Players Weakness - How to get these Batsmen out?

multani

Alright folks, here is an interesting thread where you name a batsman and state his weakness and how you would plan to get his wicket. You can also include certain bowlers if you would like as your planning strategy. I would like to start with Virender Sehwag Strategy: Bowl 3-4 deliveries a little wide of the off stump so that it there to cut. Then you bowl an inswinger/incutter and it will take the stumps down with it and therein lies Sehwag's demise. The bowler I would pick would be Asif. Please include yours.

Alright folks, here is an interesting thread where you name a batsman and state his weakness and how you would plan to get his wicket. You can also include certain bowlers if you would like as your planning strategy. I would like to start with Virender Sehwag Strategy: Bowl 3-4 deliveries a little wide of the off stump so that it there to cut. Then you bowl an inswinger/incutter and it will take the stumps down with it and therein lies Sehwag's demise. The bowler I would pick would be Asif. Please include yours.
good thread. And very good strategy to Sehwag as there's a problem with the incoming delivery. Inswingers are not such a problem but the ball MUST cut towards him rapidly. The problem is that you won't get him with an offcutter too many times because he'll recognize the change of pace. The cut has to be obtained off the wicket....and sadly it's very hard to predict what the ball will do off the seam. Of the bowlers that could castle Sehwag like that...they would have to be very good seam bowlers, Mohammad Asif, Glenn McGrath. Wasim Akram would also be another good choice, bringing the ball back into the left hander...similar to how Bracken got Sehwag in the TVS Cup in Mumbai in 2003. My pick would be Ricky Ponting on a turning pitch for an offspinner that's not named Bhajji Singh because he can get Ponting out in his sleep. Set a field of slip, leg slip, silly mid off, and square leg saving one. Send mid on long, mid off short. The idea is to deny the single to him in the leg side by flicking it off the hips. Bowl a couple of huge off spinners outside off stump so that he looks to play through the leg side. Then bowl him the doosra on middle stump. The hope is that he'll miss and the ball will hit the stumps or LBW, OR that he looks to play the shot and top edges it. You can also get him caught at mid off trying to go inside out. My second pick....Sachin Tendulkar. The general idea is to just pray that he's in some real bad form. His defense is solid as a rock and that's the reason he's the best, the fundamentals. The only slight, slight weakness I've ever seen is getting bowled through the gate trying to work the ball into the legside. You don't need to be express to get through (exception Donald), but the ball has to be nippy (Razzaq).
Sehwag has ironed out that particular weakness. He is defending it very well. Ask Asif to bowl the same ball. That will disappear over square leg for six. He is concentrating on leg side more. Ask Ian o brien' date= Kyle Mills and co.
Don't need to. I saw his sixes during the NZ series
Sehwag has ironed out that particular weakness. He is defending it very well. Ask Asif to bowl the same ball. That will disappear over square leg for six. He is concentrating on leg side more. Ask Ian o brien' date=' Kyle Mills and co.[/quote'] those are typical inswinging deliveries going into the pads. If he plays those shots on a green wicket with some cut he'll be sitting in the pavillion.