Best module on this website : Cricket Feeds?

King

Re: Best module on this website : Cricket Feeds?

The bookmaker module separates this website from the rest' date=' and even though i have lost over 6000 points on it; i still rate it very highly. We need to do a better job in promoting it though.[/quote'] How do you reckon should we be promoting it better? Having the Bookmaker leader board on the front page, will that help?
I was thinking more along the lines of a marquee just below the menu bar. Odds for the following game being flashed right to left, followed by an announcement titled; "BETS FOR ***** vs ***** NOW OPEN" or something to that effect.
We could do that no worries. We can also have the bookies leaderboard on the front page as there is some space left on the lower right of the website.
Yeah, if you do - make sure the marquee is visible on every page. We definitely need to fill up more space as well.

I have turned it off as it requires a little tweak Pred' date=' will turn in on in a while.[/quote'] I can see it now. Nice work Ravi ! BTW, instead of having "127 needs to be processed" (which makes no sense/is irrelevant to the unregistered member) you should have a little ticker saying "Bets for AUS-SA Semifinal to open on May 1st 2007". Once the bets are OPEN; display the odds on the ticker. ie; "Winner; SA 250/100 - AUS 190/100", followed by other odds for top scorer, etc. You obviously can't have all of them, but just 3/4 would be fine.

I have turned it off as it requires a little tweak Pred' date=' will turn in on in a while.[/quote'] I can see it now. Nice work Ravi ! BTW, instead of having "127 needs to be processed" (which makes no sense/is irrelevant to the unregistered member) you should have a little ticker saying "Bets for AUS-SA Semifinal to open on May 1st 2007". Once the bets are OPEN; display the odds on the ticker. ie; "Winner; SA 250/100 - AUS 190/100", followed by other odds for top scorer, etc. You obviously can't have all of them, but just 3/4 would be fine.
Good point, I could do that of course. Mind you the ticker above is drawing stuff from the database. It is not a text ticker and pulls out whatever there is from the database. I could pick some big winners for each bets and display instead. "Bets for AUS-SA Semifinal to open on May 1st 2007" is hard to do because without any input about the bet in the database the Ticker will not pick it up. I can think of something though if we can input some calendar events. The ticker can then pick up the calendar even and display that for the odds.