Champions League 2009

Guest gaurav_indian

Sehwag steps down as Delhi Daredevils captain NEW DELHI: Sidelined from the Indian team for nearly four months due to an injury, flamboyant opener Virender Sehwag, on Monday steped down as Virender Sehwag captain of the IPL team Delhi Daredevils. He will be replaced by Gautam Gambhir in the GMR-owned team. Gambhir, on his part, said he would draw from his experience of leading the Delhi Ranji team on some while captaining the Daredevils. "I am delighted at my selection as captain of Delhi Daredevils and I am committed to deliver my best. I have always looked up to Viru. He has been a guide and friend for me. It is always difficult to fit into the shoes of someone as illustrious as him," he said. "I have led Delhi in the past in Ranji Trophy and we won the title. I have also had the opportunity to lead the Delhi Daredevils in IPL-2 when Viru was injured. It was an enriching experience and hopefully I can put into practice all that I have learnt," he added. Gambhir said he would also seek Sehwag's advice as and when needed during his stint. "I can always turn to Viru for any advise, as also to the other seniors in the team. We have had great camaraderie in the side and this will help reach greater heights," he said. Link