More PJs

DomainK

Because it is pronounced 'tha'(even if not much stress on h) as in thunder and no 'ta' as in talent. Northies don't know English at all. :finger: :icflove:
Exactly. Thunder is not pronounced "tuh-nder", thunder puts emphasis on h. That 'h' makes it thaali which means plate. It's the soft T and not the soft Th. There is a difference. It's how the French always pronounce the T. If you don't know the language, at least listen to those who do.

Guest Hiten.
Exactly. Thunder is not pronounced "tuh-nder"' date=' thunder puts emphasis on h. That 'h' makes it thaali which means plate. It's the soft T and not the soft Th. There is a difference. [b']If you don't know the language, at least listen to those who do.
OUCH! Stupid southie got kicked in the bawls :hehe: :isalute:

Exactly. Thunder is not pronounced "tuh-nder"' date=' thunder puts emphasis on h. That 'h' makes it thaali which means plate. It's the soft T and not the soft Th. There is a difference. It's how the French always pronounce the T. If you don't know the language, at least listen to those who do.[/quote'] then write it as tahli and not taali. Trying to equate hindi to english letters itself is stupid unless you are using those special symbols to write foreign languages. The tuh you are talking about lies somewhere between the t and th. Neither t nor th does justice to it.:finger:

Guest Hiten.
then write it as tahli and not taali. Trying to equate hindi to english letters itself is stupid unless you are using those special symbols to write foreign languages. The tuh you are talking about lies somewhere between the t and th. Neither t nor th does justice to it.:finger:
How else would you spell Taal as ? taahl ? :dontknow:

How else would you spell Taal as ? taahl ? :dontknow:
All I was saying is the 'tah' used is neither t nor th, so I don't see how taal is more correct than thaal. Even when writing in hindi we use the letter 'tha' and not 'ta' as in tamatar, so its definitely not equivalent to the english t. All I want to say is there is no need to scrutinize the spelling of hindi words in english as its hard to get the exact phonetic spelling either way. Thank you. :--D

All I was saying is the 'tah' used is neither t nor th, so I don't see how taal is more correct than thaal. Even when writing in hindi we use the letter 'tha' and not 'ta' as in tamatar, so its definitely not equivalent to the english t. All I want to say is there is no need to scrutinize the spelling of hindi words in english as its hard to get the exact phonetic spelling either way. Thank you. :--D
so u would call Tendulkar as Thendulkar,right? thats a gr8 insult to god:--D

so u would call Tendulkar as Thendulkar,right? thats a gr8 insult to god:--D
No, I wouldn't. The right spelling would be the spelling he uses. If someone spells my name as Nikil even I would be pissed(well not really, many have come up with worse spellings), but if someone spells his name as Nikil then that would be the right spelling for his name and I have no issues with that. As simple as that. Get over southies using 'h' in their names, its not really a calamity. Thank you. :smiley:

Once Santa Went To Bar There He Met A Girl Santa Asked Her Name? Girl Said: “My Name Is Carmen, Because I Like Car And Men.” Then Girl Asked Santa Whats His Name? Santa Said: “Daaru Boob Singh Pussy“