Is BCCI the richests sporting concern in the world?

For long clubs like Manchester United,baseball teams like the Yankees has been touted as the richest sproting concern.But the BCCI it seems has silently gone past them. Lets see their present sponsorship deals: The global media rights for international cricket to be held in India between March 2006 and March 2010 were awarded to production house Nimbus for US$612 Million.Official kit sponsorship rights for 5 years from 2006 to 2010 inclusive were awarded to Nike for US$43 Million.While Air Sahara became the official Indian cricket team sponsor for a period of four years at a cost of US$80 Million. The media rights for 25 neutral venue one-day matches to be played over the next 5 years were awarded to Zee Telefilms and later re negotiated with Neo sports for US$219.15 Million.Business Standard reports that it has got another Rs 2,000 crore ($450 million) from the sale of other rights, including hotel, travel and ground sponsorship. A total of $1.3 billion over 4 years.Add to that the profit it will earn from the IPL estimated between $50 to $70 million.On top of that the IPL brand which is owned by BCCI is worth $1.8 billion. All this put together the worth of BCCI and its brands is upwards of $2 billion for sure. This is list of Forbes's 10 most valuable sports teams 1 - Manchester United - $1.870bn (£1.144bn) 2 - Dallas Cowboys - $1.650bn (£1.009bn) 3 - Washington Redskins - $1.550bn (£948m) 4 - New York Yankees - $1.500bn (£918m) 5 - New England Patriots - $1.361bn (£833m) 6 - Real Madrid - $1.353bn (£828m) 7 - Arsenal - $1.200bn (£734m) 8 - New York Giants - $1.183bn (£724m) 9 - New York Jets - $1.170bn (£716m) 10 - Houston Texans - $1.150bn (£704m) Before the present article on IPL and the cricketers Forbes never did an article on cricket,the phenomenal success of IPL and its brand value has put the spot light of the world on BCCI and its money Another article recently published shows cricket is the second most popular sport in the world after football with more than 1.5 billion fans.In 4 years BCCI has raked in so much money,all the rights are up for renewal in 2010,with the world cup in 2011 the price will only go up in few years BCCI will leave most other sporting bodies way behind.

NFL teams are owned by their respective owners,BCCI owns the franchisees and those are given on a lease of 10 years.I have not added the worth of NFL teams,i have mentioned the worth of IPL as a brand i will explain it Suppose tommorow BCCI asks people to bid for brand IPL,meaning the winner will have all the rights in IPL which BCCI has now,raking in some where close to 100 million as profit every year,the possible sale price will be somewhere near $1.8 billion. As far as comparison with NFL is concerned it does not function like BCCI,BCCI functions more like a club which sell its television rights,shirts sposorship and other sponsorship...i have still not added BCCI's 51% stake in the champions laegue t20.....which has already got sponsorship worth $1.05 billion.you must understand that BCCI doesnt function like a governing body but more like a private sporting corporation.

Spot on... BCCI is not the richest.. The Football Association from England are about 100 times bigger than BCCI
go and see the profit and loss figures for the FA you will be surprised.BCCI is like a company with different brands like the IPL,CLT20......in addition it is registered in india as a society and pays taxes like any other company
go and see the profit and loss figures for the FA you will be surprised.BCCI is like a company with different brands like the IPL' date='CLT20......in addition it is registered in india as a society and pays taxes like any other company[/quote'] Whether its a company or whatever.. Its still not the richest in the world. And CLT20 is not entirely BCCI. It has only 50% share
NFL teams are owned by their respective owners,BCCI owns the franchisees and those are given on a lease of 10 years.I have not added the worth of NFL teams,i have mentioned the worth of IPL as a brand i will explain it Suppose tommorow BCCI asks people to bid for brand IPL,meaning the winner will have all the rights in IPL which BCCI has now,raking in some where close to 100 million as profit every year,the possible sale price will be somewhere near $1.8 billion. As far as comparison with NFL is concerned it does not function like BCCI,BCCI functions more like a club which sell its television rights,shirts sposorship and other sponsorship...i have still not added BCCI's 51% stake in the champions laegue t20.....which has already got sponsorship worth $1.05 billion.you must understand that BCCI doesnt function like a governing body but more like a private sporting corporation.
boy im afraid you dont understand nfl. Similarly, nfl sign contract for tv game rights to various providers (abc, espn, nfl network etc..) for x years, shirt sponsorship to reebok, drinks to gatorade, etc list goes on. get a clue before you start making idiotic comparisons as you have unlucky done here. :cantstop:
51% to be exact.................how can you say it is not the richest???i have given the list of richest in the world and bcci has more money then that.................
What about the source?? Wiki?? And lookin at some of the grounds in india,, they look in very bad shape. Eg - kochin- the stadium is built in palm leaves.... compare that with MCG or Lords!

