Hayden vs Boycott: Harbhajan an all time great

Hayden and Boycott are having a very good discussion on the greats of this era vs Boycott's time. Hayden mentions Warne/Murali/Harbhajan as all time greats, especially on the back end of tests when there's rough/footholds ets. Boycott says rubbish. Harbhajan is not great but just good and two start kicking off about batting. Boycott criticizes the Aussies for playing too early against swing in the '05 Ashes and thus getting out and then says if they had played like him (boycott) and played it late, patiently then they would have scored more hundreds. Hayden replies, well if I did that, (played like Boycott) then the whole crowd would have gone to sleep! :hysterical: It's on BBC 5 Live audio.

Hayden and Boycott are having a very good discussion on the greats of this era vs Boycott's time. Hayden mentions Warne/Murali/Harbhajan as all time greats, especially on the back end of tests when there's rough/footholds ets. Boycott says rubbish. Harbhajan is not great but just good and two start kicking off about batting. Boycott criticizes the Aussies for playing too early against swing in the '05 Ashes and thus getting out and then says if they had played like him (boycott) and played it late, patiently then they would have scored more hundreds. Hayden replies, well if I did that, (played like Boycott) then the whole crowd would have gone to sleep! :hysterical: It's on BBC 5 Live audio.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hayden is surprisingly good. In fact, I found him the most articulate well-spoken recently retired cricketer that I have heard recently. His arguments are cogent, he is witty, his intontation is pleasant and he is very knowledgeable. He has all the makings of turning out to be a regular and much-liked commentator. At least on radio.

The Ashes battle is hotting up on the airwaves as well as the pitch after a falling out between Matthew Hayden and Geoff Boycott on the opening day at Edgbaston while working for Test Match Special. Hayden, who has joined for the rest of the summer, said Boycott's batting style "emptied cricket grounds" and Boycott promptly stormed out of the commentary box saying "don't need comments like that at my stage." They shook hands later, but the atmosphere is likely to be deliciously frosty - From Cricinfo commentary today :haha: