Where will Yuvi end up??

MM' date=' do you seriously believe the last part of your first sentence?[/quote'] Oh absolutely. I dont actually believe it will happen, but I am not ruling out that occurence. And I dont talk in terms of stats and 100s. Sachin's numbers, without doubt, will be the benchmark of the game, as when he leaves it. But, purely in terms of ODI legacy and impact, UV can upstage Sachin's laurels. Its a big ask, I know. A lot of things have to go right for a long time in Yuvi's career for that to happen, but it could. Though, the caveat is, I dont expect it to.
I think Sriram was under the influence of drugs' date=' when he was typing this particular portion of the post..weren't you Sriram? :D[/quote'] No dude, I was truly sober. Now, you may or may not agree with my opinion, but I can guarantee that I was not under the influence of external substances. :D
Oh absolutely. I dont actually believe it will happen, but I am not ruling out that occurence. And I dont talk in terms of stats and 100s. Sachin's numbers, without doubt, will be the benchmark of the game, as when he leaves it. But, purely in terms of ODI legacy and impact, UV can upstage Sachin's laurels. Its a big ask, I know. A lot of things have to go right for a long time in Yuvi's career for that to happen, but it could. Though, the caveat is, I dont expect it to.
What exactly do you mean by ODI legacy and impact ?
In terms of dominance in the game' date=' in terms of significant victories/laurels, in terms performance in high-pressure situations.[/quote'] And using these criterion, you think Yuvraj will upstage Tendulkar. I have to say that it is an interesting viewpoint to have. I'd say more but I'd rather not since you've made it clear that it is your opinion. :P
In terms of dominance in the game' date=' in terms of significant victories/laurels, in terms performance in high-pressure situations.[/quote'] :haha::haha::haha::haha: Nice euphemism to express the SRT haters' mantra, which is utter rubbish btw in every single way possible. PS. not saying you're one of those creatures, but who knows, I might be totally wrong.

Every team in the world would love to have an Yuvraj of their own. Gilchrist, Yuvraj, Gayle are three players i have admired so much for their invincible strike power they possess. When these 3 get going they can bloody rip any attack to shreds. Sure lot of players can play such innings. But the stage presence and the aura they have when they get going is mind boggling. If only Yuvi learns to cope with moving ball initially he could open with Sehwag. Imagine them batting together. They did once this season. Srilankans have never recovered from that assault :--D. 221 runs partnership in 27.5 overs.

