Double standard of Islamic countries -

kumble_rocks

Good article by Tarek Fatah . I hope Muslims worldwide realize the double standards which I have been alluding to as well. Misplaced priorities , I say ! Misguided Liberals also take notice ! Islam's Double Standard Tarek Fatah, National Post Published: Thursday, July 09, 2009 http://www.nationalpost.com/most-popular/story.html?id=1772626 This week, more than 100 Muslims have died and thousands more have been arrested in China. Yet not a peep of protest has been heard on the streets of Cairo, Karachi or Tehran. Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, it seems, is too busy imprisoning and herding Iranian Muslims to jail to hear the outcry in Xinxiang, while Egyptian religious leader, Sheik Yusuf al-Qaradawi, has also ignored the persecution of the Uighurs. China, after all is the trusted ally of the Arab world. This is not the first time the so-called ummah has shrugged off the massacre of fellow Muslims. During Kosovo's war with Serbia, Islamists depicted Kosovar Muslims not as victims, but as American agents. More recently, the genocide of Darfuri Black Muslims at the hands of the Arab janjaweed militia and the Sudanese government has passed unnoticed by the larger Islamic world. My friend, the Egyptian-American journalist Mona Eltahawy explained this phenomenon: "Many Muslims only pay attention when America and Israel behave badly." If Israel invaded western China, she mused, maybe the rest of the Muslim world would wake up, cry foul and protest. It is worth noting that on Monday, thousands of Egyptians did come out in Alexandria to protest ... but not against the Chinese government. Their anger was directed at Germany, where a racist hate-monger had murdered Marwa Sherbini, an Egyptian woman (a crime that I wrote about in Wednesday's Post). The Muslim demonstrators in Alexandria shouted a bizarre chant to express their anger. "There is no god but God, and the Germans are the enemies of God," they screamed. The chant is a twist on the Muslim oath and declaration of faith, "There is no god, but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God." But where were these protesters when, on Dec. 30, 2005, hundreds of Egyptian riot police stormed through a makeshift refugee camp in central Cairo to clear it of 2,500 Darfuri Muslims, beating to death 28 people, among them women and children? Were those lives less valuable than the life of Marwa Sherbini? Yesterday in the Post, I wrote that Sherbini's "murder will prove to be manna from heaven" for the Islamists. They, I argued, would use it "as the ultimate symbol of the West's 'war against Islam,' and to fuel the propaganda that Muslims are victims." Unfortunately, I was correct. Within hours, the tragedy was being held up as symbolic of the West's hostility toward Muslims. The Canadian Islamic Congress led the charge, accusing the Canadian media of "intentionally" ignoring the news of Sherbini's murder. Apparently, my commentary about the crime on this newspaper's Editorial page -- not to mention articles on the subject in The Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star -- wasn't good enough for CIC president Wahida Valiante, who said that "the Canadian media are still locked into a discriminatory double standard when it comes to news events involving Muslims." Ms. Valiante further accused the Canadian media of abdicating its responsibility to inform Canadians of "a growing menace that has plagued Europe for centuries." Elsewhere, there were calls for revenge and a boycott of German goods. No one in the Middle East mentioned the fact that the German court had imposed a fine on one of its citizens for uttering racist epithets against a Muslim woman. We Muslims need to wake up to an ethical challenge. It is immoral for us to stay silent when Muslim-on-Muslim violence takes place, but yell at the top of our lungs when the victims suffer at the hands of non-Muslims. This is a double standard that the Koran prohibits: It urges Muslims to "speak the truth" even if it hurts us. Marwa Sherbini should not have died, but we know that the German judicial system will come down with the full force of the law on her killer. Moreover, no one seems to be looking for the murderer of another Muslim girl. Neda Agha-Soltan was shot dead in Tehran by the Iranian government-backed militia. No one protested her death in the Muslim world outside Iran, nor asked for her killer to be brought to justice. Why? Perhaps because her killer was a fellow Muslim. The question remains:Will Muslims come out to the streets and chant, "There is no god but God and the Iranian government is the enemy of God"? -Tarek Fatah is author of Chasing a Mirage: The Tragic Illusion of an Islamic State. Currently, he is working on his second book on the roots of Jewish-Muslim friction, to be published by McClelland & Stewart in the fall of 2010. Fatah is also co-host of Strong Opinions, an afternoon talk show on CFRB 1010 in Toronto.

Can't blame them. There are so many sepratist/jihad movements world wide its hard to keep track. When you constantly play the victim then the causes are so vast' date=' that the ummah simply cant [b']remeber all the many movements
:--D. I think it's easy to remember , they have filter based on USA and Israel !:winky:

Looks like your prayer has been answered KR, Al-Qaeda affiliate has announced that they would take on China.

