KamineY

Prudent

Reading this prof ? :whack: :--D
Yes if you like movies like Welcome, Singh is King, No Entry and stupid comedies, or lovey dovey movies of Yash Chopra or Karan Johar, then yes this movie is not for you. It is the same old story about conflicting brothers with a lot of baddies. But the way it's told, the music, the dialogues, etc have been mixed very well and some decent acting and some of the smartest lines given to the cast, has made it a great movie to watch on big screen. He has taken movie making of RGV and bettered it. While RGV is left back making crap movies. Hats off to VB!

Guest Hiten.
You guys have no clue about movies' date=' and I am saying it without actually having watched Kaminey. The day Vishal Bhardwaj makes an ordinary movie is not a day I'll live to see. The guy is a genius.[/quote'] Man, I thought this movie was a drag on. I know what you are saying about Vishal and I do understand he is India's few shining stars in the dark because I saw that brilliance 'in bits' in Kaminey and was upset that he didn't show his masterclass in the entire run like Omkara. I went to watch an Indian movie after 2008 (Singh is King... then decided never to go to a theater) just because this was done by VB. I won't call it a pathetic movie (because that'll be bracketed with the likes of Karan Johar a la type...), I'd just say it was very un-Vishal stuff :giggle:

I'll tell you what spoilt it for me, in the last few years there have been some similar type ofmovies with kind of the same storyline ( you know a bhai, someone running away, new-gen type dialogues ). You know how Satya was a masterpiece for Bhai -giri movies, Kaminey try to resemble those pseudo-dark half baked movies so its wasn't something entirely new In Short, it wasn't VOW like Omkara But again, its a movie - no one needs a PHD for Christ sake to certify it. Some like it, some don't

Arre it was a flippant comment - I haven't even watched the movie.:giggle:
Please watch it. I was gonna go to the theater after reading the reviews here but couldn't resist and downloaded a great copy. I'd rather watch Omkara in the theater than this

..oh really and what are you some Movie Connoisseur! lotta people loved Singh is King too - what was that! The move is not worth the hype - you watch it - fine ============= I agree with some portions here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1274295/...ments?start=10
I am not sure to whom are you addressing. Since you mention 'Singh is King' I am assuming it's me. If you were 'bored' in this movie, then you are hard to please. VB looks like he made a lot of serious movies and didn't taste any BO success Omkara, Maqbool are masterpieces as per critics, but not many went to the movies to see. This time, he is having 'fun' and is laughing all the way to the bank. At the same time, he is not a total sell-out either. May be with the money he made, he will go back to where he started off.

I am not sure to whom are you addressing. Since you mention 'Singh is King' I am assuming it's me. If you were 'bored' in this movie, then you are hard to please. VB looks like he made a lot of serious movies and didn't taste any BO success Omkara, Maqbool are masterpieces as per critics, but not many went to the movies to see. This time, he is having 'fun' and is laughing all the way to the bank. At the same time, he is not a total sell-out either. May be with the money he made, he will go back to where he started off.
I was speaking in general, more towards Shwetabh - didnt even see ur post Now that I see it, I despise the types u mentioned ( karan johar ) now, they used to be good but can't watch em anymore