He went past Azhar many moons ago, is breathing down the neck of Ganguly already and 'may' end up upstaging Sachin (its improbable, but not impossible) P.S; All this in the context of ODIs.
Troll alert! He has not even crossed Azhar's legacy and we have people talking about moons and Tendulkar! As some poster wrote in another thread :
And we all know, Opinion != Truth
Guest Hiten.
Troll alert! He has not even crossed Azhar's legacy and we have people talking about moons and Tendulkar!
No one can/will pass Azhar's legacy of fixing matches. Azhar does not/should not make it to India's top 5 ODI batsman list. Fakruddin Azhar :finger::finger:
No one can/will pass Azhar's legacy of fixing matches. Azhar does not/should not make it to India's top 5 ODI batsman list. Fakruddin Azhar :finger::finger:
How imaginative? Whenever you run out of arguing against his batting bring in match fixing ignoring the fact that only non performance can be fixed. Perhaps if he was not a fixer he would have been Bradman.
Guest Hiten.
How imaginative? Whenever you run out of arguing against his batting bring in match fixing ignoring the fact that only non performance can be fixed. Perhaps if he was not a fixer he would have been Bradman.
So you think its okay for a player to deliberately not perform if he is being paid top dollars ? You don't have to be bradman to make your mark in the top 10 list but you have to be genuine performer to make it to that list :winky:.
So you think its okay for a player to deliberately not perform if he is being paid top dollars ? You don't have to be bradman to make your mark in the top 10 list but you have to be genuine performer to make it to that list :winky:.
Why can't you guys discuss Azhar's batting without bringing in all this match fixing stuff? Let me guess, you have an irrational hatred for him and cannot justify it on cricketing reasons. If you want to discuss that I have done so in plenty detail in a lot of other threads. PS : Yuvraj the "pressure performer" averages 20 in finals. Azhar the "match fixer" 35. The "match fixer" led India to many more ODI trophies than any other Indian captain as well.
Oh absolutely. I dont actually believe it will happen, but I am not ruling out that occurence. And I dont talk in terms of stats and 100s. Sachin's numbers, without doubt, will be the benchmark of the game, as when he leaves it. But, purely in terms of ODI legacy and impact, UV can upstage Sachin's laurels. Its a big ask, I know. A lot of things have to go right for a long time in Yuvi's career for that to happen, but it could. Though, the caveat is, I dont expect it to.
Sachin Tendulkar is a lot more than mere numbers Sriram (Not that YS will even come close to those numbers), something that will take a lifetime for someone else to come close to. You are talking about Yuvraj equalling Tendulkar in terms of playing well under pressure? First, where will he get that kind of pressure to play under? Where will he find that team which had no other batsmen but Sachin? Are the billion Indians ever going to pin their hopes on YS and YS alone? Will YS ever feel that his wicket is the one and the only one that the opposition aims for? This team needs YS....but is not worthless without him like once the Indian team was without Sachin. That was pressure. Where will YS get that kind of pressure to play under? When YS gets out, people sigh, but don't give up hopes, don't switch off their tv sets. The pin their hopes on the next batsman....may be Dhoni or Yusuf. They don't feel like India has lost the match. That was just one thing about Tendulkar. Examine the rest and you will find that fot 95% of the cricketers its plain impossible to come anywhere close to Tendulkar.
Oh absolutely. I dont actually believe it will happen, but I am not ruling out that occurence. And I dont talk in terms of stats and 100s. Sachin's numbers, without doubt, will be the benchmark of the game, as when he leaves it. But, purely in terms of ODI legacy and impact, UV can upstage Sachin's laurels.
You have to be joking. Tendulkar's impact on the game as an ambassador, a figurehead brand back in the 90s who brought ODI cricket popularity that nobody EVER imagined was possible at the start of the decade, and as a role model and inspiration for pretty much every young cricketer and fan in India is beyond description. Yuvraj will be lucky if he even achieves a fraction of that. To think that he'll upstage SRT's legacy and impact is truly absurd and speaks volumes about your perspective on the game's history.
Guest Hiten.
Why can't you guys discuss Azhar's batting without bringing in all this match fixing stuff? Let me guess, you have an irrational hatred for him and cannot justify it on cricketing reasons. If you want to discuss that I have done so in plenty detail in a lot of other threads. PS : Yuvraj the "pressure performer" averages 20 in finals. Azhar the "match fixer" 35. The "match fixer" led India to many more ODI trophies than any other Indian captain as well.
Have you ever wondered why people bring up the 'pedophile accusations' whenever they discuss Michael Jackson ? Why can't they stick to his musical genius ? I will have Yuvraj in my team any day because I am at least assured that he will give his 100% and will not sell his soul for green stash. Who knows Azhar how many ODI series wins were legit and not like the one against RSA in 2000 :haha: PS: The genius Azhar averaged 20's in his twilight (last 2-3 years) of his career. I am sure non-performance is easy to buy and I think you'd agree with that :winky:
Have you ever wondered why people bring up the 'pedophile accusations' whenever they discuss Michael Jackson ? Why can't they stick to his musical genius ? I will have Yuvraj in my team any day because I am at least assured that he will give his 100% and will not sell his soul for green stash. Who knows Azhar how many ODI series wins were legit and not like the one against RSA in 2000 :haha: PS: The genius Azhar averaged 20's in his twilight (last 2-3 years) of his career. I am sure non-performance is easy to buy and I think you'd agree with that :winky:
I would stick to Jackson's music(which I find trashy, BTW) while discussing it and I would find people dragging in the pedophile accusations juvenile as I find your dragging the match fixing saga into a discussion on Azhar's batting. PS : The genius Yuvraj does not even average that much in "pressure" finals - so I suppose he fixes those? PPS : Azhar scored a test century in his last test.
Guest Hiten.
I would stick to Jackson's music(which I find trashy, BTW) while discussing it and I would find people dragging in the pedophile accusations juvenile as I find your dragging the match fixing saga into a discussion on Azhar's batting. PS : The genius Yuvraj does not even average that much in "pressure" finals - so I suppose he fixes those? PPS : Azhar scored a test century in his last test.
I never said under performance was an indication of indulging oneself in fixing but I have a concrete reason to believe in Azhars' case otherwise. Yuvraj Singh has averaged 45+ in ODI's that he has played since 2005 and that's saying something, indicating he has been at his peak since the year 2005. This is why his average in the finals has bumped to 28 since 2005. I can see him get only better in the crunch situations, no ?