Osama bin Laden’s Al-Qaeda network has taken up the cause of China’s Muslim Uighur minority with a pledge to attack Chinese workers in northwestern Africa in retaliation for mistreatment by Beijing of its largest Muslim minority
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/china/article6704812.ece

A friend of mine has been to Kashgar in the same province and claims that China has a vice like grip on the region, they are scared shytless of losing it, apparently its sitting on a gigantic natural gas field.

Double standard of kumble rocks: BJP persecution of muslims = good, chinese persecution of muslims = bad. why are you so pro-uighur these days?
Can show proof of this especially during the years the BJP was in power.

Can show proof of this especially during the years the BJP was in power.
http://www.bjp.org/content/view/2655/376/ for a hindu organization, the following seems overly concerned with christianity and islam. the article is also replete with ludicrous claims such as hindusim creating the more "acceptable" form of islam, sufism. based on such views, it wouldn't be surprising to find out that some of the worst communal violence in recent times in india occurred in a state and time where the BJP was charge of the government. if you want DNA evidence as proof, then i'm afraid you'd have to go elsewheres. but even assuming no BJP involvement, it still doesn't answer the double standard-ness of the threat itself. which is precisely my point: name a human being who hasn't embraced a double standard. name an individual who goes around finding faults only with himself, and never mentions anything about others. put another way, do you find it strange that ICF is replete with threads critical of pakistan, and yet on **********, they have threads critical of india? do you find it strange that during the cold war, reagan referred to the USSR as an "evil empire"? do you think its odd that most israeli nationalists are distinctly anti-palestinian? do you find it remarkable that most jews think of the holocaust first when they hear the word "genocide"? you probably don't. in fact, in all societies, its "liberals" who generally have the moral fortitude to speak out against their "own" crimes, often at the expense of the crimes of others. disagree with such "turn the other cheek" behavior, i do myself, but you can't deny the fact that in terms of self restraint, you can't beat the pacifistic crowd.

Double standard of kumble rocks: BJP persecution of muslims = good, chinese persecution of muslims = bad. why are you so pro-uighur these days?
Not to speak for K-R, but, in my opinion, there is a huge difference. The Chinese have a long history of systematically persecuting any group that remotely threatens their Communist regime - Tibetans, pro-democracy students (Tianenmen) etc. I cannot see how one can compare that to one-off events precipitated by splinter groups in India.

http://www.bjp.org/content/view/2655/376/ for a hindu organization, the following seems overly concerned with christianity and islam. the article is also replete with ludicrous claims such as hindusim creating the more "acceptable" form of islam, sufism.
NO DICE bro, nice try though. Again, you compared the BJP to the Communist regime of China's persecution of Muslims, like suppressing the Muslim prayer among other claims. Prove it or shut up and accept you're nothing but a troll.

With "educated" Muslims like you no suprised Ummah finds itself in the pooper these days. KR is one of the left wing liberals here who has no love/affection for BJP. Looks his previous posts and you will get a better idea. And no I dont have time to do the search for quick judgmental freaks like you.

NO DICE bro, nice try though. Again, you compared the BJP to the Communist regime of China's persecution of Muslims, like suppressing the Muslim prayer among other claims. Prove it or shut up and accept you're nothing but a troll.
but you have to hand it to the communist party of china who's website does not go obsessing on and on about their "adversaries" as the BJP website does. just because the commies in china are worse, doesn't mean the BJP are angels. if you can't understand that, then i have no choice but to shut up.

Where did he say that? KR, along with Lurker, MM etc. are some of the harshest critics of BJP and yet we choose to criticize the Chinese for what they have done in Uighur. Uighur and Palestine are two Muslim based movements which would find support in most sane people's minds.

Even the seemingly moderate muslim countries are draconian to the core, tyrannical in nature and have the most despicable record of human right abuses. Completely ignorant of the human right abuses in their own country, the sleeping beauties are awoken from their deep slumber only when Muslims are "percieved" to be trouble in Amreeeeeeeka or Israaaaaael, yes, a little whiff of Muslims in trouble, and the mullahs and muftis work around the clock issuing fatwas and death threats to every Joe Blog left, right and centre. Muslim countries create such a hoo - haa over Palestine because they want to been as sympathetic to the Palestinian cause. Nobody gives a .... about the Palestinians. If they did and and had any self respect, they would've done something to help. 60 years after its creation, the entire middle east lives under the boots of Israel and papa bear U.S.A., wholly dependent on either the bribes or the donations they get from Congress, which every Joe worth his salt knows is controlled by the Jewish Lobby whose strings are pulled by those in Israel. These hypocrites only seem to act only when its Israel or America. Every other time, its business as usual and lets just turn a blind eye.

but you have to hand it to the communist party of china who's website does not go obsessing on and on about their "adversaries" as the BJP website does. just because the commies in china are worse' date=' doesn't mean the BJP are angels. if you can't understand that, then i have no choice but to shut up.[/quote'] Put up or shut up.