Venues for Australia series announced

Lord

didnt they play a test match VS eng in chennai few months back :dontknow:?
that game was not originally awarded to chennai.. due to the mumbai attacks it was given to chennai.. among the south indian centers, i think bangalore is always lucky.. they get a big share.. they had an ind vs aus ODI in 2007, ind vs pak test in 2007, ind vs aus test in 2008 and ind vs eng odi in 2008. compare this to chennai. ind vs safrica odi in 2005 (washed out), which incidentally is the last ODI at chennai ind vs sl test in 2005 (washed out) I dont think there was any India match played in Chennai in 2006 and 07 edit: ind vs wi in 2007 before wc africa vs asia odis and t20s ind vs safrica in 2008 ind vs eng in 2008 Hyderabad - since it doesnt have test status hosts only ODIs. But there are atleast 2 venues in AP i.e Hyderabad and Vizag who get to host ODIs. So it evens out for them. I really feel sorry for Kolkata as they have been subjected to some rough ride once Dalmiya was ousted. But dont forget that there was a time not in the distant past when they had the lion's share of everything. almost every tournament's final used to be in Kolkata... so again it evens out a little..

>Research shows ZERO ODIs in the last 2 years @ chennai. And before you start talking tests, yes chennai has hosted 2 tests last 2 years, but I am talking ODIs and why it seems the so called rotation policy doesn't rotate so evenly. Good research. Now tell me how many tests or ODIs has Kolkatta/Ahmedabad had in last 2 years?? Chennai had two high profile test matches. You can't have everything. BCCI has to deal with numerous state level association. Its not south-north matter here. so thats why you are talking out of your AZZ

Man, you guys complain way too much. Hyderabad had its last ODI played in 2007 against Australia. You don't see anyone here complaining. Kolkata hasn't had many ODIs or Tests played at Eden Gardens. No one's complaining. You guys always have to the be the objects of discrimination isn't it? Your players are ignored. Your cities are ignored (despite having 2 awesome test matches, one where a 300 was scored, and another where 387 runs were chased). Damn.

Man' date=' you guys complain way too much. Hyderabad had its last ODI played in 2007 against Australia. You don't see anyone here complaining. Kolkata hasn't had many ODIs or Tests played at Eden Gardens. No one's complaining. You guys always have to the be the objects of discrimination isn't it? Your players are ignored. Your cities are ignored (despite having 2 awesome test matches, one where a 300 was scored, and another where 387 runs were chased). Damn.[/quote'] ya.. thats right. there is no need to complain if you are a chennaite or bangalorean (off late, i'm being both). ever since i moved to bangalore in 2007. I saw live Africa vs Asia, Ind vs Aus ODI, Ind vs Pak test, few IPL games, Ind Vs Aus test, Ind Vs Eng ODI... all in Bangalore. Inbetween I also visited Chennai to attend the Sehwag test - Ind Vs Sa and Ind Vs Eng in the same year... so I would neer complain. Even my earlier post in the thread is not complaining, but was intended to show some facts... and argue that even though the rotation policy may seem like not working evenly, at the end of the day things even out in the long term. There are also states where there are more than one center hosting international matches. Eg: Maharashtra - Mumbai (2 grounds and now 3), Pune, Nagpur, AP - Hyd, Vizag, Gujarat - Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Vadodara, UP - Kanpur, Lucknow, MP - Indore, Gwalior, I am feeling really sory for the kolkattans as I cant recall when they got to host a test match last, inspite of having the best stadium in the country.. Also, for other states who do not have even one center eg: Orissa, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, J&K (although not getting matches is more of political/security reasons), Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, and the new states like Jharkhand and Chattisgarh.

>>>Also, for other states who do not have even one center eg: Orissa, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, J&K (although not getting matches is more of political/security reasons), Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, and the new states like Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. Orissa has Bhubneshwar its day night stadium. HP has Dharamsala, hope more games are played there. Bihar had Jamshedpur, but now its in Jharkhand

>>>Also, for other states who do not have even one center eg: Orissa, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, J&K (although not getting matches is more of political/security reasons), Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, and the new states like Jharkhand and Chattisgarh. Orissa has Bhubneshwar its day night stadium. HP has Dharamsala, hope more games are played there. Bihar had Jamshedpur, but now its in Jharkhand
Are they international venues? I remember some intl matches being played in Jamshedpur.. but not Bhubaneswar or Dharamsala (there was a warm up game that Pakistan played at this picturesque venue to kick start their campaign in 2005)