dollars whilst the Pakistani players who reached the W.C. final got close to pittens But thats not what angers me. Who the hell do they think they're to make demands when they're seeking employment ? 1. PAK players => Want to pay in the IPL 2. IPL => Doesn't care either way. No Paks, No problem as far as care
ur 2nd sentence doesnt make sense, re-read it. they think they are players to demand more, im glad that u speak on behalf of the ipl, but i dont think they would be as racist as you, so lets say, u work in mcdonalds, and you get paid 3.65 p/hour, and in the same role a new guy just out of school gets paid more but has less responsibilities than you, would u sit back, or would u ask for more, if u 4get they are pakistani players for a minute u realize what they are doing is no biggy, part timers or whatever that kid jadeja is are getting more when he can bat to save his life

Lol, you get paid what your contract says you should be paid. If you think your pay isnt good enough, you should not have signed the contract the in the first place. When the contract is up for re-negotiation after the third year, maybe the players who think their pay is disproportional to the value the add to their respective teams can attempt to re-negotiate the terms with the respective franchize owners. But this aint gonna happen next year though.

ok ur clearly not getting this' date='ill talk soccer to you, wayen rooney is getting paid 100ks a week, he has 3 years left, the manager aka AF would then offer him a new contract as he is a valuable asset, he wont treat him badly and then treat him as king just before his contract runs out[/quote'] No -- you dont seem to be getting. Let me try explaining it again -- with your own example. Ronney Did not Demand the Money (And even if he did ) his manager could asked Rooney to f**k off and Rooney would still be playing for the money he signed. He could have done nothing. Ronney's Manager offered him the contract, it was not Rooneys Wish, It was HIS MANAGERS Wish. And again even if Rooney Wished and His Manager did not -- Ronney would still have not gotten jack and he would still be playing for the mount he signed -- or he would be in big trouble !