Are you ever ashamed to be an Indian cricket supporter?

MSDhoni

I have been supporting the Indian cricket team for almost 10 years now, but there are so many times where I am ashamed of the behaviour of our team. I have seen captains and former captains Dhoni and Ganguly trying to claim catches that bounced at least 2 inches in front of them. Also Sharma giving sends off to people all the time. I have seen Harbhajan racially racially vilify Australia players, and then carry on like a comeplete fool when he dismissesed Ponting (and then later on in that match we accuse Australians of over celebrating?), not to mention slapping his team mate. Then Sreesanth carries on like a 12 year old when he finally removes Symonds, who by that time had already scored 100. On top of this the crowds then get involved with racist taunts towards players. We carry on like girls when a few umpiring decisions go against us and threaten to abandon the tour and seem to forget so many other things that went on in that game. I have seen Dravid ball tamper, Dhoni use gloves that were illegally big, Harby get clean bowled and then stand his ground and then swear at Kevin Pieterson. I have seen Gavaskar get an LBW decision against him and storm off the field and take players with him. In the Sydney test Ganguly smashed his bat on to the pitch like a petulant child when he was dismissed in the first innings. He stonewalled and didn’t walk after being dismissed in the second innings. Again Harby inappropriately patted Brett Lee on the buttocks. Kumble refused to shake the umpires hands after the game, poor sportsmanship in anyone’s estimation as despite their poor performance they are entitled to still being provided with a modicum of respect and decency by the captain of the opposition (Symonds shook Harbajhan’s hand after the game). So even though all this nonsense happened in the same text (on top of this the racism was mentioned earlier), we still find the need to call Australian's cheats? Based on what? Ponting took a catch earlier in the match but said he wasn't sure whether it carried and allowed the batsmen to go on, yet we have the guts to say that we were playing in the right spirit, and Australia wasn't? When things don't go our way we burn effogies of umpires and players, instead of looking at where we went wrong. Then we refuse to take drug tests, what have we got to hide? We doctor pictures depending on our position in series. Have we forgotten about the incessant appealing from Indian teams when games were played on our soil in front of sympathetic national umpires. Do you not remember the appeals for anything that came close to a pad and the trigger happy umpires? On top of this because the BCCI controls the game, they are able to bully the ICC and get what they want when things don't go their way. When we are beaten we can never accept that we were beaten by the better team and must blame umpires and accuse others of cheating. Look am I a true Indian supporter but really sometimes our behaviour really pisses me off. Does anyone else feel the same?

I do' date=' but I don't get why we are rejecting it? Surely none of our players are on drugs?[/quote'] Its been repeated over and over again..the issue is with one particular clause which requires giving details about ur whereabouts 3 months in advance. Some of the Indian cricketers are subject to high level security( we actually mean it..unlike Pakistan). According to WADA they should be given the power to test the players at any time of their convinience..even during the rest period. Players and therefore the BCCI have suggested an alternative...that if the WADA informs the BCCI of their wish to test a certain player then they would ensure the player's presence within 24 hours at the testing facility. You can't blame the players really for having an objection to the whereabout clause..esp Indian players. Hence what may be convinient for Aus,Eng may not necessarily be so for Indians. And please do not the bring 9in the point of Olympic athletes not having a problem with the clause...the underworld is hardly interested in the Olympics in our part of the world.

Knowing the whereabouts of a player is important if WADA wants to stamp out drug use. Giving your where abouts is important otherwise you could go away somehwere obscure, take steroids and then return when the drugs are out of your system. It should hardly matter though, why can't they give their whereabouts? Unless they've got something to hide.. which I doubt they do, but really it doesn't set a great example when no one wants to see drugs ruin sport.

Knowing the whereabouts of a player is important if WADA wants to stamp out drug use. Giving your where abouts is important otherwise you could go away somehwere obscure' date=' take steroids and then return when the drugs are out of your system. It should hardly matter though, why can't they give their whereabouts? Unless they've got something to hide.. which I doubt they do, but really it doesn't set a great example when no one wants to see drugs ruin sport.[/quote'] Clearly a person who hasn't lived in Indian environment..I suspected as much when you brought this issue up.
No I have not' date=' I have spent almost all my life in Australia. Do explain.[/quote'] And you are an Australian and you are beyond hope. You register and your first post is a hate post. You never supported the Indian team and you are only pretending to be an Indian supporter. The Indian team is better off without supporters like you.
And you are an Australian and you are beyond hope. You register and your first post is a hate post. You never supported the Indian team and you are only pretending to be an Indian supporter. The Indian team is better off without supporters like you.
Why do you just sweep all these issues under the carpet?

Believe me I'm not exaggerating when I say Sachin and recently Dhoni were under threat from the Underworld..there have been more instances in the past..perhaps a few oldtimers can help you there. The security provided to these guys is there for a reason. How many cricketers in Australia have cops trailing behind them when they're out shopping for example,eh? That is the price every Indian cricketer has to pay..an end to his "normal" life. Seems like all those efforts would be in vein if the whereabout info gets leaked into the wrong hands..doesn't it? the aletrnative which the BCCI have suggested(mentioned in my prev posts) are the best possible solution as far as Indian players are concerned..as a 24 hour period is hardly enough to mask presence of roids. This is why WADA's proposal, while perfectly acceptable from an Aussie pov, can never be implemented in an indian context. Sorry but thats fact.

:fail: This is the worst ever trolling attempt. :giggle:
How? It's true Indian cricket is corrupt and their supporters are for the most part unable to see their teams faults and cannot understand that no time in the history of their 1 billion people strong country have they been the best cricket team in the world.