FIFA_WADA_BCCI : What is the difference

Cant BCCI ask them to do that rather than just opposing it without understanding the clause? They should get on the table with ICC and WADA but what are they doing they are forcing ICC to shun WADA just becoz they are powerful? Well, It appears WADA's compromise with FIFA is that only injured and previously tested positive players will be tested during the offseason. If they offer that to BCCI, I don't believe there would be problem. WADA is not willing to compromise with ICC/BCCI while it was happy to do that with FIFA haha who started this thread you or me? Its laughable when you post articles related to FIFA to back your views. But you dont even understand why are they opposing it. Yes, I'm the one who started this thread and FIFA is the most recent sports body which had fall out with WADA on the same exact issue. Based on available records WADA compromised and agreed to restrict testing too injured players and previous offenders. Why can't the same compromise be available to cricketers? If WADA is going to be on this mantle, why are they treating FIFA and ICC/BCCI differently?

Guest gaurav_indian
If you are so sensitive you should cozy up in a blanket and put on Jerry Maguire and drink some hot chocolate. Your argument is completely analogous to Imran Khan's - it(attack on cricketers/location leak in WADA) hasn't happened till now so we shouldn't worry about it and will be called so. How do you know the chances of attacks happening in a match? Did you see the amount of security during the Chennai test against England - it was a bloody fortress. And after Lahore, it certainly won't be less in future matches.
I am not sensitive but you wont like it if i start calling you names here just becoz i dont agree with your opinion. If i was sensitive i would have left this forum long time ago. Being a mod you should understand that first a guy who just registered 2-3 days ago comes here and call me a paki. And when i reply to him you guys delete my post. How is that fair? Who is sensitive then? Either let me answer those idiots or delete their posts also. You just look at one side of a coin and start blaming me. You dont look at who provoked whom. If its ok and cool for you guys then i am also going to call people paki or ****** dont delete my posts then ok?
How do you know the chances of attacks happening in a match? Did you see the amount of security during the Chennai test against England - it was a bloody fortress. And after Lahore, it certainly won't be less in future matches.
And how do you know the chances of leaking info by WADA? Can you give me atleast one example when it happened? Attacks on players by terrorists already happened once and that was when they were going to a cricket stadium. Can you give a gurantee that this wont happen again? Sometimes you have to trust people there is no other way than that. And what credibility will ICC's Anti Doping Agency will have if they withdraw from WADA? Cant they manipulate the results under BCCI's pressure?
Guest gaurav_indian
After-the-Mumbai-terror-a-001.jpgengland%20security_29112008.jpgcamGun_cricket_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg This is the level of security at which we are dealing with right now!
Yeah i know. But looks like you dont trust them. You trust terrorists more than that lol. You think they will get the info and attack the players. What will this tight security do then?
Guest gaurav_indian
Yeah' date=' there is no guarantee that they will leak the information, so which side would you err on? [b']Jumping off the fifth floor or taking the stairs?
Is this even a comparison?
Guest gaurav_indian
Cant BCCI ask them to do that rather than just opposing it without understanding the clause? They should get on the table with ICC and WADA but what are they doing they are forcing ICC to shun WADA just becoz they are powerful? Well, It appears WADA's compromise with FIFA is that only injured and previously tested positive players will be tested during the offseason. If they offer that to BCCI, I don't believe there would be problem. WADA is not willing to compromise with ICC/BCCI while it was happy to do that with FIFA haha who started this thread you or me? Its laughable when you post articles related to FIFA to back your views. But you dont even understand why are they opposing it. Yes, I'm the one who started this thread and FIFA is the most recent sports body which had fall out with WADA on the same exact issue. Based on available records WADA compromised and agreed to restrict testing too injured players and previous offenders. Why can't the same compromise be available to cricketers? If WADA is going to be on this mantle, why are they treating FIFA and ICC/BCCI differently?
Thats what i am saying they should all get on the table. But what is BCCI doing here? They are asking ICC to shun WADA just becoz they dont like that clause. Will it help BCCI? No. They should ask ICC and WADA to sort this out. Apni power har jagah dikhaane ka keera jo ghusaa hua hai BCCI mein. Baith ke araam se baat nahi karenge apni marzi chalni chahiye bas.:winky:
I am not sensitive but you wont like it if i start calling you names here just becoz i dont agree with your opinion. If i was sensitive i would have left this forum long time ago. Being a mod you should understand that
You are getting worked up because I am drawing a valid analogy between your and Imran Khan's argument and somehow construing it to represent that I am calling you a Paki or attacking you personally!!
And how do you know the chances of leaking info by WADA? Can you give me atleast one example when it happened? Attacks on players by terrorists already happened once and that was when they were going to a cricket stadium. Can you give a gurantee that this wont happen again? Sometimes you have to trust people there is no other way than that.
I don't have the numbers but their track record on other matters of confidentiality has been pathetic. Would you deny that? How can I guarantee if players will get attacked or not going to the stadium. Main Imran Khan thodi hoon. Trust an organization notrious for leaks? Apparently the players don't trust them and they are the ones whose lives are at stake and whose opinion matters in the end.
And what credibility will ICC's Anti Doping Agency will have if they withdraw from WADA? Cant they manipulate the results under BCCI's pressure?
Never short of conspiracy theories are you? You are willing to put lives at risk because that argument is probabilistic and then relying on the same probabilistic argument to say there is chance BCCI will muck around with the results. Some consistency, please?

>Yeah i know. But looks like you dont trust them. You trust terrorists more than that lol. You think they will get the info and attack the players. What will this tight security do then? most stupid comment ever. When players are on vacation, away from cricket, they may not have security at all. If information is leaked they are easy targets.

