Dhoni Is Not Well

As far as the preceding discussion on physical stress is concerned , the physical toll that standing 7 hours on the stadium takes is still neutralized by the couple of days of rest between the matches but what actually accumulates over a period of time is the injuries. You pull a tendon at one place and a ligament at the other . You stress out your back or sprain your shoulder. These injuries dont heal unless you give them complete rest and proper treatment , and so they keep accumulating. Its not possible to make the same level of commitment in the field with half your body parts paining the moment you try to move them. Infact i am surprised most of these guys managed to play non stop for 2 years. I play for my hostel and hardly play a couple of matches a week , but still often get some muscle pulled every couple of months that forces me out of action for a week or two.

And he's right. It wouldn't be fair to England, WI, and SA if we blamed fatigue rather than admit that we were beaten by a better team.
Exactly.That is all I'm saying.
graph - Dont argue with an idiot
Yeah retort to name calling when you have no point to make at all. jackass.
As far as the preceding discussion on physical stress is concerned , the physical toll that standing 7 hours on the stadium takes is still neutralized by the couple of days of rest between the matches but what actually accumulates over a period of time is the injuries.
Like I said earlier :
But you can't say the same for the rest of the team though. They have no excuse other than playing bad or genuine injuries (but if they had them they shouldn't have opted to play in this tour in the first place).
What I don't get is, why do they still have to play with injuries. Would the BCCI if aware of their injuries still have considered them for this tour? Heck no. Then why aren't they being honest about it and taking their well deserved breaks?? You can't say BCCI forces you to play these (except maybe Dhoni?). There's literally, a truckload of players ready to replace the injured.
Arrey bhai log,... chill down plz :icflove: enjoy India's victory :two_thumbs_up: with some cold beer or rye on the rocks.:winky: Dhoni surely needs rest, if Nehra's inclusion is affecting him, then things not looking good...I hope Nehra apologises to Dhoni for that stupid bhan_ki_***** remark and team India works well as a unit...no bitterness against any player. I feel that Nehra must say to MSD something like " dhoni bhaiya, mujhe maaf kardo...mein josh mein aakar hosh gawa diya, chaho toh aap mujhe bhai (not underworld wala bhai) samaj kar ek chaanta maardo aur purani baaten bhool jao....please!!!!!!!!!" :giggle:
Wont be needed. Nehra is not going to last long.
Guest Shivani

I feel its hecka tiring after NZ IPL WC and now WI ... These guys need rest ..give them a break .. Hope Mahi gets back to normal soon :(