Indian stadiums surely r in bad shape ... but with time and time they have started improving... Eng and australia had power and money for almost 100 years and still they can't have any stadium which u can compare with the one where football worldcup was played .. Now just wait and see wht India will show the world in 2011 wc .. their new stadiums, which r under construction, r state of an art stadiums .. And guess wht.. India is doing tht within 10 years of being in power :D

What about the source?? Wiki?? And lookin at some of the grounds in india,, they look in very bad shape. Eg - kochin- the stadium is built in palm leaves.... compare that with MCG or Lords!
the source is all the newspapers around the time when this news 1st came in last year CA and SA have the remaining stake,go and google.and why the question of grounds come in???what has that to do with this???if you want to compare scg and mcg compare with eden gardens,mohali,d y patil,hyderabad,chinnaswami ancd the new ferozshah kotla....the truth is bcci is many times richer than any cricket board and in all probability the riches in the world which some people like you cant accept who have the colonial mindset that CA and ECB should have more power,BCCI has just stood up againist WADA after that all boards followed them,The BCCI has money,clout and now a very good team......
boy im afraid you dont understand nfl. Similarly, nfl sign contract for tv game rights to various providers (abc, espn, nfl network etc..) for x years, shirt sponsorship to reebok, drinks to gatorade, etc list goes on. get a clue before you start making idiotic comparisons as you have unlucky done here. :cantstop:
i must say u must understand what the person was saying before you lable him idiotic......there are many differences btwn NFL and BCCI...which i will list now for you to see 1.NFL formed in 1922 as an association by 11 teams and is an association which runs the NFL,BCCI is a private club which owns the IPL,owns 51% of CL T20,and the indian cricket team,something like a club which has different teams for eg. real madrid which has a football a basket ball and other teams.BCCI is not an association like NFL it is a private club,which can even list on the bourses.can you list the profits made by NFL as an association? 2.It is a private club and that was confirmed by the supreme court in the case againist BCCI by ZEE TV. 3.The franchisees in NFL are owned by the franchisees,in IPL they are owned by BCCI and leased out for 10 years i effect BCCI owns all IPL teams and the IPL brand. 4.BCCI owns all the commercial rights of Team India.....how much is that worth???surely as much as IPL if not more. 5.BCCI has 51% stake in CLT20 which already has a sposorship of over $ 1 billion so individually NFL may be richer than IPL,but BCCI is surely richer than NFL. I havent even added the money BCCI receives from participating in different tournaments and its share from ICC money
the source is all the newspapers around the time when this news 1st came in last year CA and SA have the remaining stake' date='go and google.and why the question of grounds come in???what has that to do with this???if you want to compare scg and mcg compare with eden gardens,mohali,d y patil,hyderabad,chinnaswami ancd the new ferozshah kotla....the truth is bcci is many times richer than any cricket board and in all probability the riches in the world which some people like you cant accept who have the colonial mindset that CA and ECB should have more power,BCCI has just stood up againist WADA after that all boards followed them,The BCCI has money,clout and now a very good team......[/quote'] Ive read a lot.... In NO paper ive read that the BCCI is the richest sporting body in the WORLD. Although am pretty sure that they are the richest board in cricketing world.....
Ive read a lot.... In NO paper ive read that the BCCI is the richest sporting body in the WORLD. Although am pretty sure that they are the richest board in cricketing world.....
Thatz why i wrote is it the richest in the world and gave all the statistics to show it is the richest because no one has tried to make a list to find out the richest in overall world,or else i'm sure the indian booard will come out the richest. In a recent list of most valuable sporting brands in the world IPL($1.8 billz) was at 6th place and NFL($ 4.5 billlz) was 1st,now if IPL is at 6th than i guess BCCI with rest of its commercial properties is surely near the top
Thatz why i wrote is it the richest in the world and gave all the statistics to show it is the richest because no one has tried to make a list to find out the richest in overall world,or else i'm sure the indian booard will come out the richest. In a recent list of most valuable sporting brands in the world IPL($1.8 billz) was at 6th place and NFL($ 4.5 billlz) was 1st,now if IPL is at 6th than i guess BCCI with rest of its commercial properties is surely near the top
Not discouraging you but am pretty sure that you will not be the first person to discover this if bcci was the richest sporting body in the world.. Man I live in India and I know abt the press here... They will create a mountain from a mole for each and every small thing that india happens to achieve.... Recently Fisechella came in at number 2 and the media quoted as India conquered F1...