Finally - Vijay and Badri playing : What do you think of S Badrinath

Dhoni has agani made a tactical mistake here. Dhoni's and Kirsten's defensive approach continues to baffle me. In fact it has gone on from being merely baffling to saddening. They have gone in with the exact same personnel sans Saha who makes way for Laxman and rightly so. Amit Mishra did NOT bowl well - contrary to what all the kazillion commentators are moaning and groaning about. But for Harbhajan's quick 3 wicket burst we would have been in a deeper hole. I guess what Dhoni has to explain is why does he have to stock up on the team's stronger suit (batting) and short change what is already the weaker suit (bowling). India can win this match and yet this approach will not be right. He also continues to be mule headed in approach as far as batting order is concerned. Murali Vijay is a good player. But he is a young player. VVS should have walked in at No.3. After that searing momentum we gained, we should have been looking to make good on that and hit the Springboks when they were down on the mat. Instead we sacrificed Vijay and let the South Africans into the match. Morkel rattled Vijay with a spitting cobra of a bouncer and then got him to play a loose shot away from the body. De Villiers did the needful with an acrobatic take. Sehwag might have butchered Morkel earlier. But that does not take away from the fact that Morkel is the guy who can pose some really tricky problems for our batsmen. He has got the true incoming delivery in his armoury unlike Steyn or Parnell. And he has got a truly effective leg cutter - one that Ishant can watch and learn from. This Test is in the balance. A lot of it might depend on how this particular partnership (Sehwag -Sachin) fares. Interestingly Steyn has not got any movement with the new ball in Kolkata.

Dhoni has agani made a tactical mistake here. Dhoni's and Kirsten's defensive approach continues to baffle me. In fact it has gone on from being merely baffling to saddening. They have gone in with the exact same personnel sans Saha who makes way for Laxman and rightly so. Amit Mishra did NOT bowl well - contrary to what all the kazillion commentators are moaning and groaning about. But for Harbhajan's quick 3 wicket burst we would have been in a deeper hole. I guess what Dhoni has to explain is why does he have to stock up on the team's stronger suit (batting) and short change what is already the weaker suit (bowling). India can win this match and yet this approach will not be right. He also continues to be mule headed in approach as far as batting order is concerned. Murali Karthik is a good player. But he is a young player. VVS should have walked in at No.3. After that searing momentum we gained, we should have been looking to make good on that and hit the Springboks when they were down on the mat. Instead we sacrificed Karthik and let the South Africans into the match. Morkel rattled Vijay with a spitting cobra of a bouncer and then got him to play a loose shot away from the body. De Villiers did the needful with an acrobatic take. Sehwag might have butchered Morkel earlier. But that does not take away from the fact that Morkel is the guy who can pose some really tricky problems for our batsmen. He has got the true incoming delivery in his armoury unlike Steyn or Parnell. And he has got a truly effective leg cutter - one that Ishant can watch and learn from. This Test is in the balance. A lot of it might depend on how this particular partnership (Sehwag -Sachin) fares. Interestingly Steyn has not got any movement with the new ball in Kolkata.
theVortex, you are referring to Murali Vijay as Murali Karthik. Murali Karthik is a good spinner who should have been picked in this series.

Yes - Badri was absolutely clueless today. He was doing his best deer in the headlights impersonation out there. And it was not funny. He was beaten for pace as well as movement there. However it would be harsh if this happens to be his last Test innings. A batsman cannot be judged based on 2 Tests. And if it is a matter of the scale of ugliness of dismissal, then Yuvraj Singh sure has a choice few examples.

Yes - Badri was absolutely clueless today. He was doing his best deer in the headlights impersonation out there. And it was not funny. He was beaten for pace as well as movement there. However it would be harsh if this happens to be his last Test innings. A batsman cannot be judged based on 2 Tests. And if it is a matter of the scale of ugliness of dismissal, then Yuvraj Singh sure has a choice few examples.
He may geta chance in the future when someone is injured again
Guest DeveGowda
There is every chance that India will bat again in this match so both Vijay and Badri may still have another opportunity to come good with the bat.
No chance...that was decided yesterday after T session and today be JP duminy
There is every chance that India will bat again in this match so both Vijay and Badri may still have another opportunity to come good with the bat.
There is a THREAD of rain for next couple of days. So India is up against Weather God too..Badri might just have missed the bus. I don't support Dhoni's team selection policies but I'll support him in dropping Badri..
Guest DeveGowda
There is a THREAD of rain for next couple of days. So India is up against Weather God too..Badri might just have missed the bus. I don't support Dhoni's team selection policies but I'll support him in dropping Badri..
In this time of Year ...but i think at most 6 sessions enough for this Match.

Harsh or not..Badri doesn't belong at this level. I don't think anybody who have seen him play before will be surprised. the guy feasts on ,ediocre bowling. He was exposed badly when he played for BP XI against the touring Aussie side in 08 and once more in Irani Trophy. And if would have noticed, there is a trend to his failures. Having seen Badri get owned by Siddle,Ishant and now Steyn..I can safely conclude it is no coincidence.