I play my share of sports. Was the Sports Capt in my high school, have taken very active part in school teams for cricket and soccer, their mandatory practice sessions and have spent days on entire weekends doing nothing but playing sports. Maybe that's why I'm the only one here who can clearly see the difference between Inzaman Ul-Haq and Ronaldinho? Yeah.
well you were probably the 12th man on on your local cricket team that played in someone's backyard. That's why you think it's easy. Try fielding for even 20 overs on a full size ground, and then going from point to point for a lefty and a righty, every fielder's nightmare. And then switching positions every over. Soccer is very intense but it's a game of 90 minutes. Cricket is less intense but lasts the ENTIRE day. It saps your strength, both mentally and physically. You can't compare different sports and bring different athletes, they're conditioning is completely different.
well you were probably the 12th man on on your local cricket team that played in someone's backyard.
Hell even if that was true, its still leaps and bounds ahead of anything you'll ever accomplish. =]
That's why you think it's easy.
Never said it was easy.
Try fielding for even 20 overs on a full size ground, and then going from point to point for a lefty and a righty, every fielder's nightmare.
So you stand in a spot for 6 balls and hope for the ball to come to you, then you jog 150 metres to the opposite site of the ground. ZOMG I'm sweating my pants OFF!! Crowd, give me a pani ka botle and let me sign an autograph while that bowler takes his run up. Oh and that towel too since I'm sweating snowballs... =[ haha. I'll agree though over the course of 50 overs that will tire you out. Still nothing I see you would need months of break to recover. A day and good nights sleep is good. If there are injuries don't sign up for the next tour. Nobody is forcing you to play. All I'm saying is, if team India does bad, don't blame it on ""Physical Tiredness"". Hell, Dhoni of all people understood this. These guys are sportsmen, its their freakin' job to run and sweat everyday. If its too much for them they shouldn't be in sports.
Soccer is very intense but it's a game of 90 minutes. Cricket is less intense but lasts the ENTIRE day.
Again people exaggerate that. ODI/T20 doesn't last an entire day. An ODI with teams scoring 300+ lasts 7 hours. Half of that time is spent under the shade on a seat. You get out, and you even get to keep your feet up on the railing and drink pop soda waiting for the innings to get over and the chance to bowl and field. 7/2 =/ 24 hrs. Hell nowhere near it, smartass.
It saps your strength, both mentally and physically.
Agreed, specially on the mental part. Like I said before, Cricketers aren't build for soccer intensive play, and its really my fault for trying to compare the two sports. Cricket wears you out slowly.
You can't compare different sports and bring different athletes, they're conditioning is completely different.
k.
why don't 100 meter dashers make the best marathon runners or why do rock climbers not make the best mountaineers?
You really think people who run their asses off for 90 minutes wouldn't be able to stand/run/jog/Stand-Repeat for 180 minutes? Okay. As for your question, I said this before you asked the question : Its really my fault for trying to compare the two sports. Cricket wears you out slowly. Now am I going to use this excuse to say our Indian team keeps performing poorly because they are physically stressed out? Hell No. Doesn't make any sense at all. They had the option to come back home after T20 if they were injured or tired (except Dhoni, who is the only other person who agrees with me. Definition of IRONY at work here). Keep trying....
Hell even if that was true' date=' its still leaps and bounds ahead of anything you'll ever accomplish. ='] Never said it was easy. So you stand in a spot for 6 balls and hope for the ball to come to you, then you jog 150 metres to the opposite site of the ground. ZOMG I'm sweating my pants OFF!! Crowd, give me a pani ka botle and let me sign an autograph while that bowler takes his run up. Oh and that towel too since I'm sweating snowballs... =[ haha. I'll agree though over the course of 50 overs that will tire you out. Still nothing I see you would need months of break to recover. A day and good nights sleep is good. If there are injuries don't sign up for the next tour. Nobody is forcing you to play. All I'm saying is, if team India does bad, don't blame it on ""Physical Tiredness"". Hell, Dhoni of all people understood this. These guys are sportsmen, its their freakin' job to run and sweat everyday. If its too much for them they shouldn't be in sports. Again people exaggerate that. ODI/T20 doesn't last an entire day. An ODI with teams scoring 300+ lasts 7 hours. Half of that time is spent under the shade on a seat. You get out, and you even get to keep your feet up on the railing and drink pop soda waiting for the innings to get over and the chance to bowl and field. 7/2 =/ 24 hrs. Hell nowhere near it, smartass. Agreed, specially on the mental part. Like I said before, Cricketers aren't build for soccer intensive play, and its really my fault for trying to compare the two sports. Cricket wears you out slowly. k.
well it's clear that you haven't played cricket at a decent level so you really have no way of gauging the sport and the various challenges. If you do join a team that plays a good standard, play an ENTIRE season, travel from city to city, play double headers, play through injury. I've played with numerous "superfit" individuals. Guys who have played soccer, are very quick across the turf. But the sheer effort in bowling a long spell at top pace, even in practice, they aren't able to bowl more then 3 overs at a stretch. Why? Conditioning. They are very fit, FOR THEIR sport. But only with time and experience will stamina come, and when you overdo, your asking for trouble. Michael Jordan is a classic example, probably being the best athlete to ever play a team sport. In 93 he retired from the NBA and went to play baseball. So he got himself into baseball shape, adding plenty of muscle to his legs and chunking up his chest. One and a half years later, Jordan returned just in time for the 95 playoffs and was a shadow of his normal self. Reason? Conditioning! He had to get back into basketball shape, and that's what he did in the summer of 95, and returned to be the best player. Nobody needs months to recover from something unless their injured. But in order to be fresh you need to be well rested, not playing all the time. as for not accomplishing anything, well you let me worry about that. I've accomplished plenty and I'm still a far way from where I intend to be.
well it's clear that you haven't played cricket at a decent level so you really have no way of gauging the sport and the various challenges. If you do join a team that plays a good standard, play an ENTIRE season, travel from city to city, play double headers, play through injury. I've played with numerous "superfit" individuals. Guys who have played soccer, are very quick across the turf. But the sheer effort in bowling a long spell at top pace, even in practice, they aren't able to bowl more then 3 overs at a stretch. Why? Conditioning. They are very fit, FOR THEIR sport. But only with time and experience will stamina come, and when you overdo, your asking for trouble. Michael Jordan is a classic example, probably being the best athlete to ever play a team sport. In 93 he retired from the NBA and went to play baseball. So he got himself into baseball shape, adding plenty of muscle to his legs and chunking up his chest. One and a half years later, Jordan returned just in time for the 95 playoffs and was a shadow of his normal self. Reason? Conditioning! He had to get back into basketball shape, and that's what he did in the summer of 95, and returned to be the best player.
I agree different sports ask different types of physical requirements of "conditioning" as you put it, but that doesn't mean Hockey people suddenly lack the stamina to compete in Golf. They lack the skills required. I'm talking stamina. Jordan lacked skills for baseball. He just couldn't hit that damned ball. But hey, if you think the guys that do nothing but run for 90 freakin' minutes are going to drop dead after bowling 3 overs, keep telling yourself that. Its funnay!
as for not accomplishing anything, well you let me worry about that. I've accomplished plenty and I'm still a far way from where I intend to be.
Stop being ignorant and you'll get far. I seriously suggest everybody on this forum to give this article a read : http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/News/Top-T20-World-Cup-Stories/Dhoni-Kirsten-differ-on-causes-of-World-Cup-debacle/articleshow/4660830.cms Really surprised to see I'm the only one in this forum who is with Dhoni here but whatever. Kirsten just needed something to say to the public so he doesn't look like a fool. Its Dhoni who is playing not him. Sometimes, the other team just plain outskills us in our game but that is too much to admit for some of you fanboys here so keep blaming it on physical drain and magic and curses. Like I said, its funnay!