20 straight wins in a row in WC

King

Yup I'm speaking about the Aussies. They have posted 20 straight wins without losing a game. I think the last time they lost in a WC was against Pakistan in 1999 in one of those round robin games. Such consistency is pretty much unheard of in WC. Bigger the stage better the performance. I just hope this domination stops in the semis or finals and it if happens in the finals against NZ it will be much sweeter.

Re: 20 straight wins in a row in WC i remember 92 wc because that was the time when i started understanding cricket. 92 game against aussies was ours for taking had it not rained. Even the first game against eng srinath and some bowler almost won it for us. Then SL game got washed out and that did it for us i think.

Re: 20 straight wins in a row in WC

1992 was a close encounter between the Aussies and the Indians. It was a fantastic game and still is a classic world cup ODI.
Yep, that game had EVERYTHING. Jadeja took a blinder of a coach, and Manjrekar's little cameo at the end was incredible. Srinath could have won it for India, but he "did a Gibbs" by celebrating too early in that final over.

Re: 20 straight wins in a row in WC >Yep, that game had EVERYTHING. Jadeja took a blinder of a coach, and Manjrekar's little cameo at the end was incredible. Srinath could have won it for India, but he "did a Gibbs" by celebrating too early in that final over. Jadeja catch was in Finals of Benson and Hedges cup..I think.. It was More's little comeo...two 4s of Tom Moody and than he tries again and gets bowled...Manjrekar was run out I believe upteenth time..

Re: 20 straight wins in a row in WC ODI are no fluke for consistent teams. Only inconsistent teams make excuses for losses. It is true though that lesser teams find it hard to win in test matches simply because they need to show consistency in every session. A test cannot be lost in a session usually and to win a test a team needs to dominate at least 3/4th of a test match. Test wins are hard earned while ODI wins don't require you to be at the top of the game for more than just a day.