The Never Ending Thread

Ram

Guest Gunner
I agree that Cicero would have given the speech as he was the orator of the triumvirate. Why would he have said something in Greek? The Roman nobility spoke Greek? I lost you there. As for no one being there, Deewaron ke bhi kaan hote hain :P
Classical latin in the form in which that phrase is wasn't to take root until another 50 years or so later. Greek was still the most classical language of that time. It had to be Greek or vulgar latin and that phrase is neither. Which is why it is highly unlikely ceaser ever uttered it. Moreover you have to realize that Julius despite his position as the Ceaser of the whole roman empire was not a king by birth, he was a soldier who was elevated to that position because of the demise of the republic. So it was unlikely for him to be speaking in Classical Latin and he wasn't known to be a particularly great orator. His military diary is rather dull and boring. Which is why I said probably greek.

Zelig received this msg when he was trying to access IPL Forum: Zelig, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. :WTF:

Zelig received this msg when he was trying to access IPL Forum: Zelig, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. :WTF:
Mods/Admins have finally closed the Tamasha section :aha: :aha: :aha: :aha: :aha: