Emraan Hashmi can't get a house in Pali Hill

Guest gaurav_indian

When was the last time Azharuddin said something praising India? Heck he even wore a green helmet on a tour of England when the entire team wore blue.
Ramchandra Guha stands vindicated. In the 90s there were 3 caricatures of Indian Muslims. The first was Abul Kalaam, the man who had built the Nuclear missiles for India and could recite Geeta as he could recite Quran. He was the ideal Indian Muslim. The second was Dawood Ibrahim, the man who had spit in the very thaali he had eaten and killed his own fellow citizens. He was the traitor Indian Muslim. The third was Mohammed Azharuddin. Depending on how he showed up on the cricket field that day he would be thought of as either 1 or 2. -- Ramchandra Guha in Corner of a Foreign Field.

Ramchandra Guha stands vindicated. In the 90s there were 3 caricatures of Indian Muslims. The first was Abul Kalaam, the man who had built the Nuclear missiles for India and could recite Geeta as he could recite Quran. He was the ideal Indian Muslim. The second was Dawood Ibrahim, the man who had spit in the very thaali he had eaten and killed his own fellow citizens. He was the traitor Indian Muslim. The third was Mohammed Azharuddin. Depending on how he showed up on the cricket field that day he would be thought of as either 1 or 2. -- Ramchandra Guha in Corner of a Foreign Field.
I fail to understand how three living examples of Muslims can be called "caricatures". But then this is the same Ramachandra Guha who says that India should not aspire to become a superpower, so such nonsense is expected from him.

In other parts of the world muslims are also not wanted and welcomed in communities or for jobs. One has to ask why and sstop baling everyone else and look at why no one welcomes them. Also try getting a place in muslim dominated area. Nightmare, not that many want to. Heck even in UK muslims have created no go areas for whites. And lets not talk about a hindu trying to get a flat in kashmir, they will get more then a rejection and more like an AK 47 shoved in there face

Hes crying wolf, just like Azharuddin did about being discriminated and hounded for match fixing because he was a Muslim. They dont credit their success to India but lo and behold hold them accountable for something and cries of discrimination are loud and clear. When was the last time Azharuddin said something praising India? Heck he even wore a green helmet on a tour of England when the entire team wore blue.
so true

Thats a bad experience. I have had some as well from fellow vegetarian Hindus(in Mumbai) who did not want me to cook egg/fish/chicken etc etc etc. But of course would be wrong for me to say all Hindus feel the same way.
O i see when it happens to a non muslim its a bad experience. But when it happens to a muslim its mass discrimination and how the country and society is racist to muslims.

Emraan Hashmi is a grade A a**hole ....... just like his mama Mahesh Bhatt who's a chamcha of pakistan. These a**holes live in India, enjoy everything there, marry Hindu girls and still scream at the top of their voice "discrimination" .....this guy thinks he's a big deal.... can't believe he became famous in India..with his 5' height and hair all over his face. He is forgetting as a muslim he became a famous actor in India only! no Hindu will be given that status or opportunity in bangladesh or pakistan. AND Salman Khan disagrees with this midget: http://publication.samachar.com/pub_article.php?id=4883764&nextids=4883764|4883671|4883690|4880408|4880445&nextIndex=1

^they wanted patels only in that building I guess builder was patel, I guess they just wanted to have Patels in the building, and may that was their USP
I hate to generalize this whole Patel/Gujju thing but I have to say I have been hearing this increasingly. Yesterday I was talking to a Gujju colleague at my place, a really nice guy who while really good at his work has his eyes set on entrepreneurship down the line. He is basically telling me about the big margin in owning a Subway sandwich franchise. He personally does not want to own it since that would include serving non-veg at work location and make money off it, something he is not comfortable with. Fair enough. So I just question him as to how much it would entail, in terms of cost of getting franchise etc. He smiled and told me with a straight face I wont get the franchise(not that I was looking for it) because there are 17 Subways in the region and they are all owned by Patels who would not let anyone else enter the business, even Indians. So yeah I do see why they would be more comfortable letting Patel instead of a Sindhi in their building. Tell you what our country folks practise some effed up ****, even outside India. xxx

In other parts of the world muslims are also not wanted and welcomed in communities or for jobs. One has to ask why and sstop baling everyone else and look at why no one welcomes them. Also try getting a place in muslim dominated area. Nightmare, not that many want to. Heck even in UK muslims have created no go areas for whites. And lets not talk about a hindu trying to get a flat in kashmir, they will get more then a rejection and more like an AK 47 shoved in there face
Impossible according to our law. People from other parts of the country cannot own or build houses in kashmir valley. There is some special act for that. lol. In our own country we cant buy land. Look at china and their policy of flooding Tibet with han chinese to make Tibetans a minority. Coming to Hashmi's case I guess its unfortunate but not surprising with the kind of stereotypic reputations muslims are getting after all the terrorism in Mumbai.

NEW DELHI: Brushing aside the Emraan Hashmi controversy as a "one-off" episode, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Saturday said that such incidents should not be given importance. The actor, who is a practicing Muslim but prefers to call himself a "secular Indian", said, "I have never been treated differently because of my religion. I am 44 years old now and never in my life have I felt discriminated." He was reacting to a question related to the recent uproar caused by actor Emraan Hashmi's allegations that a housing society in posh Pali Hill area denied him the NOC to purchase a flat in the building because he is a Muslim. Shah Rukh said that he cannot deny the existence of such incidents but added, "It is a one-off incident and should not be given too much importance." "We are a fast growing nation and the reason for our development is the fact that we have overcome the barriers of religion, castes, class in our hearts and minds. We should not let these small incident affect us," Shah Rukh said. Earlier Bollywood star Salman Khan too had expressed his disagreement over Hashmi's accusation. "If religious profiling indeed happened, Emraan Hashmi would not have been what he is today. Similarly, Salman, Aamir and Shah Rukh Khan would not be what they are today," Salman said adding that such incidents take place because of the individual's personality and not his religion.

I hate to generalize this whole Patel/Gujju thing but I have to say I have been hearing this increasingly. Yesterday I was talking to a Gujju colleague at my place, a really nice guy who while really good at his work has his eyes set on entrepreneurship down the line. He is basically telling me about the big margin in owning a Subway sandwich franchise. He personally does not want to own it since that would include serving non-veg at work location and make money off it, something he is not comfortable with. Fair enough. So I just question him as to how much it would entail, in terms of cost of getting franchise etc. He smiled and told me with a straight face I wont get the franchise(not that I was looking for it) because there are 17 Subways in the region and they are all owned by Patels who would not let anyone else enter the business, even Indians. So yeah I do see why they would be more comfortable letting Patel instead of a Sindhi in their building. Tell you what our country folks practise some effed up ****, even outside India. xxx
Actually its jsut few incidents here and there.I have no problem against Patels. Few of our good friends are Patels. The example you quoted above is more having business mentality then profiling