Our new batting order..?

Well I just feel these two series could be make or break for Raina..and yes I still believe he will get a few more chances @ #3 in these two series according to the situation(whenever the team needs to press the accelerator at the top)..I don't MSD risking Yuvraj or himself at no.3 initially.
that wont be too good if he play @ 3.Raina is a quality player for sure,but he has technical flaws.i feel if we lose wicket early RD @ 3,otherwise MSD @3
Well I just feel these two series could be make or break for Raina..and yes I still believe he will get a few more chances @ #3 in these two series according to the situation(whenever the team needs to press the accelerator at the top)..I don't MSD risking Yuvraj or himself at no.3 initially.
Yup. I agree that it will be make or break for Raina. He has got enough opportunities already. I hope he has worked on his weaknesses and has gotten better. He should take some inspiration from Gambhir.
Personally I'd love to see Dhoni @ #3' date=' but, depending on the circumstances, RD may be the better option. Raina should bat lower until his problems are sorted out. He has great potential and I think in time he will be able to overcome his difficulties with the short ball.[/quote'] I think it will be RD at no3. Not because he is better than Dhoni, but because RD may not be that good down the order. Dhoni would be better than RD down the order.
I think it will be RD at no3. Not because he is better than Dhoni' date=' but because RD may not be that good down the order. Dhoni would be better than RD down the order.[/quote'] well if we have a good start n openers play say 12- 13 overs,Dhoni would be wasted down the order,instead he can come in at 3 n rotate the strike n launch against spinners.RD wont be required for too long in that case n if we have a collapse RD is always there
well if we have a good start n openers play say 12- 13 overs' date='Dhoni would be wasted down the order,instead he can come in at 3 n rotate the strike n launch against spinners.RD wont be required for too long in that case n if we have a collapse RD is always there[/quote'] I agree with you that Dhoni will be better at no3. That is why RD's come back does not make much sense. I can not really think of a position for him. In the end, he will occupy no3. Otherwise he is a wasted member in the team.
I agree with you that Dhoni will be better at no3. That is why RD's come back does not make much sense. I can not really think of a position for him. In the end' date= he will occupy no3. Otherwise he is a wasted member in the team.
Fully agree with you on this. Even if he is a grand success we'll be in the same situation in a year or two..discussing our problems. I still remember Dravid's last series..esp there was one game where we were in with a chance v/s the Aussies after T-20 WC 07. Dravid just could not get going..he did score high mind you..just not quick enough. I remember thinking back then Dravid must go. just find the lack of confidence by the selectors in the young team appalling to say the least!! C'mon these guys have been in top form in the ODI format for 2 years now and done what few Indian teams in the past managed. To break that up simply on the basis of T-20 wc debacle is harsh.
I agree with you that Dhoni will be better at no3. That is why RD's come back does not make much sense. I can not really think of a position for him. In the end' date=' he will occupy no3. Otherwise he is a wasted member in the team.[/quote'] RD must be at no. 3 if we lose wicket early.i think seeing our recent collapses,Dhoni wanted one more consolidater besides himself.Also RD is good at short balls which has been our problem.CT has become a big tournament for us after our T20 performance. n it should be a much deserved farewell for RD.After that, i think Dhoni should take up no.3 permanently

Dravids selection is based on how he played in IPL2- and he did do well there. To be fair they havent really 'broken the team up' the selectors. Theyve just replaced Rohit with Dravid. Rohit had to go as hes been underperforming for a little while and need to buck up. Howvever they should perhaps have got Kohli in after his pretty good emerging players tourno. Maybe they thought putting him in a high profile tournament may not be ideal. MSD is probably better at 5 anyway where him and Yuvraj complement each other so well.

I think it will be RD at no3. Not because he is better than Dhoni' date=' but because RD may not be that good down the order. Dhoni would be better than RD down the order.[/quote'] I totally see your point. Can't think of a better spot for RD in the batting lineup than #3. That's just where he fits in the team. I do think that eventually Dhoni needs to bat @ 3 to reach his full potential. He's flexible though and does well down the order so right now it makes more sense to have him @ 4 or 5