Yeah i know. But looks like you dont trust them. You trust terrorists more than that lol. You think they will get the info and attack the players. What will this tight security do then?
Abbe, the whereabouts clause is regarding their non season time!!! During a cricket match even a monkey would know where the cricketers are likely to be!
Guest gaurav_indian
Abbe' date=' the whereabouts clause is regarding their non season time!!! During a cricket match even a monkey would know where the cricketers are likely to be![/quote'] oh bhai mere abhi upar tumne kya kaha tha Dhoni and sachin ko Z security cover milta hai and i am talking about that security which they get during off season.
Guest gaurav_indian
You are getting worked up because I am drawing a valid analogy between your and Imran Khan's argument and somehow construing it to represent that I am calling you a Paki or attacking you personally!!
Its ok.
I don't have the numbers but their track record on other matters of confidentiality has been pathetic. Would you deny that? How can I guarantee if players will get attacked or not going to the stadium. Main Imran Khan thodi hoon. Trust an organization notrious for leaks? Apparently the players don't trust them and they are the ones whose lives are at stake and whose opinion matters in the end.
Kindly tell these things to all the people who are in support of WADA. Lets see how many imran khan will you get.
Thats what i am saying they should all get on the table. But what is BCCI doing here? They are asking ICC to shun WADA just becoz they dont like that clause. Will it help BCCI? No. They should ask ICC and WADA to sort this out. Apni power har jagah dikhaane ka keera jo ghusaa hua hai BCCI mein. Baith ke araam se baat nahi karenge apni marzi chalni chahiye bas.:winky:
Yup, the first step is to reject the "whereabout" clause during the offseason. which BCCI has done. Then sit and sort the the stuff out. Let me ask you this. Why didn't WADA offer this compromise in the first place? They already knew this clause is problematic. My guess is they thought they can push ICC around unlike FIFA. To their surprise they found out that there are boards and cricketers powerful enough to stand up to them. Now WADA will offer the same compromise to ICC and they will look like a incompetent organization. IF they don't offer the same compromise, they are holding FIFA and ICC to different standards and BCCI doesn't have to put up with it. Either way it puts WADA in very poor light.
Guest gaurav_indian
>Yeah i know. But looks like you dont trust them. You trust terrorists more than that lol. You think they will get the info and attack the players. What will this tight security do then? most stupid comment ever. When players are on vacation, away from cricket, they may not have security at all. If information is leaked they are easy targets.
abey pehle post ko samajh toh liya karo kabira speaking. :giggle:
Guest gaurav_indian
Yup, the first step is to reject the "whereabout" clause during the offseason. which BCCI has done. Then sit and sort the the stuff out. Let me ask you this. Why didn't WADA offer this compromise in the first place? They already knew this clause is problematic. My guess is they thought they can push ICC around unlike FIFA. To their surprise they found out that there are boards and cricketers powerful enough to stand up to them. Now WADA will offer the same compromise to ICC and they will look like a incompetent organization. IF they don't offer the same compromise, they are holding FIFA and ICC to different standards and BCCI doesn't have to put up with it. Either way it puts WADA in very poor light.
Why will WADA offer the compromise when rest of the cricketing world has no objection to it? It will happen only if BCCI tries to sort things out with WADA which they are not doing at the moment.
Guest gaurav_indian
I saw Pakistanis/non Indians jumping up and down for Indian s not signing this.Not that many Indians.`
Abhinav Bindra :(( MS Gill Anju bobby george Kapil Dev sab pakistani/non indian nikale? :omg: tumhare jaise bachon ki yehi kami hai jo unse agree na kare woh pakistani/non indian hai aur phir apne aap ko educated bolte hai. If you have anything to say on topic then say it. Yeh cheap shots lene band karo.
Why will WADA offer the compromise when rest of the cricketing world has no objection to it? It will happen only if BCCI tries to sort things out with WADA which they are not doing at the moment.
So you are Ok with WADA giving preferential treatment to FIFA? If so I want end this discussion now. Here is CA speaking to why they signed http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/417949.html Paul Marsh, who heads the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA), told Cricinfo. "The solution is something we are not necessarily completely happy with but for public relations and the government funding of sport connected to the WADA code, we can't help it." England's case is explained better by Sean Morris, the chief executive of their Players Cricket Association (PCA), who says WADA-compliance is a must though the cricketers are not happy with the whereabouts clause. "Genuinely, we understand why the Indian players have a problem, but where there a slight difference is because of the way our sport is funded; we have government money going to grassroot programmes," Morris told Cricinfo. "That money is conditional upon certain criteria, one of which is the board being WADA-compliant. "We are sympathetic to what the BCCI are arguing but we are bound by our own national requirements: under Australian legislation, national sporting organizations are required to have a WADA compliant code," Peter Young, the Cricket Australia's spokesperson, said So the rest of the boards do have a problem, but don't have the power (read money) to do anything about it. No whereabouts * Player associations share BCCI's concerns about WADA's whereabouts clause: * The level of information required to be provided to comply with the whereabouts requirements was our main issue and we found that impractical -- Paul Marsh, Australian Cricketers' Association * The issue is the whereabouts clause and England players are concerned about security and privacy -- Sean Morris, Professional Cricketers' Association * Practical and privacy concerns persist for our players and we want the ICC to address them -- Tony Irish, South Africa Cricketers' Association * The whereabouts clause administration is cumbersome and very difficult for those in team sports to manage -- Heath Mills, New Zealand Cricket Players' Association. * Our concerns are similar with regards to the whereabouts clause -- Graeme Labrooy, Sri Lanka Cricketers' Association.