Dear ICC ...

goose

I found this letter I almost sent to the ICC following that infamous Tendulkar Bowled Razzaq nick to first slip. I think that still ranks as the most bollox passage of umpiring i've ever witnessed closely followed by the Sydney debacle. Name your 'top' Tendulkar umpiring debacle. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Sir Yesterday I witnessed an inadequacy of umpiring which I had not previously considered possible. The stupidity of Steve Bucknor's umpiring has reached monolithic proportions. It's well known and accepted that all umpires make mistakes. Taufel, Bowden, Koertzen, Hair...they have all erred recently. However, these names shine like brilliant beacons of success versus the filthy puss-filled inadequacy and seemingly limitless incompetence of Bucknor. That you continue to install this moron in matches involving India demonstrates what a useless tribe of bstards you truly are. You are all sputum-filled pieces of distended rectum incompetents of the highest order. I enclose some deposits of my dog's faeces as an expression of my utter and complete contempt for your organization. Please forward the package to Bucknor. I sincerely hope the deposits have not become too damaged during transit - they were satisfyingly moist at the time of posting, and I would feel considerable disappointment if he did not experience both their rich aroma and delicate texture. Consider them the very embodiment of my feelings towards Steve Bucknor and his employers. I hope Bucknor enjoys the last two days of this test match and may they be the last in his soon to be terminated miserable life, you irritatingly incompetent and infuriatingly racist bunch of twats. Yours Disrespectfully Goose.

The top debacle still stands out as that ****up at Eden Gardens. The fact that SRT asked Bucknor to go off for bad light (and a minute later it was Bucknor unable to see the ball) makes it even worse. Here are some classic reads from the old ICF in response to that: http://v4.sportnetwork.net/phorum/read.php?118,2810215 http://v4.sportnetwork.net/phorum/read.php?118,2810470 http://v4.sportnetwork.net/phorum/read.php?118,2810843 http://v4.sportnetwork.net/phorum/read.php?118,2810219 http://v4.sportnetwork.net/phorum/read.php?118,2810102,page=3 and http://v4.sportnetwork.net/phorum/read.php?118,2810102,page=4

The top debacle still stands out as that ****up at Eden Gardens. The fact that SRT asked Bucknor to go off for bad light (and a minute later it was Bucknor unable to see the ball) makes it even worse.
Yeh that's the one I was talking about. You couldn't make it up. Also, Sachin had just gone past 50 and was looking like his old self at a time where his general form was rock-bottom.

ICC has shown unbelievable incompetence over the years. Among many things, umpiring is a major problem. I know that it's easy to pass comments sitting at home and that the job is difficult out there in the middle, but I have played competitive cricket I know the umpire's job to some extent. Sometimes the umpires make such mistakes that only a blind man would do. It's taken for granted that whenever an umpire gives a wrong decision, it can only be a mistake and never be intentional. Why? Are umpires not human? What kind of training they undergo that make them super-humanly incorruptible? There are corrupt people everywhere and such people can exist in Cricket. We have found players fixing matches, why can't umpires do it? Why can not they be approached by the bookies and why can they not give in to greed or prejudice? What is needed to minimize human error is to replace a professional when he makes too many....especially when the errors are silly. Umpiring is not the only job in the world that takes instant human judgment, but it seems the only one without accountability or punishment. If they are not doing it well, demote them and if they don't improve, fire them. Why is a Steve Bucknor or an Ashoka Desilva or a Daryl Hair allowed to go on making horrendous mistakes again and again and again? BTW I always wondered how Ashoka Desilva was invited to join the elite panel after he failed a written umpiring test.

ICC has shown unbelievable incompetence over the years. Among many things, umpiring is a major problem. I know that it's easy to pass comments sitting at home and that the job is difficult out there in the middle, but I have played competitive cricket I know the umpire's job to some extent. Sometimes the umpires make such mistakes that only a blind man would do. It's taken for granted that whenever an umpire gives a wrong decision, it can only be a mistake and never be intentional. Why? Are umpires not human? What kind of training they undergo that make them super-humanly incorruptible? There are corrupt people everywhere and such people can exist in Cricket. We have found players fixing matches, why can't umpires do it? Why can not they be approached by the bookies and why can they not give in to greed or prejudice? What is needed to minimize human error is to replace a professional when he makes too many....especially when the errors are silly. Umpiring is not the only job in the world that takes instant human judgment, but it seems the only one without accountability or punishment. If they are not doing it well, demote them and if they don't improve, fire them. Why is a Steve Bucknor or an Ashoka Desilva or a Daryl Hair allowed to go on making horrendous mistakes again and again and again? BTW I always wondered how Ashoka Desilva was invited to join the elite panel after he failed a written umpiring test.
Very true point. I play cricket at club level, the umpires are very average at best, they would hardly give out LBW decisions, but when its the 2nd innings and its getting late, they suddenly get the trigger finger out and in no time a side could be all out. I've also noticed, if you give attitude to the umpires, you can forget about getting any decisions going your way. I know its very different from international level where there are people watching your performance, but it shows they can easily become biased.