New Test Rankings: Updated Aug 30th, 2009

Any ranking system which places Sri Lanka as the 2nd best test team in the world is a sheer disgrace.
BCCI should note this disgraceful anomaly and stop stupid ODIs left right and center and make way for more tests. Our team is strong and all round, its a shame they have to play so many meaningless ODIs instead of solid tests.
Guest Gunner
BCCI should note this disgraceful anomaly and stop stupid ODIs left right and center and make way for more tests.Our team is strong and all round' date= its a shame they have to play so many meaningless ODIs instead of solid tests.
I wouldn't hold my breathe. The FTP details many more meaningless ODIs for India in the next 2 years. The ODI is a format of the game which really should be abandoned.

SL is number 2 because they win the series by huge margins -- unlike India which chickens out after taking a 1 - 0 lead. India should stop playing for the 1-0 series victories -- and go for the kill. They have it in them -- I dont understand why do they not do it.

In wouldn't take much notice of these rankings at all. South africa are tops' date=' no doubt about that, but Australia remain the only side to have beaten them away. Until India or SL achieve that, Australia remain a narrow second for me.[/quote'] Let's take South Africa, India, and Australia over their last series amongst each other home and away : South Africa : Won - 6; Lost - 5 India : Won - 5; Lost - 5 Australia : Won - 5; Lost - 6 You just seem to be on an Aussie glorification trip :giggle:
SL is number 2 because they win the series by huge margins -- unlike India which chickens out after taking a 1 - 0 lead. India should stop playing for the 1-0 series victories -- and go for the kill. They have it in them -- I dont understand why do they not do it.
Are you not demanding a little too much? A few months ago, even winning a series away was like a distant dream. Naturally, Dhoni would hold on to a lead more than anything else. Winning was the first priority was it not? Had India lost the lead trying to go another one up, we would have slaughtered him right here. We have just started winning some. Have patience. Let the team and the fans get a little used to winning.

I am not talking about just NZ. NZ could be excused, what about the series before that against Pakistan where we won the 1st test and orders went out to make flat batting tracks, why -- I dont know. India could have easily beaten that team 3 - 0, instead -- we went 1 -0.