Our new batting order..?

infact i think Raina should play at the death because of his short ball problem.there wont be many bouncers in the death overs n even if they do bowl bouncers,the softer ball should be easier to handle it would be batting order u gave,but i would have Dhoni at 3 n RD at 4 n Yuvi at 5.

infact i think Raina should play at the death because of his short ball problem.there wont be many bouncers in the death overs n even if they do bowl bouncers,the softer ball should be easier to handle it would be batting order u gave,but i would have Dhoni at 3 n RD at 4 n Yuvi at 5.
If we have Dravid to anchor the innings, Dravid should be at 3 or 4 depending on the situation, Yuvi should be 3 or 4 depending on the situation and Dhoni at 5
If we have Dravid to anchor the innings' date=' Dravid should be at 3 or 4 depending on the situation, Yuvi should be 3 or 4 depending on the situation and Dhoni at 5[/quote'] i agree if we lose a wicket early,RD should be at 3.but if we dont,Dhoni should be at 3 n not Yuvi,Yuvi should be at 4
I think it should be flexible..
  1. Sachin
  2. Gambhir
  3. Dravid
  4. Yuvraj
  5. Dhoni
  6. Raina
  7. Yusuf
  8. Bhajji / Mishra
  9. RP
  10. Ishant
  11. Nehra

if Sachin gets out 1st, Raina/Yuvi should come in next if Gauti gets out 1st, Dravid should come in next.. we should we have one aggressor and one prodder at the crease...

I dont think Yuvi will make a good no3...especially in case of an early wicket. He is brilliant against the old ball, but may not be so good when the ball is still new. Also, I don't think he has the temperament of a no3.
I dont think Yuvi will make a good no3...especially in case of an early wicket. He is brilliant against the old ball' date=' but may not be so good when the ball is still new. Also, I don't think he has the temperament of a no3.[/quote'] exactly,he should be at 4.Dhoni n RD can share n.3 according to situation
exactly' date='he should be at 4.Dhoni n RD can share n.3 according to situation[/quote'] there's no need for dhoni to come at 3 if the run rate is good enough, raina can be sent ahead of dravid dhoni needs to provide stability lower down the order, he is the best man to guide us through the death overs dhoni is an excellent finisher
exactly' date='he should be at 4.Dhoni n RD can share n.3 according to situation[/quote'] Yes, I agree. Dhoni or RD depending on the situation. May be RD because RD may not be so effective in a position down the order where some big hitting may be required. If RD is in the team, he is best suited for no3.
there's no need for dhoni to come at 3 if the run rate is good enough, raina can be sent ahead of dravid dhoni needs to provide stability lower down the order, he is the best man to guide us through the death overs dhoni is an excellent finisher
Raina at 3 would be dangerous.he has problems with short balls n would be bombarded with bouncers.no such thing in death overs. n Yuvraj is an excellent finisher too n is experienced enuf to guide youngsters at the death overs
Yes' date=' I agree. Dhoni or RD depending on the situation. May be RD because RD may not be so effective in a position down the order where some big hitting may be required. If RD is in the team, he is best suited for no3.[/quote'] well RD has shown that he can tonk the faster men in the death overs.if we have good start,spinners will be bowling soon n Dhoni can use that to improve RR If we lose wicket early,no doubt RD should be in
you cant hide the player.If Raina continues to have problems with the short ball then he will go away-its that simple.
you cant hide the player.If Raina continues to have problems with the short ball then he will go away-its that simple.
arre yaar its just using the players according to thier strengths n weaknesses.Raina has the problem with the short ball,so its nothing wrong to protect him in matches while he works on it in nets. wat u suggest can be done at domestic level.but once Raina is selected,it means he is a good player n we need to use him wisely.remember how he was exposed early against bouncers in T20 WC.wat happened,we got knocked out.Why should we suffer from one batsman weakness,wen it can easily be hidden?
yusuf is useless.... replace him with another bowler...we're always short of a bowler....wish we had a perfect all rounder
a bowler more would mean Bhajji at 7,n hes not no.7.Yusuf can do the power hitting although i wish he could bowl better. Nayar can do the job,if conditions r conducive to seam bowling.it for the same reason that Irfan should have been selected